Is this worth reading? Should I spend my time and money on it?

Is this worth reading? Should I spend my time and money on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oraakkelin_kirja
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you know, you can stop reading a novel at any time.

no i cannot

Worth reading, sure if you like the subject.
Worth buying, not for me personally. Found it to be wanting.

What was it lacking?

just watch the tv show

Not all character arcs are interesting

I don't know too many details about WW2, so most alt-history segments went over my head. At the same time, the alt-history stuff would probably be extremely lacking for people who know their history

It's not his most exciting book, but it's my favorite book by PKD.

I've read a lot of PKD and I found this one the most dull. Its a great concept, but the pay off is weak and I don't give a shit about the Iching

that's literally the worst cover for this novel ever. how the fuck is that representative?

around blacks, watch your backs

it's worth reading but if I had a limited amount of money to spend, I'd pick a different PKD novel. order good but definitely not his best

Don't do this, it's garbage.
Also, has anyone got any more of these edits?

It's by the angry black guy that did the same thing (except with blacks raping whites) for the sidewalk under the Eiffel Tower.

What did they mean by the cover?

cleon peterson isnt black

>Penguin Essentials asked me to design the cover and I couldn’t be happier with how this thing turned out. The story is brilliant. The U.S. lost WWII and is now occupied by the Nazis and Japanese. Check it out. – Cleon Peterson

Bought it for my dad for Xmas. He loves it. Read quite a bit of it so far, albeit he hasn't finished it yet. He's a slow reader, so that should be an indication of how good it is, I assume.

Why are most of The Man in the High Castle's covers so fucking ugly? This is the only one I can stand. Anyway, you should read it. It's not his best but it's pretty damn good. Also check out:

Ubik
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
The Minority Report

This is the cover of the first romanian edition.

Dutch

Then he's a race traitor, even better.

The most generic SF cover

Funny, I actually just read this a couple days ago, having never read a PKD novel before then. It really wasn't a very interesting book.

OH NO NO NO NO

Weird but interesting.
Shitty cover. It makes the book look like bad schlock from the 1930s.
That's so absurd I like it.

It looks like everything else he has ever made. He's such a fucking hack.

It's by far the least interesting pkd book I've read of the dozen or so I've read so far.

I'm new to PKD. Could you rank, from best to worst, the dozen books of his that you've read?

Literally KARA BOGA art.

This is the Finnish edition.

finnish cover of the man in the high castle?

fucking lmao, a burger. a fucking burger. God I love my finnic neighbours

Yes.

The name of the book is literally translated "book of the oracle" but it is just the Finnish name for it.

fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oraakkelin_kirja

10/10. By far the best cover. Bravo Finland.

PKD said France was the best place for sci-fi readership anyway. (America was still behind, he thought). Not to mention Proust was one of his biggest influences.

Nice cover.

For some reason they retitled it to "Boots in the night"

Well I never say this. But the adaptation is far better than the book. Go watch that instead.

Love this.

Also great is this one. Generic SF illustration with some 70s-80s yugoslavian pulp detective/action hero vibe from the guy, questionable typography in the title and awful early PC font of the "Classic Science Fiction" banner. Great stuff all around.

Fashwave before you 2017 spergs even became reactionary.

This book is misleading to say the least.
You'd expect a whimsical medieval story about a dude who gets high in one of those stone castles, with a princess or some shit.
Instead its about fuckin' Nazis and shit, what a gyp that turned out to be.

the books shite. what did you expect?

they're shadow people matey

Bolish

I have a few

I'm almost finished with it and it's really odd. I think I would appreciate it more if I knew anything about Chinese philosophy but as it is a lot of stuff doesn't make any sense. I liked Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep much more.