Line 900 and i still have no idea what the fuck is going on

>line 900 and i still have no idea what the fuck is going on

Am i a brainlet? what is the meaning behind this clusterfuck of verboseness?

Are you just reading it because you saw it in Blade Runner?

>verboseness

it's alright Joi, he doesn't like it either and wants to hear you say you don't like it

You're meant to read it for your husband not yourself honey

Yes, or you're just female and then this is perfectly understandable.

No, Nabokov is verbose and is a chore to read. It makes me laugh how he criticised virtually every other author whilst writing as he did.

Though I’d say work on your reading comprehension if you still don’t know what is going on. Better yet, drop the book and read something better.

Agreed.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

You’ve refuted nothing. If you are really saying Nabokov, the shortass Russian emigre, isn’t a verbose twat, you are completely out of it.

>twat

Ew a limey. Argument dismissed

spot on.

although the poem in Pale Fire is actually meant to be quite bad, unlike everything that comes after

>not a single coherent post in the whole thread
everyone who posts on this board should be sterilized except me because i pointed out the obvious :^)

To be fair, the quotes were like the coolest part of the film

If you needed me to say ‘twat’ to pick up that I’m a limey, you must work on your detection skills.

We needn’t be sterilised, because we won’t be procreating anytime soon.

Nabokov was a good writer but a very stupid person with a tiny soul. Don't waste your time reading him if you don't want to be a writer yourself.

>If you needed me to say ‘twat’ to pick up that I’m a limey, you must work on your detection skills.

You're right, your bad opinions and effeminate sense of wit should have tipped me off

>Nabokov is verbose
>Nabokov is a chore to read
>Read something better
t. brainlet.

I never understand statements like this. What even is writing without a soul?

>although the poem in Pale Fire is actually meant to be quite bad
Wait, really? I Just dropped this book because i fucking hated the poetry so much.

No need to lie, admit you only made it to second page.

You're supposed to read the poem interspliced with the commentary you fucking trashcans

>whilst
How to impart an impression of yourself by using archaic language 101

>line 900
You're almost a good Joe. Keep reading.

Limeys always do that, they speak like carribean niggers but they all think they're Bertrand Russell when they write. They have no capacity to just talk like a normal human

t. amerilard

This.

You should have started with the commentary and referenced back to the poem.

The whole point of it is that it's a meaningless purple poem, and the commentator is lending meaning where there is none.

Check the notes as you read, not after.

I've only read Electric Sheep desu, is the movie worth it?

Its overrated but its a solid watch for the cool atmosphere and sets. Same goes for the second which I actually liked better