Have you guys read all the books in this list?

I thought I ought to go back to basics so I'm following this list. I've read 10 of them so halfway through the list. What about you guys?

Needs to have some shitty Calvino and it will be a better starter pack

Don't follow this list.
Unless you want you library to be filled with a gaggle of unrelated, overrated tomes that look gaudy as shit and will only give you insight into pop lit culture. Read what YOU want to read desu owo

Start with the Sumerian storeroom records.

Thanks for the warning, guy. I decided to follow the list to get a path to follow as I had a brief lapse in reading the past year or so.

No, to much of an overweight of Anglo literature for my taste. Need some French and German books, man.

is this one better by any chance?

This.

None of them are 'tomes', lol.

Yes

No, it removed Invisible Man. A lot of that is a bit rougher of a transition for someone who doesn't read at all and wants to work toward more challenging lit.

all degenerate literature written by neurotic reprobates... this is what the Jewish controlled universities call required reading... your either an incompetent self professed intellectual, or your a good little goyim student who thinks walking the path before him set by his Jewish college professors will lead him to some intellectual climax, buddy re-evaluate your means of researching and self educating and learn to think for yourself

I recommend the Lucifer principles by hpwatd bloom and all of arcus Aurelius so yoy can have an understanding of the animalistic nature of man and it's included depravoties, and fronmarcus Aurelius: an understanding of mans soul and what makes great men...

stay away from psuedo intellectual shabbos goy like Jordan petersonamd Stefan Molyneux... they distort good lessons in order to fit a prade conclusion... also read animal farm for the nitty gritty of what politics is in it's based form.

s-such as?

What constitutes that list's steep incline for someone just getting into reading, or what am I talking about that the list should work as a bridge toward being comfortable/prepared for reading?

The English GCSE starter pack, perhaps.

(obvsly, if you list one of them, the other is deductible)
but let's say the latter as i suppose it's shorter

Can we please stop pretending Stoner is special?

Yeah man, what the fuck was the guy thinking when he wrote that book
He must have been STONED or something

I think Faulkner could be a little jarring for someone who is needing to be weaned off of video games, TV, dumb movies and social media feeds. I would say Faulkner, Stoner, TCoL49 and 100 Years are things that a starter pack would bridge to rather than encompass. Not that the books are truly hard or all that challenging (Faulkner is a bit of an adjustment sometimes), it's just that people have mush-brains these days. A lot of the books on the list are fine, I think, but those I mentioned seem more of lit-core than an intro to lit.

>t. meager-souled brainlet

Get off your high horse, it's pathetic how you think those books are hard, especially "Stoner" and "One Hundred Years of Solitude". Also
>off of video games, TV, dumb movies and social media feeds
>video games
I play both video games and read, what are you going to do now, faggot?

>back to basics

Those aren't the greeks.

I play video games too, dude. I even said none of these are hard, but people are fucking retarded. I know people who are completely capable of playing games, have played them, but in their mid-twenties are so brain-stunted that they don't know what the hell to do if they aren't told.

Damn dude, I even said "not that these books are truly hard", learn to fuckin read.

I never implied that, but it's obvious those books can be read by anyone who wants to get into reading again, except maybe Faulkern's certain works, for example "The Sound and the Fury".

It's like your brain intentionally misread what he said.
This isn't a roid rage game of CoD. Nobody is out to attack you. Settle down.

Obviously, but if you're trying to get someone into reading who doesn't normally do it it's probably best to play to their inexperience and provide them suggestions that are closer to the media they engage with already.

I’m sure all those plebs at B&N buying it up because it’s on a NYT list means they’re transcendent brain, right

No, but that has nothing to do with you being a meager-souled brainlet. The subject is you now. Don't try and wiggle, worm.

can I read the odyssey without reading the iliad?

of course

300 pages of utter trash is more of a "time" than thousands pages of Proustian beauty

14/20
whata re the best of the 6 im missing. invisble man, american psycho, huck finn, siddhartha, lolita, to kill a mockngbird

17/20
most of them were things i read as part of a class in middle/high school.

Oh man. Invisible Man, American Psycho and Siddhartha are all great books.
Invisible Man and American Psycho are both very funny, but Invis. Man is also a poignant satire about progressives and their treatment of black people in the mid 20th century.
Siddhartha's beautiful, it's a small breezy read that often leaves people with a new perspective on being caught up in things in life.

15. I've not read Catcher in the Rye, American Psycho, Invisible Man, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

>this damage control over the fact that a pleb has shit taste in literature
O I am lauffin

easily impressed, I see.

Posting some lists I've collected

I’ve read 12 of these. Jumping right into Faulkner or Joyce isn’t going to be fun. Martian Chronicles is way more enjoyable than Farenheit 451. I liked Breakfast of Champions better than Slaughterhouse 5. East of Eden is a great novel if you enjoy Of Mice and Men.

18/20

Havent read Lolita or Invisble Man

I actually have Siddhartha. Didn't know that it was this popular. Is it any good?

Why is right of center politics so schizophrenic?

Fantastic. It's also immensely popular, don't know how you managed to not know this and own it. Not berating you, just surprised.

I don't go on this board that often.

Fair enough, but it's a really popular book just in general too. The Radiohead song "Pyramid Song" is based on it, and that was my first encounter with the book.

>german books

You're not meant to read the entire starter list, they're just entry level recommendations to help someone who isn't an experienced reader get into more serious books than what you probably got in high school
Once you can ride you take the training wheels off

It's very simple but it's good, especially for wayward and confused young males

The fact that you use "tome" interchangeably with "book" only proves that you haven't moved past pop lit

Can someone explain to me why M mice and Men is on that list? I've rarely read something as boring

Lolita is still my favorite book. The end always gets me down, though

Only 6. I looked at the other 14 and they all seemed boring so I didn't read them.

Read 8 of them here. Siddhartha and Catch-22 are pretty good. I left Lolita midway though, lost interest in it.

How did you finish and like Catch 22 and yet lose interest in Lolita?

Siddhartha by far. Some people would also say Lolita, but I didn't like it that much.

Different circumstances. I had Catch-22 with me and braved the first 200pages somehow and pretty much gave it up,but then I was on a long international flight and only had that book with me. So I read it, and really enjoyed the second half and thought that it was really worth it in the end.

When I was reading Lolita, I was at home and didn't really enjoy it. I could handle the uncomfortable parts, but it just didn't catch my interest even after half the novel and I really didn't find myself caring about what happened afterwards. Maybe I'll read it again someday down the line.