Is it fair to say that Kafka is Kafkaesque?

Is it fair to say that Kafka is Kafkaesque?

Absolutely not

insufficiently so. like Shakespeare isn't quite Shakespearian.

No. Kafka is lovecaftian

I have seen lots of references to Kafka's work, and the tone I managed to glean was really dark and surreal. Is that just his writing style or am I way off the mark?

You're off the mark but it's not your fault. Kafka is impossible to reproduce or copy because he's completely literal.

Kafka is slightly Borgesian and more than a little Chestertonian, but funnily enough he is not Kafkaesque, despite the fact the term was named after his biological godson.

I'm memeing me, lmao. You know you actually know what Kafkaesque means, just giving you some jokes, buddy. What I said wasn't true afterall as I know.

No, he's not Kafkaesque, he's Kafka.

No. He died.

>You know you actually know what Kafkaesque means
...do I? How do you know that?

So he's Kafka-ex?

No, he's dead.

Post-Kafka, then.

>Kafka is slightly Borgesian

Borges always said he was deeply inspired by Kafka, but Kafka died before Borges started writing. I'd say it the other way around, as in Borges is Kafkaesque

>He hasn't read Kafka and His Precursors

These covers suck, why the obsession with eyes?

What is the definition of Kafkaesque?

Is it good

>Characteristic or reminiscent of the oppressive or nightmarish qualities of Franz Kafka's fictional world.

mysterious

>I find eyes, taken in the singular, create intimacy, and in the plural instill paranoia. This seemed a good combo for Kafka- who is so very adept at the portrayal of the individual, as well as the portrayal of the persecution of the individual.