Hey Veeky Forums, you probably have a bunch of fags from /v/ asking about these books...

Hey Veeky Forums, you probably have a bunch of fags from /v/ asking about these books, but they have them at my school library so I thought I'd give them a read. I was going to read them in order, but I noticed that they don't have the first book (The Last Wish) there. Should I just skip the first one and move to the second one (Sword of Destiny) or is the first one good enough to be worth buying? I'm not short on money or anything but it would just be more accessible to just pick up the book at the library, unless the book is actually worth it. What's your opinion, Veeky Forums?

Last wish and SoD are the only books worth reading because they're just a collection of short stories. The other books are more like novels and they're incredibly boring.

Might buy this for my 8-year-old nephew for his birthday

Ok, so are Last Wish and SoD connected enough that you can't read one without the other or would you be able to understand SoD fine without Last Wish? Which one is better in your opinion?

lol

Oh, I should mention that I meant the first and second books chronologically. Not by release dates.

It's been awhile since I've read them, but I don't think it matters to be honest. Last wish has a story about how Yen and Geralt met, but besides that you should be fine.

Ok, thanks. I think I'll just find a PDF of The Last Wish and read a chapter then buy it if I like it enough to read the rest.

You could literally figure this out on Wikipedia. Yes, there are things that happen in The Last Wish which the other books expect you to know about.

I've played Witcher 1, 2 and 3, and read The Last Wish. Should I bother with Sword of Destiny, or do the games consume its stories? The Last Wish was cool, but I don't really care for fantasy usually.

The games take place entirely after the book series ends.

What about the quest in the late part of Witcher 1 with the King dude's daughter who turns into a monster and Geralt has to trap her in a tomb? That's depicted in the opening cinematic AND in The Last Wish. Maybe it happened twice, I can't remember if that was part of the story there.

It happened twice. CDPR have always been hacks.

...woah, damn

Stop posting trash.

naw

BTW does anyone know where I can download a PDF for The Last Wish before I buy it?

#bookz probably

libgen.pw has it

I don't have an IRC set up yet but I probably should soon
Thanks. Any idea of what the difference between a .pdf and .epub is?

epub and mobi are for ereaders.

ah thanks.