Is anybody else here well on their way to inhabiting a totally solipsistic universe in which only their own value...

Is anybody else here well on their way to inhabiting a totally solipsistic universe in which only their own value judgments are of any concern? I am. And here's how.

I reside in a small modernized cabin in the garden belonging to my mother. I sleep on a single campbed and the only furniture I own is a wooden chair on which I sit for hours each day while facing the single window which looks out onto the garden. I tend a small vegetable patch, drink only water and coffee and spend barely any of the alms donated to me by my mother on foodstuffs. I often forage for nuts and wild berries, and I intend to begin removing edible food from the waste bins of my local supermarket soon both to ease the burden on waste disposable facilities that would otherwise have to process this entirely healthy and edible food.

I spend the majority of my day simply contemplating both the internal and external world. I have lived this way for three years already and I have never felt more at ease. Have I simply reached peak wisdom? Is this what the final manifestation of the Black Pill entails? Are there any books on this issue? Thanks for reading.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xps0jWksdIw
youtube.com/watch?v=W-LZSl6TGdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

your lazy

... what about it are you contemplating?

I am contemplating and undergoing intense exploration of the vast uncharted terrain of my mind.

congratulations, you're a transcendentalist.

sounds comfy

But in 10 years will you still be happy doing this? Making no real progress towards improving your life or standing, just wilting in the garden like the undernourished perennials

I hope this is real. Cozy as heck.

progress is a spook
life is a spook

There's no such thing as progress.

Cool Rick Sanchez cosplay

t. Listen to a man from a country that shit in the street

Your mom okay with this? She won't live forever you know.

You'll be taken out of this way of life eventually when your mother's money runs dry and soon desire won't seem so distant or seperate

huh

oh wow you're so enlightened omg are you buddha you have truly transcended craving wow look it's an old brown woman you are truly at peace... PLEASE enlighten me on what your value judgements (TM) are

get real. you're not fucking wise.

>wise: having or showing experience, knowledge, and good judgment.

I'm wise.

so... nothing?

The fact you ask me what may be lurking there in the vast uncharted terrain of my mind suggests you yourself have never spent hours, days or indeed weeks silently exploring every crevice, every nook, every cranny contained in the human psyche. It is a sad thought to someone like myself, considering that I am currently hundreds of miles into the wilderness of my subconscious, discovering new treasures and establishing new settlements with each new day. I could of course have remained staid and placid in the confines of the small Shire-like village constructed by socialization and pre-programmed behavior, but to my Aragorn-esque disposition such a life seemed both contemptible and wrong.

Dharma Bums by Kerouac, it has multiple comfy outposts

There is no word entish, elvish or in the tongues of Men to describe this autism

Seems like not what I'm looking for as far as "enlightenment" goes if you still find yourself on this trash board

>resorting to dictionary definitions to define wisdom when socrates and others attempted to define wisdom in dialogues

lol no

I have Socratic wisdom as well.

Have you ever tried being "funny" yourself OP, or do you just spam other people's posts all day?

I like this character. Please continue.

good shit my brother

are you the guy who sleeps in a sleeping bag and fantasizes about helms deep every night

Provide it, bud.

If any of that was true I couldn't imagine you posting on Veeky Forums, let alone use the internet. The fact of where this is being read kind of ruins the illusion doesn't it?

unequivocally BTFO XD

op reminds me of that norwegian guy who blogged about moving to a cabin and writing his book. whatever happened to him?

sooo, the guy is asking for books on this topic and litteraly no one is bringing op thoreau?

Admirable.

You should consider ditching the coffee though, it's a needless dependency. If you want something hot and tasty you can make tisanes from what you forage. You can also get some potted mint plants and use the nettles from the garden, both make for nice tisanes.

I live in a tiny room in my mother's house and receive my alms from the state, most of which I give to my mother. She lives a humble life as well so most of it gets spend on whole foods and a little water and electricity. I use a second hand office computer and wear hand-me-downs and milsurp and buzz my own head.

Lately I've been putting some effort into making the garden somewhat of a bird refuge but I'll think I'll work on the neglected herb garden next spring.

Simplicity, frugality and quietude have been praised by contemplatives throughout the ages for a good reason. Once you cast of the trappings of worldliness it is really the best way to live.

Progress is only required if you're not content. If you're content, whereto would you progress? Everything is already unproblematic and therefore perfect.

welcome back op

Elaborate on this "guy", please, his moral compass appears sound and I wish to subscribe to his philosophy.

God damn that was embarrassing to read

enjoy getting laid living like that lmao

>I live off my mother.
>Have I reached peak wisdom?

Jesus christ

At first you were cool, now you're kind of pretentious. However I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Keep up the character, bud.

Not OP, but sex is highly overrated. Women are overrated in general. And if your highest goal is sex, you'll find plenty in the world of that and plenty to despair as well.

Food is very cheap. If you’re an ascetic you cost your benefactors very little.

At least he has his own cabin, chill out dude.

This guy is like a straight up white dude. Is that common with Brahmins?

Thats what sunday is for, not every day of the week.

He looks pretty brown to me...

A bit tanned sure but he'd blend in as a Frenchman

Is this some sort of Samuel Beckett imitation

i watch anime and masturbate to traps and read my kindle for an hour a night in bed
2 fiction books for 1 non-fiction book ratio, im reading oathbringer by brandon sanderson at the moment.
good book.

Did Becky do this?

sort of a pajeet derrida

will internet transcendentalism be the genre that saves new sincerity?

You've got Being down pat. Now try Becoming. Make good waves in the world as you go your way. Don't stress over it but just being is, dare i say it, against our nature.

>your
Is this subtle meming?

God I hope so.

>Thoreau: builds cabin in the woods, works a garden that produces surplus all day, writes all night, freezes all winter, and certainly has no technology beyond an axe

>This guy: lives with mom

I mean, I'm no better than him but he is the bad kind of transcendentalist. So yeah, Op, read Thoreau. Maybe grow some weed about it.

Men who refuse to live as the rest of society are either beasts or gods.

In this case OP is a beast.

Are you sure it isn't complacency and a lack of gumption rather than:

>peak wisdom
>black pill end game
>etc

Read anything from the decadent movement to become a more depraved degenerate. Good luck.

>be the animal who's psyche literally comes from the other, particularly the mother and father
>reject coitus and love, the physical and mental dissolving of barriers between self and other

>Men who refuse to live as the rest of society are either beasts or gods.
Oh shut up lil neech

>Baaaw
>Why do people judge me for being a human parasite

Life is rough. :^)

I was just saying that you are a bad meme gone wrong.

not if it reads the way OP writes

>He thinks there are any internalities.
That's how I know you haven't made it.

>Dude just pretend you don't exist

Stupidest shit ever

>How could mirrors be real if our eyes weren't real.
Wake yourself before you fake your self.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xps0jWksdIw
youtube.com/watch?v=W-LZSl6TGdw

>the physical and mental dissolving of barriers between self and other

Since when? I thought all psychoanalysts say that you can't approach the other which is why sex is just a mutual illusion in the end.

That's a vast generalization. Sex often amounts to this but over time the illusion is inevitably broken and what must be found is a genuine relationship even if its extremely difficult to locate each other.

A genuine relationship of what? This is why I hate psychoanalysis it just needlessly complicates things, even the stuff Lacan said can be said very simply but he doesn't. Just because you've never had sex doesn't mean your psyche comes from 'the other' lol. The only people that take it seriously are those who are already part of the cult.

His argument essentially amounts to that we should identify by our spirit as opposed to our contingent material self. But how is this "spirit" not the self? Is it any different than the Cartesian ego? Which to me is the purest concept of the self there is in the Western tradition. And its one which is wholly prepared to find all material identification as arbitrary or illusory

>A genuine relationship of what

Slow down you fucking retard. I thought it was clear I was talking genuine relationship as in between each other's actual mental life as opposed to the mere personas we project out from ourselves and onto other people.
You know imagine if you always had to pretend to be a cool smooth guy to attract a girl then you end up in an argument and she see's that you can vulnerable and nervous. Either the relationship ends or she comes to appreciate who you actually are behind who she previously thought you were. That's what it is to approach a genuine relationship.
Its never possible to directly see from the eyes of the other person but the very breakdowns in facades allow us to approach that reality

I always thought he had a Cioran vibe myself

No but I could see a Beckett character doing something akin to what OP said

How can you be in between in each other's mental life? It's impossible. All relationships are ingenuine.

Yet some are more ingenuine than others.

That is a problem of categories not relationships. The model is to blame and not the data.

No. A relationship is just something to facilitate reproduction and raise a child. It's impossible for a relationship to be more or less genuine. Sexual relationships don't exist.

>His argument essentially amounts to that we should identify by our spirit as opposed to our contingent material self.
No, it doesn't. UG is a complete materialist. He does accept there being a memory or knowledge, but not that it's some sort of organ like a Mind, nor that it leads anywhere concrete. There's nothing there to identify with or anything of the kind.

Your model is a lie. Straight up.
Relationship is one of the fundamental properties of nature. Your existence is contingent on many relationships, not just some weird "genesis" imperative. You have my pity.

The fact you ask me what may be lurking there in the vast uncharted terrain of my mind suggests you yourself have never spent hours, days or indeed weeks silently exploring every crevice, every nook, every cranny contained in the human psyche. It is a sad thought to someone like myself, considering that I am currently hundreds of miles into the wilderness of my subconscious, discovering new treasures and establishing new settlements with each new day. I could of course have remained staid and placid in the confines of the small Shire-like village constructed by socialization and pre-programmed behavior, but to my Aragorn-esque disposition such a life seemed both contemptible and wrong.

Never trust a thinker who isn't handsome desu

thanks for sharing this user

>anybody inhabiting a totally solipsistic universe
yes. although spending time in society makes this difficult (being bombarded by constant stimuli and negativity) and sometimes i react to things in the same manner i used to before i realized certain things about the nature of separation and identity...
but i did live as you did for a while, and it was the most intellectually fruitful time of my life
i do wish sometimes that i would meet more people irl who feel the way you do

>Have I simply reached peak wisdom
fuck no - your journey has just begun
>final manifestation of the Black Pill
i don't know what this is, but i would say my own way of life is the manifestation of an unyielding desire to seek the truth of my existence at any cost

before you go, do you know of any online forums to carry conversations about such things?

not the one you're responding to, but you're taken for granted the reality of a lot of concepts here without bothering to explore what they really mean

but you're not really self-sufficient, are you? you still depend on your mother. You have not reached peak wisdom yet.

>implying self-sufficiency is a well-defined concept or one that is not simply founded on the desire to be validated as successful by others
not OP, but he seems to be happy in his corner
most would not be, perhaps, but he seems to be

Self-sufficient people don't actually exist.

You'd have to walk naked into unowned woods and make it that way. Otherwise you're always dependant on someone.

Being dependant on a boss is no less being dependant than being dependant on your mother. Both give you money, they just require different tricks for you to do to get it.

>Both give you money, they just require different tricks for you to do to get it
and ain't that the truth
it's almost like, when you stop paying attention to and begin questioning >muh beliefs, and begin to critically analyze >muh behaviours, some illusions magically begin to drift away...

*isn't white

at least to mommy you're irriplaceable.

Yeah, a biological imperative.

N E W M E M E