Is there any reason for physical newspapers to exist now?

Is there any reason for physical newspapers to exist now?

old people/tech boomers
also some young hipsters like them
Their accuracy and standards have both gone down the drain certainly.

why dont metaphysical newspapers exist

If there was no reason for them to exist, they wouldn't. There's obviously a market.

Veeky Forums is a metaphysical newspaper.

All sorts of shit exists that should be phased out in favor of better alternatives

Newspapers exist because Jews still own them and wont relinquish their power without kicking and screaming as they fade into obscurity.

And yet it wasn't, hence his "There's obviously a market." Vinyl is a great physical collectible even if it's not as convenient as digital, some prefer reading from physical pages than kindle readers (and again, collection) hence why books still get bought despite being much more cumbersome, and newspapers are in fact still better sources of news in terms of writing and accuracy than online or tv and their readers are rated as consistently much more well informed than anyone else even if they have a much smaller market, are slower and are harder to distribute.

newspapers are totally different than books.

A book you buy one of and put it on your shelf.

A news paper is a new book you get away, and then most people throw away the next day.

The only reason any one would should question the existence of newspapers is their waste: of money, and production costs (printing presses, and what have you):

I presume the newspapers are scared they cant just jump to digital, because people walking in the street or taking the train into the city will still just buy a newspaper in the stand.

And I guess reading on a screen is not the same.

What needs to be done is physical newspapers be made illegal in all states, and every single citizen made illegal to not own an ipad

I have a daily subscription to my local newspaper so I can do the crossword, word jumble, and sudoku every day. I also pick up some local news which never hurts.

>newspapers are in fact still better sources of news in terms of writing and accuracy than online
if newspapers ceased to exist, the better writers of them could write their same way online version

internet news sources reduce everything to soundbites and clickbait
People tend to skim read on the internet rather than spend 15 minutes reading an article.

I read broadsheet newspapers

>the better writers of them could write their same way online version
hahahaha no they wouldnt. well researched in depth long form journalism will die with newspapers. online news has no integrity beyond which headlines get the most clicks.

Because the sound they make when you read them is pleasing. I've tried listening to newspaper rustling ASMR stuff while reading articles online and it's not the same.

Imagine this: There are people that want to read the content of newspapers.

Physical newspapers cease to exist, but the exact content of physical newspapers is instead written online.

People who read the physical newspapers, read the exact same thing, but online.

>of money
I meant paper

What online sources publish that kind of content, aside from online versions of extant newspapers? How would they market that content to an online audience? Newspapers are failing (in part) because the number of people you are talking about is shrinking. Clickbait is simply more profitable and outperforms long form journalism.

They have fantastic tactile user experience that online newspapers can't replicate

People read physical newspaper X.

People write physical newspaper X.

Physical newspaper X is no longer physically made.

Writers of newspaper X, now write exactly what they would have written in the physical newspaper, but Online (just as books can be E-books).

People who read physical newspaper X, now read physical newspaper X online.

Make physical newspapers illegal in every state.

Make sure each citizen has an ipad.

Perhaps as an alternative, to escape information control you might find in other mediums. Except newspapers are dogshit and worse for that sort of thing anyway.

this

Thing is it's harder to have an online newspaper be financially viable because good journalism costs good money. Even if they didn't lose a single reader, the old newspapers have lost their dominant position and have a harder time competing with other alternatives. People are less likely to pay for a newspaper subscription when they can get the same news online for free.

You must have missed the stipulation that ties it all together:
Make physical newspapers illegal in every state.

Make sure each citizen has an ipad.

Jobs

Newspapers are pretty damn useful!!! You can use them for tons of shit!

>bedding for pet rodents
>wrapping fish and chips in
>lighting fires
>emergency arse rag
>roll it up into balls and put in wet shoes to absorb the water
>making ransom notes
>use with masking tape to cover parts you don't want to get paint on

There's a fuck ton of uses for newspapers! Fucking millenials!

In the future information and poetry will be bit mined through all the hash data.
Ai will write a book of truths from this and Veeky Forums will affect the future.

>Don't have to stare at a screen all day
>Will work even when the Internet goes down
>Isn't bogged down with garbage scripts that cause pages to take an abnormally long time to load
>Relevant local advertising instead of clickbait shit

Like brick and mortar retailers, newspapers mostly have shitty business decisions at the top for their failings

>not reading the newspaper
imagine being this much of a brainlet

I work in journalism and it is very depressing to hear of yet another publication cutting staff, or negotiating a pay decease, or even folding completely. Everything about the industry has been negative for about two years now at least.

Doesn't change my point. In fact it would only accelerate the demise of the big media houses since they have enough trouble compensating for lost revenue as it is.

Their primary function is proving the date in ransom demands.

Is there any reason for physical humans to exist now?