ITT: pop artists and celebrities with patrician taste in literature

ITT: pop artists and celebrities with patrician taste in literature.

>pic related
is she /ourgirl/?

just one more from her. she's so beautiful i wanna lick her feet

please go back

anyone who's vein enough to take a photo of the books they're reading and upload them to instagram should not be considered patrician

with an "a", fucking hell I'm retarded

Who cares? If someone is pushing good books onto the masses, isn't that a good thing? Elitist thinking sucks balls.

Shit taste
Unsurprised from a mediocre “artist”

I'm saying that she can't be a patrician because clearly a motivation for her reading is to show off the fact, it's not that I care if people are uploading photos of books to instagram, I'd even go as far as to agree with your point that public figures pushing good lit is a good thing for the exposure they gain, but where narcissism rears its head patrician's don't.

Why would she be /ourgirl/? She is reading a bunch of post-modernists and is literally the definition of pretentious, morally bankrupt leftism.

>oh wow she's just like me

even if this is her real taste (the lack of pulp makes me skeptical), this is prime marketing and persona reinforcement

Being patrician is a matter of taste, not an archetypal personality. And Dante was the biggest narcissist in the history of literature.

Her taste is fucking trash. She is not patrician. The best writer on her list is Solzhenitsyn and him alone cannot make someone patrician because he is a meme now.

>a motivation for her reading is to show off the fact

so not only patricians need to have a particular arbitrary taste, but also "pure" motivations

you guys really care too much about what other people do

>O'Connor isn't good
>Solzhenitsyn is good
Holy shit get out of my board

Solzhenitsyn may not be aesthetically better but his literature is one hundred times more important than hers will ever be. I don't think that is very controversial to say.

i want that bill viola book

Solzhenitsyn Is trash though lmao get out of this board with your boring taste

she will never be /ourgirl/

>solzhenitsyn is patrician because the cia used his work as cold-war propaganda
wew lad

>that salty commie in the comments

>Mishima
>Houellebecq
>Solzhenitsyn
wtf I didn't know Annie Clark was this woke

shhhh commie you're embarrassing yourself

Norm Macdonald. He's posted about Dosto, Tolstoy, Nabokov, Proust, among others, and he condemns reading 1984 and other high school lit.

Hey St Vincent. I'm sitting here sprung out watching 'You Dig a Pony' meanwhile I just want to be digging your pony. I think you're sexy as hell. I've been stalking you since back when you were just an mp3 blogger meme, back in 2006. But I saw your potential, and here we are almost four years later, rich and famous. And I'm just so proud. I see you wearing those black tights all the time underneath your skirts and shorts, and to me, that just make a nigga go buck wild. The locks of your hair curl to perfection. You got a slammin bod and my dick raise up like a scissor kick when you hit the high note. But all I wanna know is, can you shred on your guitar like that bent over? I like that you sing in two microphones, because then it's like there's two of you, and I always wished that God made two of you so that I could fuck you while you lick my ass. Your lips are sexy red and I want to rub the large space in between your eyes. I'm best friends with Grizzly Bear, and I just want all of us to be friends in Brooklyn, and maybe live in your house and sleep in your bed. And I hope that when you read this, you fall in love with me, because when I turn my swagger on, no one got it like this, and I be in your mother fucking dreams tonight. Thank you for reading my post, St. Vincent. Thank you for your music. And I love you.

yes, you are very retarded. buy a dictionary, idiot

lol why would i buy a dictionary when i can just look words up online

>consternated commie

literal retard
fuck off back to your jordan eptersen memes
flanflan is literally /ourgirl/

>women love a misogynist, french goblin who pisses on their PC talking points
really milking my almonds

I fucking hate St.Vincent. She's a pretentious cunt.

do you see this woman?

I want to be dominated by this woman

#yeahyeahiknowinstagramissupposedtobeforebikiniselfies
jesus

pound is garbage

HEY EVERYONE LOOK HOW SMART I AM

falling for youtube memes is not patrician

>pound is smarter and more talented than I am
ftfy

Bill Viola is trash though.

Lol

not an argument

Pound is Rupi but for autistic manlets

autistic manlet here. we prefer TS Eliot

Is this guy still alive? Last I remember his youtube channel got shut down

Monolinguists larping as well-read prefer TS Eliot, but true monolinguists would prefer WH Auden

The songs on Mac DeMarco's album Salad Days are based on scenes his favourite Shakespeare plays.

Why buy This Is Water, you can just listen to the speech.

She still recorded a tinny-sounding album about breaking up with a fatuous model though.

>female actually reading decent books
>has to post pictures of the books so the whole world knows
lol

i had a huge crush on regina spektor in the 2000s

>timely
w-what did she mean by that

I know Daniel Radcliffe is big into the Russians and has a blurb on my cover of Master & Margharitta for some reason.