I've read it twice, but people still hate me. What went wrong?

I've read it twice, but people still hate me. What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're probably an unsightly and autistic.

You gotta actually understand the book, absorb it, and apply its principles to your life

No need to thank me

You're probably ugly as fuck

You haven't influenced them enough.

Chances are you're a detestable human being.

Have you tried threatening people with a brick?

Reading it right now.
Dude talks about principles and proceeds to give a bunch of examples. Really bad way of making his point if you ask me. Anecdotal evidence is too easily discarded. Also, he keeps mentioning goals and principles but fails to give any method to achieve those goals and apply those principles.
It's still a worth reading if you are careful enough.

> talks about principles and proceeds to give a bunch of examples
> Really bad way of making his point if you ask me.

wtf i hate the majority of didactic texts now

There is no logic reasoning behind his examples, it's just a bunch of "look, it works for this guy! that surely means we all have to apply it!"

self help books are only useful in their applicability; you can't just read it, you moron

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if I write a book about human behavior I need to test and proof my theory in 50 million people before I write about it otherwise its just ''anecdotal'' evidence?

If the examples are unbiased and completely different from each other it would have much more credibility. They are always either parent/child or employer/employee examples. Moreover, it's always americans, always occidentals, always christians, and the list goes on.
Even then, what matters most is the reasoning behind the example, the thinking process and method of getting to the conclusion. This is where the author fails the most.
However, let's not forget what I said in my first post:
>It's still a worth reading if you are careful enough.
If you keep in mind all those little details about the author and his style, it can still be helpful and won't lead you to a bad destination.

Not related to the book per se, but from what I understand the key to establishing relationships is making people feel good by stroking their egos and being positive with words + body language. I can't figure out how to implement that though for a few reasons, one being that I'm autistic af with body langauge and the anxiety that I get in social situations, and two, the feeling of being a sociopathic creep in doing so would hurt my ego that wants to portray myself as a good person. What do /lit?

Well I mean the whole book is essentially where Carnegie making a point backed up by some sort of story, and then him repeating that point until your brain begins to slowly dissolve.

So it's probably not your fault.

1 Call people by their real names
2 be interested in what they are saying (be a good listener), which leads to:
3 Think/aproach things from the other person ‘s POV
4 Dont criticize.

It’s a bad book and you probably just suck

What are other books about this subject? Any scholarly books?

You didn't start with the greeks.

You're supposed to read in between the lines. People are easier to convince with real life examples than with an irrefutable proof.

Bump

U G L Y

people actually resent people-pleasers. It's nice to have your ego stroked for a bit, but it gets trite and annoying very quickly.

Find ways to be more pleasant in your relationships, but still express yourself appropriately and be willing to leave if they don't like you.

>implying one strategy suits all
>denying personality differences

More like how to be a beta and get influenced by others

take a bath, go to the dentist, go to the doctor, go to the gym find a job. case that dont get you friends to to the therapist/psychiatrist.

How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling by Frank Bettger is a decent read. It can be had for cheap on the used market. I read books like these with consideration that the material will have to be tailored to my own circumstances and personality. I benefited from both this book and the OP's book.

>More like how to be a beta and get influenced by others
Call me what you will - if I make the sale on acceptable terms then I am happy with the result of the meeting.

This. If you are a nice person and people still don't like to be around you then take a shower, cause you probably smell like ane.

hmmmm idk but come chat w us maybe we can help

discord gg/c37NwyB