How long does it take you to finish a book? It takes me about a month, which is probably too long

How long does it take you to finish a book? It takes me about a month, which is probably too long.

5 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes, and 13.047 seconds

depends a lot on the book desu
if you're reading hegel or some shit a month is fine
if you're reading oh the places you'll go, you gotta learn to pick up the pace

Hmm, let's think for a minute pal. Do you think my answer might depend on whether I'm reading Clifford the Big Red Dog or The Summa Theologica?

I've been wanting to ask Veeky Forums how long it takes them to read one page (on average). But of course this also depends on several factors. For myself, I'd estimate two minutes.
>inb4 brainlet
I know

1-3 days if I like it and depending on the length and time I've got
7+ days if I like it, but it can't hold my interest/ I'm being a neurotic fucking mess

its already been pointed out how stupid your question is.
It took me 2 days to finish the sailor who fell from grace with the sea and i couldve easily finished it in one but decided not to because the book is broken into two halves. In contrast, it took me perhaps a month to read being and time and i still think im going to have to reread it once i have a better grounding in earlier writers before i can properly progress. Of course, i realised this at the time and was reading other books in conjunction. However, if i were content to simply read the book then anyone literate should be able to do it in less than a week.

depends on

>page count
>difficulty of prose
>complexity of content
>strength of the reader
>time spent reading

so yeah, pretty stupid fucking question

If I timed myself now it would be about one minute, maybe less, though in any given 60 minutes of reading I will only get through about 40 pages because I get distracted or lose concentration and have to backtrack.

OP it depends. I usually read for at least an hour per day. The important thing is to make a habit of it. Read well, not a lot. When I was younger I was obsessed with ploughing through as many books as I could, and I read so fast that I hardly read the books at all - a tremendous waste of time. Don't worry about being slow. Take your time. You will be better off for it.

I can't find the exact quote at the moment, but I like John Updike's quote about if you haven't read a novel within two weeks, then you haven't properly experienced it.

what if youre reading the entire bibe in the orginal greek or something else massively large and obscure?

I can only read 10-13 pages of moby dick an hour on average
English is my first language and I'm 21

This board is full of turbo brainlets ffs can you even articulate a decent question? I bet the book you read in 1 month was the little prince or some shit.

100 pages - A month
300 pages - 3+ months
>500 pages 1+ years

What do you mean with that

Depends on the book and content. A 300k word book about 9-12 hours of reading straight and that's with giving the characters voices in my head. So something like a million could take 3 to 4 days and even then I'd have to read something else that was shorter in between just to deal with the fatigue of a story being that long. At least that's my average. Reading is pretty much my only hobby besides writing and gaming and reading takes the bulk of that time next to writing.

I read Lolita in a day. I've been reading the Bible for two years. It just depends.

Wasn't it Philip Roth who said that?

....................................no

Also it definitely depends on what you're reading.

It takes as long as it takes.

>Novel

>gaming
How do you manage to play games? What games do you play?