Which should I read first, Veeky Forums?

which should I read first, Veeky Forums?

Herodotus

Gravity's Rainbow is the only one worth reading, honestly. The rest are possibly the most pointlessly boring things I've ever read.

Homer, then Herodotus

Get in on the reading group OP. I'm just lurking but still it's a help

2666 and Gravity’s Rainbow, don’t read the other shit at all

im 200pgs into infinite jest, second novel ive ever picked up (first was crime & punishment)

enjoying it so far desu

ignore the memery its fun just dont take it too seriously

Culture of Critique

They're all pretty different but the order of accessibility is 2143.

Excellent choice.

Read Prague Cemetery instead

The Foundation of Exploration

>Reading CoC first
Don't do this OP, you'll fry your brain without the prerequisite knowledge.

Culture of Ciritque

jest

I think you need to have had an unironic Robert Anton Wilson phase to read Foucault's Pendulum.

i felt a lot of nostalgic feels for my younger days reading about conspiracies will reading eco

it was great

I've read Prometheus Rising (and some Jung) with a heavy degree of skepticism
I honestly enjoy the atmosphere of them and read them as if they're fiction

Begin with the Babylonions

Infinite jest is dense but not really hard. GR is hard as fuck but definitely a bigger achievement in literature than IJ.

Im nearly done infinite jest and while I feel some small sense of accomplishment for getting through something so long, i also actually enjoyed the book (i.e. it was rewarding on a page by page basis). Did you find GR similarly rewarding as you went through it, or does much of it's 'achievement' as you say lie in slogging through a difficult novel? I'm curious what's in store for me as GR is next up for me

I saw someone on YouTube say it relies heavily on the 'experience' part of the reading experience, but I didnt want to keep watching and potentially spoil the book.

What should one read to gain said prerequisite knowledge?

Put a power drill to your temple and turn it on. Then, you'll have the mental capacities to enjoy such a book.

t. braindead jew