People discuss THIS shit?

i'd say trying to rile people up on the internet is the most beta sport

God, Hugh Dancy is so fucking pretty

agreed

I say, in absence of any homosexual intent

And I'd say you play no sports

fuck off with your toxic masculinity, this isn't your nazi safespace /pol/fag

This is bait right?

I didn't actually just get called a /pol/tard for saying Tennis sucks right?

What makes it beta?

Strat is pleb level and it's not a good form of physical competition. Would rather play bowls.

>The most beta sport
That isn't how you spell cricket

You wouldn't last one second on a tennis court ya pussy bitch

This thread is so tangentially related to literature it's ridiculous. Take your shitty opinion to /sp/, there's a tennis thread there. Delete this one.

Also is right.
Source: Butthurt 10is fag

Once you begin *actually* reading the works that Veeky Forums ""discusses"", you'll realize that
1) most people who participate in these discussions do not actually read them
2) those that do "read" them only have incredibly surface level appreciation. Like, SparkNotes-tier shit. Don't get me wrong: they can parrot off the well-known themes and all that bullshit, but ask them to describe their favorite passages that (again) aren't the most well-known and they'll 100% draw up blanks.

Many sports start training their athletes at a very young age, and if these experiences of tennis camp aren't actually factual, I imagine that they were highly probable. And seeing inside such a world where children are treated like racehorses was interesting reading,as well as the many 12 step programs ,the thug and addict life,and how these worlds intertwined made Infinite Jest entertaining.

By the way,the audiobook version never dealt with the 300+ footnotes the text alludes to,just numbers them.

So what is the correct way to read it? I'm genuinely curious

Read every book twice and make notes yourself.

Why? What do you get from reading it twice?

Jesus what an awful thread. Clearly most people on this board haven't read it, which is fine, but don't make threads about it if you haven't. This isn't even a critique of DFW, of which one could easily be made if you don't like him, this is just OP making excuses for himself to not read. That is your own personal issue that you need to get through user, don't take it out on us.

Also for those of you wondering if Infinite Jest is good, it is. It wouldn't get memed so hard if it wasn't.

do you really need to ask this

im op this is just a random thread i made ironically im still reading the book

Childhood is thinking the sheneniggans of the Tennis Beta Freaks (and Lyle) are the best part of Infinite Jest
Adulthood is knowing Steeply and Marathe's conversations are actually the best plot line

why is it memed so hard that you can like one or the other?
This book is all about the journey being more important than the destination because at the end there is only death.

Honestly the Ennet House bits are the best

Steeply/Marathe dialogues could honestly be published as an essay they're so good. But never has a novel made me laugh for so long as the fucking Eschaton chapter. Even when I read classics I find that metaphor is the tool that 90% of writers just don't do very well and they come off as gimmicky (ie The Stranger, dystopian novels, Vonnegut) but Eschaton was fucking great.

Which is why Orin tries out for the football team did you even fucking read.