Friendly reminder that this man is the most intelligent human being of the last 118 years

Friendly reminder that this man is the most intelligent human being of the last 118 years.

well he didn't say much of substance but he did get a ton of ass so maybe he did have it all figured out

Define "substance"

>well he didn't say much of substance
anglos at it

Elevating Lacan over Heidegger is like elevating Steve Jobs over Turing

wrong

Horribly outdated.
>Penis envy
>Masturbation taboo

lmao

they worked in different fields so its hard to compare them, but is worth mentioning that lacan used heidegger's ideas pretty interestingly and fruitfully (e.g. concept of truth)

t. Dicklet wanker

God you're so right please keep this going we mght revive the board

Its not a matter of comparison its a matter of operation, none of Lacan's ideas could have existed if not for Heidegger. Not to diminish Lacan's own work which I see as tremendously important but simply credit where credit is due

If you are the same poster I replied to, I just want to point out that in the first post you held higher H than L to which I replied that intelligence is relative to the field you're operating. Then you reply that you are talking about influence. Either you cant make up your mind or did not understand what I said. Saying that none of H ideas could have existed if not for pre-socratics is not a way to start a fruitfull discussion

In a sense but who the fuck can be bothered to read the pre-Socratics past a vague glimpse.
I didn't raise Heidegger over Lacan so much as defined the meaning of their relationship, that Heidegger is the philosophic genius and Lacan like Steve Jobs took the existing abstract "technology" and managed to form it in such a way for it to truly connect to people's lives in a way in which Heidegger could simply never do despite his fumbled attempts with Dasein.

>In a sense but who the fuck can be bothered to read the pre-Socratics past a vague glimpse

i unironically suggest you read them after bracketing all pre-conceptions, they are golden (esp. heraclitus personally). And I don't really like your distinction between H as philosophical genius and L as someone who succeeded in applying "complex" H's theory to practice (if I understand well, even though my reformulation is exaggerated in a way). L did as much and as good theorizing as H. And H's theory connected to people's lives enough to make him popular.

I generalize of course but I stand by it as generally true.

>he doesnt read Lacan through Hegel and Hegel through Lacan
You are outdated

this, /thread (faggot)

um, that's not a pic of me, tho???

Wrong.

I wonder what the ethnicity of this man is

>i'm too dumb to understand what witten does so i'll try to fit in with my /pol/memes xD

He's an advanced theoretical physicist which means he gets payed to write unfalsifiable bullshit to redirect funding from departments conducting actual science
Standard Jew stuff