So Veeky Forums what book do you recommend to a younger guy like me to read that would help him in his later life

So Veeky Forums what book do you recommend to a younger guy like me to read that would help him in his later life

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems/45527/lines-composed-a-few-miles-above-tintern-abbey-on-revisiting-the-banks-of-the-wye-during-a-tour-july-13-1798
depts.washington.edu/vienna/documents/Hofmannsthal/Hofmannsthal_Chandos.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Crime and Punishment
Notes from the underground
The Metamorphosis
The Stranger
Catcher in the rye

>The Metamorphosis
how long is that book, how many pages? i havent read a book in 10 years, and i tried to google, and the wikipedia article doesnt even fucking list how many pages the damn book has? im to much of a brainlet for this or what?

Op here, I read it and it's pretty short but a good read, i fucking love all of Kafkas works you should look him up.

the stranger is probably the shortest one out of all of those, so you should start with that

Depends on the translation, but it's very short. Closer to a short story than a novel.

also you could check something by Hesse if you haven’t

no more than 120 pages depending of the edition

I'll be sure to do that, thank you for the recommendation.

>Veeky Forums is super nice and helpful all of a sudden
What happened

I hear Harry Potter really stretches the legs of your noggin

Le Père Goriot

It always has been as long as you don't ask for stupid things

The Republic. obligatory mention

Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
Epictetus
Hamsun, Hunger
Goethe's Faust
Tonio Kroger
Ask the Dust
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
The Death of Ivan Ilych
Henry Miller
Ways of Seeing
The Daodejing

poetryfoundation.org/poems/45527/lines-composed-a-few-miles-above-tintern-abbey-on-revisiting-the-banks-of-the-wye-during-a-tour-july-13-1798

Read The Prince and apply its principles on your friends.

>younger
Get off Veeky Forums now

If you don't mind me asking the name of the author?

I am 19 and at a crossroad in my life and want read on what is the next logical step in my life , i don't see anything wrong there.

Machiavelli. Don't actually do what I said though, it's terrible advice and will only lead you to debates about how the Entente didn't crush the germans enough to ensure a long-lived victory; this will make people look strangely at you.

Also never trust a Medici.

Have u read SIEGE yet?

>Tfw you've read it and do have conversations about how the Entente should have gone along with plan 1919.

Indeed. I am speaking from experience.

>only humiliating your enemy enough to fuel their revanchism
ROOKIE MISTAKE

The Gospels. Jesus spits hella bars in the disciple ciphers. He's the Loaded Lux of Nazareth

shit

Since no one mentioned it, I'll mention Siddartha.

I spent my whole teens banging my head against a wall trying to understand why I don't feel any connection to my religion despite following it, feeling no transcendence or joy from it. I wanted to know what it means to truly feel divine.

Siddartha does a good job of explaining what a true spiritual journey is like and was a turning point for me.

Good luck.

Was that a 'shit' like you're the bad guy realizing he has been thwarted again by pure good being posted in a thread?

bwahahaha You are nothing against the forces of good, evildoer!

>Only 1.1 million German casualties after the 100 days offensive.

depts.washington.edu/vienna/documents/Hofmannsthal/Hofmannsthal_Chandos.htm

Shut up faggot, young people are ok as long as they ask appropriate questions and don't try to argue about things they are clueless about.

Das Kapital

Montaigne's Essays. May not be able to make heads or tails of even the short essays of the first series (at this point) but continue on re-reading them, considering them, studying them, and watch your mind grow at the same time.