Joyce would pick drunken fights at bars and then jump behind the great big Hemingway and shout "Deal with him...

>Joyce would pick drunken fights at bars and then jump behind the great big Hemingway and shout "Deal with him, Hemingway! Deal with him!
Joyce a cute! cute!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qpPsAojqcKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literal fucking manchild, I have nothing but contempt for him, especially after reading portrait of the artist. Fucking embarrassing.

>things that never happened

The beady-eyed cowardly Irishman hiding behind the big strong Anglo. A typical sight.

portrait was his lowkey best work, user. all the people who can comprehend even appreciate and understand the simplest of thematic structures know that portrait is the best.

>lowkey

one of my huge literary pet peeves is when writers cite a specific example of something happening but word their sentence as if it's a frequent occurrence

there's NO WAY he used those words, verbatim, multiple times

Is this the alt-right opinion of Joyce?

Hemingway looked like this at the time, more of a twink than a bear.

The anglo cuck defending the irish literary God.

Seriously, is there any part of Hemingway's authorship that isn't about getting cucked?

>The sun also rises: cucked by having your dick blown off and being in love with a slut you can't fuck due to dick being BTFO
>A Farewell to Arms: cucked by death, having your kid stillborn and your loved one bleed out
>For Whom the Bell Tolls: cucked by artillery shells. Will definitely be cucked post-mortem when the surviving guerillas fuck Maria
>The Old Man and the Sea: cucked by fucking sharks

Is Hemingway's authorship just a giant exposition of the countless ways to get cucked?

DEAL WITH HIM HEMINGWAY!

You realise Leopold Bloom gets cucked, right?

>disliking portrait

the only explanation for this is that you've never felt such passion for anything. or worse, you did, but you pussied out of chasing your passion.

Bloom was a kike

Thanks for spoiling his entire corpus for a lame joke

Post more fake author stories
I remember more of these from somewhere

Spoiling it for the people who read for plot was the actual joke :^)

>Reading Hemingway for the prose

>tfw no big guy for you

>reading anything for the plot
when will these hordes of plebs leave this place

>doesn't understand the beauty of minimalism but reads Hemingway anyway
>he thinks the prose/plot distinction captures all relevant aspects of literature

Joyce was the proto-soyboy

you literally can't refute this

That was Hemingway, Joyce was proto-shitposter

requesting Joyce's dirty letters to Nora

youtube.com/watch?v=qpPsAojqcKo

>muh androgyny! muh gender constructs!
>o-oh no! hemmingway pls protect me my big strong masculine friend!

fucking pathetic soy boy

>>muh androgyny! muh gender constructs!

Where are you getting that shit from?
Joyce was all over the place politically and culturally. Like a shitposter he kind of just asserted whatever felt amusing or provocative at a moment.

Prior to the success of The Sun Also Rises, Hemingway was a terrible sycophant. He sucked up to Sherwood Anderson, Gertrude Stein and F. Scott Fitzgerald. All of these writers thought Joyce walked on literary water. Joyce, who was making more money as a singer than he was from his writing at that time, was delighted to have this bear of an American buying him drinks and paling around with him. Drunk, Joyce would pull these kinds of stunts to see just how far Hemingway would go to prove his friendship. Ultimately Hemingway would betray all of his most useful supporters. His first wife, Hadley, begged Hemingway not to publish The Torrents of Spring, a nasty parody of Anderson's writing style. Shortly he did the same thing to Stein. Hemingway had neither the talent nor the creative genius to parody Joyce to the same effect. For a while though, Hemingway was the highest paid writer in the world.

Two stupid faggots who couldn't write to save their lives.

Hemingway is legitimately middlebrow as fuck. Faulkner is the patrician's choice of American writers in that period.

Faulkner is trash too.

post these retarded memes again and i will end you

Humphrey Bogart would start fights knowing that the busboys would break it up before anything got ugly.

>Humphrey Bogart height is 5ft 8in or 172.7 cm tall.

typical

>fight for the commies in the Spanish Civil War
What else do you expect?

Unironically, yes. I've seen it repeated several times by "alt-right" people. The more self aware far-right people don't agree.

>not choosing the side with the most qts

That's either a he or an incredibly boyish girl and you're either a faggot or a pedophile.

>>The Old Man and the Sea: cucked by fucking sharks
i died user, you're responsible for my death