What do you consider a brainlet book?

What do you consider a brainlet book?

Dune.

Anything by Malcolm Gladwell, Freakonomics, most if not all self-help books.

anything by jack vance

Pretty much anything on the best seller shelf

Self-help, pop-science, histories of western philosophy

>ready player one
>1 shade of gay

Infinite JUST

Wealth of nations. It's so dumb it's like he doesn't even live in reality. Total brainlet food for people living in fantacy land

Guns of the south

explain yourself at once

Ayn Rand. I mean, what kind of brainlet reads her?

>The story deals with a group of time-travelling white supremacist members of the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging from an imagined 21st-century South Africa, who supply Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia with AK-47s and small amounts of other supplies (including nitroglycerine tablets for treating Lee's heart condition).
Jesus christ

you meen a buk for brian lets?
finniguns weak by alberre kamew

le beeble

Culture of critique is the quintessential brainlet brainwashing book

>i detest free enterprise
>yet i depend upon it

Yeah, the perfect sixth book for the brainlets.

Most works of """philosophy"""

>histories of western philosophy
spotted the nigger

the alchemist

fuck that book

The recognitions

every postmodern novel

the soy speaks

Agreed.

spotted the jew

Anything that has sold more than 1000 copies actually. Pretty much if you can find a review of a book online it's brainlet trash.

Shit taste speaks

I got memed into audiobooking a gladwell. How does he get away with this?

I like him but Hesse's work is pretty pleb

>t. skinny fat soyboy

I'm so fed up with explaining the point of literature to idiots.
>20th century: world powers become more fractured, overloads of agencies, overload of conflicting worldviews, people become empowered with their individualism
>individualism and a plethora of luxury, all at the cost of millions of lives, untold, unseen suffering
>satiate it with products
>soul becomes wary, missing something, an artificial energy has entered us.
>PoMo books written by overly intelligent people, trying to capture the ever-evolving society they see in the capend of 20th
>huge, complex books that seemingly include tangents, red herrings, false starts, periods of intense beauty, feelings of intense boredom, overall make people dread picking it up
>yet, they read on, searching for something. as if the book is conveying to them, yes, the struggle is real, and yes, trying to ignore it now, as it is, will lead to some real pain... so go ahead, go back to plain narratives, page-turners, unalloyed pleasure, and see where we'll go in the next ten years
>21st century invites this level of ennui x 20
>still little babies don't want to do real work, arguing that "art" is entertainment, and not a connection of our eternal struggles

What happened to lit? There's a fucking influx of idiots from /mu/ and /pol/ now.

Stop pretending to read. None of you actually enjoy reading. You just want to look SMERt to all the normies. Fuck.

Timothy Morton and McKenzie Wark

Morton is great, fuck off

> You just want to look SMERt to all the normies.

Reading for enjoyment is not allowed, we are all posers who are trying to one-up each other in the rat race of life. Who would of known such enlightening information could be found in a Mongolian throat singing board. Might as well have the elite of society rule over us, as we are all obviously mongoloids.

To Kill a Mockingbird

>I'm so fed up with explaining the point of literature to idiots

The Bible.

The OT is 1000 pages of the prophecy of God judging Israel for its sins with destruction and desolation. Could have saved myself a month.

If you can't enjoy the work of Gaddis, Pynchon or Barth, then I'm convinced you have an IQ of around 100.

High culture just ain't for dummies, man. Hard truth.

>be me, in med school, loves to read, manages his time well
>you, some whiny kid on Veeky Forums who posts memes as arguments

Again, big boy books aren't for you.

>Wealth of nations
>wealth economics are automatic
>has to explain how this is so

Don't you guys think it's actually extradinary that these writers can add another dimension to their work? Where in mirrors life so well, they dread to even continue? Who knew only words could do that? What does this mean for the post-historic coding age?

Stuxnet could repair itself.

Discourse on Inequality

Just read the primary sources you faggot. Anybody who reads 10 pages of condensed shit, thinks they understand what that philosopher was all about, and then comes here to argue their point is retarded and does not deserve to read a book

nice gibberish

>by Malcolm Gladwell, Freakonomics, most if not all self-help

Why is Gladwell bad?

>gibberish
Is this the most overused brainlet word in the information age?

no, my-dick-in-your-anus is

... for brainlets.

Most of Veeky Forums is in some form of higher education. Don't go around with a superiority complex (because you're not superior).

>Malcolm Gladwell
Literally who?

Stop posting obscure shit from your country that nobody cares about, it doesn't make you interesting, especially on an imageboard

Why do you think so?

Anything by Danielle Steele

Vonnegut

brainlet post

Get off this board Ezra Pound, you're supposed to be moldering in a grave.

> Muh learn 6+ languages before touching the greats. Any translation is heretical.

Fuck off, I bet you believe a plutocracy is the ideal government.

my diary desu

Being and Time

>higher education
>superior

Curious why you think this.

>acting this retarded

Who hurt you?

But I actually can... because I'm legitimately smarter than 99 percent of you.

Also, awww cute, babby's in college!

>Who hurt you?

fuck off roastie

Anti-Oedipus
Difference & Repetition

Brainlet books for brainlets. The revolution is over, the individual lost. We are all permanently BTFO, and attempting escape through meme philosophy is a waste of your precious time.

Gladwell's books are massive best-sellers, the complete opposite of obscure

>reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That's some sick projection there. Translations are fine, as long as you're reading what they said/meant as opposed to what someone else says they said/meant.

I don't, I was just trying to get rid of the Name I'd used in a previous thread and wrote the first book that came to mind. My real answer is of course Civilization and its Discontents

I liked Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. How is it brainlet tier? Especially since they are fairly long books?

>how can it be for brainlets if it has a lot of pages??

what you like or r reading right now

first post worst post

Catcher In The Rye has to be the epitome of brainlet that schools used to brainwash people into reading. Turns everyone into a soy chugger.

The Turner Diaries is the ultimate brainlet book. Prove me wrong. Arguments involving the word soy are invalid.

Im a 100% more smarter than you and thats a fact otherwise you would prove it to me within 24 hours until then good luck brainlet.

Play on playa.
>Absolutely BASED

>mdiya?

The decline of the west

Lad, she's gone move on.

Ulysses
Gravity’s Rainbow
Infinite Jest

this post made my gut wrench, its so ugly and thoughtless
>individualism
wow way to toe the party line comrade
>overly-smart
do you even read you fucking halfwit?
>smert
lol

This man speaks the truth

This. You can say that you read Stephen King or the Hunger Games and I wouldn't assume anything other than you don't like books very much, but when a grown adult says they like Kurt Vonnegut it's safe to say that they have absolute shit for brains.

>Gravity’s Rainbow
Yeah, the book that utilizes French, Spanish, German, Latin, and Calculus to explain concepts is a 'brainlet' book.

Ya ok sure, bud. I'm sure your next reply is that it's done for 'special effect' or to make it look 'deep', well guess what. You literally wouldn't understand all of the concepts presented in this book if you don't understand a little of engineering, quantum mechanics, and WWII history. You have pissed off the wrong guy today, bud, I AM REALLY ANGERY NOW

Pynchon

Triggering postmodern retards is like tapping on the glass at an aquarium

No it isn't. I can tell you're a pseud.

I'm making fun of you idiots, while also showing you that you lack any reading comprehension, that this is all an ego-stroking game to you.

Fucking idiot.

Why is it that this board can never actually come up with any sort of retort?
You're all retarded. Literally retarded.

Tow the part line? Do you read into individualism from some vapid /pol/ perspective? You're response was far more ugly and thoughtless than that. Why purposely change his diction to make yourself look good?

Samefag from before?

Because user is a brainlet who can't figure out that people can say interesting things without being 100% correct.

*tap tap tap*

thought it was really straight forward
there's too much info, brains get overloaded, philosophies scatter into specialized areas, more justifications for being alone, more writers express this inundation as historic documents. this is all pretty straightforward. really what White Noise is all about, a classic example of this postmodern stuff that is "ruining" lit.

I refuse to believe this board is this retarded.

Do you even read?

Why must you samefag in every thread? Don't you have friends?

This is the ultimate pseud post

explain pls

>manages his time well
>complains about the absolute state of Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums

He's got like 3-4 #1 best sellers. They're all meme shit, but I kind of liked the first one I read desu

What med school, brainlet? I'm in a Biochem PhD program at Harvard.

nice fanfiction

>can say interesting things
nothing Gladwell (or any pop-psych hack, for that matter) says is remotely interesting, except to the lowest brainlets. "Just like, repeat the same task for 10000 hours and you'll be a master!" He's even worse than TED talks.