How can I force myself to start reading, Veeky Forums? What's the secret...

How can I force myself to start reading, Veeky Forums? What's the secret? I want to be an intellectual book reader like my father.

There is no point in forcing yourself. You either want to read or you don't.
However, you're in luck, considering that there's like 1000000000000000 books available the probability is high that you might enjoy some of them. Just be sure that you actually are interested.

an hour and a half before bed, turn off all screens and read a book
you'll sleep way better too

I don`t really know how to do it you just start reading one two three ... and when you see you have read like 400 books

also, drink plenty of water, exercise regularly and eat healthily. Its gonna be our year user! c:

This. Fuck yeah. Socrates always said it's a waste to let the body rot away as the mind grows. Gotta balance it. Get some nutrition, some protien, do a little bit of stretching and even calisthenics. You know. Some squats or push ups. Get /litfit/.

wrong, with the instant satisfaction that technology gives, reading, to anyone alien is hard in its perceived relative mundanity to say watching a film or browsing social media.

the trick is consistency, read 20 pages a day for 6 months or so, then up that amount to 40 and so on, eventually you'll find yourself genuinely enjoying and looking forward to reading.

This.

Have you ever had deep insights or feelings about life itself? Someone has written about that. Ask and you shall receive.

Just grab a book that interests you. Don't force yourself into reading something that looks boring or intimidating.

Start slow. Short stupid things. See if your boat gets floated.

your father failed you and he should be ashamed of himself.

Read fiction to start with. It's fast and easy. Move to more challenging works once you've built the habit and ability to read.

Not watching The Big Bang Theory of anime would be a good start.

READ
ON
YOUR
PHONE
If everytime you mindlessly check your phone (which reaches 50s+ a day), you check your book app and read a little, you'll end up reading a lot more than if you try to froce yourself to find time to sit down and read a book. Take advantage of an automatic habit of your body and make it something productive.

i miss /fitlit/

I never got to truly experience it.

t. same pseud who brags about reading "difficult" authors

Stop wasting your time on Veeky Forums.

What? The whole point of my post was that it's pointless trying to read le supreme classics if you don't give a shit about them.

That new, huh?

>considering that there's like 1000000000000000 books available the probability is high that you might enjoy some of them.
This isn't good, having way too many options make you less likely to succeed in commiting to one of them.

The real answer is to force yourself. It will be painful and difficulty, same as moving a heavy weight. But with time you'll learn to enjoy it. Good taste isn't something that you're born with, you must work for it.

This isn't for the weak.

I suggest you leave before it's too late. You'll never escape.

Did mods really delete an umaru picture?

Lmao I was just thinking the same thing

MOOOOODDDDSSS
NOT FAIR