Tfw you realize art is literally just a honeypot for narcissists

>tfw you realize art is literally just a honeypot for narcissists
>tfw you realize studying for non-STEM subjects without a career in mind is evidence of laziness and lack of foresight
>tfw you realize mental illness is in no way desirable or evidence of heightened intelligence or sensitivity
>tfw you realize the truly mature, enlightened life involves reasonably pursuing your native instinct to be intimate with a pretty girl and working hard for the sake of yourself, your family and your community
>tfw you realize being poor is a choice
>tfw you realize writers like Houellebecq et al. are simply charlatans making money by turning emotionally vulnerable people into nihilistics and life-deniers
>tfw you realize that having no real life friends is a sign of a greatly trouble individual
>tfw you realize that a lack of romantic relationship experience is a sign of weakness, cowardice and lack of ambition
>tfw you realize that the only useful forms of philosophy are now studied in legal and scientific fields

Anybody else here matured a lot recently and realized all of the above? I've had my world view turned 360 degrees and I feel fitter, healthier and happier than ever.

Any books about any of these realizations?

Thanks.

good day sheep

Low IQ: The post.

> tfw you realize art is literally just a honeypot for narcissists
What did he mean by this?

Peterson really does have a tremendous effect on low willpower men. Pathetic.

Reddit the post.

Think for yourself, man. People like you watch a YouTube video and claim you're enlightened

lmao how are any of these things "realizations"? Are you retarded? What makes artists interesting is that they go against the grain. You just used common sense. No one's even denying what you're typing. Not even the artists you think you're better than. Nothing you said even goes against anything because it's so basic. A lot of words with no substance.

Also
>tfw you realize being poor is a choice
There's no way you aren't middle class. There's kids raised by gang members who never finished middle school and you think they're poor because they chose to go to college for english instead or engineering?

Being poor is LITERALLY a choice in 2018.

If you're poor, do the following:

1. Work minimum wage jobs until you have enough to attend college

2. Study a subject that is in high demand in the job market while working to pay tuition fees

3. Graduate and find a job, and busy your ass off to gain skills, experience and contacts within the industry

4. Find a partner and experience love and develop as a person with the support of another person

5. When you're financially stable after a decade or so of hard work, buy a home, have kids, and work hard to give them every chance you can in life

6. If you still want to "create art" then wait until you're retired and have the time to sit down and write something worthwhile

>tfw you realize art is about transcendence of the self and thus antithetical to narcissism
>tfw you realize that most things work out in the end and that planning your life 20 years ahead and pursuing a field you hate in order to make money you wont have free time to spend like an anxious autistic robot will kill your soul
>tfw you realize that certain types of mental illness have been scientifically linked to correlate with high intelligence
>tfw you realize that quaint traditionalism is all good and fine, but living solely according to its tenets without other pursuits reduces you to the level of a dumb beast
>tfw you realize there are structural disadvantages that make it much harder for some to get rich than others
>tfw you realize writers like Houellebecq et al. are prophets making money by turning emotionally vulnerable people into richer, fuller humans, who can face the terrifying aspects of existence with their heads held high
>tfw you realize that realizing having no real life friends is a sign of a greatly trouble [sic] individual at any age past 15 is a sign of a greatly troubled individual
>tfw you realize that a lack of romantic relationship experience is a sign of devotion to God
>tfw you realize that the useful forms of philosophy now studied in legal and scientific fields were born from philosophy proper, and that thinking philosophy is now barren rather than pregnant with fields we have yet to even imagine betrays an embarrassing lack of historical consciousness

Being a wind-up toy requires realization?

>reddit spacing

Why are plebbiters so fucking gay? Did the 2016 US elections kill Veeky Forums forever? It lead to the probably biggest influx of The_Donald plebbiters to /pol/, killed /pol/, and is now metastasizing to the other boards.

I have only experienced these realizations in the past few months, but they have already turned my life 360 degrees around. I may currently be a friendless KHHV working an essentially "dead end" job at which I am neither respected nor trusted with any workload of any significance that could potentially earn me a promotion or more senior role. But now that I've realized the things I initially posted about above, I am now ready to find a wife, develop several intimate friendships, work harder to prove that I am a useful employee, and approach life as an essentially positive thing capable of providing many, many enjoyable and worthwhile experiences. My rebirth begins today.

>until you have enough to attend college

So...work minimum wage jobs for life?

The autism is indeed quiet striking. If you need another person to support you, you're probably handicapped, a communist or both.

Also, another person doesn't make you happy just because you get to fuck a few times a week. Another person is more of a burden, and shouldn't be sought for until you mature, which you clearly haven't to be posting this nonesense.

And happiness shouldn't be strived for, unless you're a fool, or have no ambition.

>My rebirth begins today.

He posted on Veeky Forums, oblivious to the irony of declaring his change in the very place that had kept him the same for all these years.

The amount of time I gave myself a "rebirth", symbolically baptising myself in a bath, and then proceeded to wank myself off to feet and sleep is too many to count.

Ah, to be 15 again.

>Being in the CURRENT year
>Not realizing happiness is a sensation, not a state of being

Wew

What if a guy has a felony sex conviction? Asking for a friend.

And yet your situation remains the same.

>It's another episode of brainless burger drone n. 275829195 tries to do social commentary
Getting real tired of your shit, 'Murica

This is what I mean when I called out Houellebecq etc. Proponents of any kind of "Red Pill" perspective of the world are essentially self-pitying weaklings who will do anything they can to find a way of blaming other people for their shortcomings. Women, minorities, those working in finance, the potential scapegoats are limitless.

The true "Red Pill" is that within any population in any given age or historical period there are going to be a majority of ideologically submissive, culturally manipulated individuals who will take any opportunity afforded them to hoard as much pleasure as they can as quickly as they can. That's true for men and women, by the way. But as always there exists many, many women who value intimacy, mutual love, tenderness and loyalty. It's your choice whether you get out of the pit of despair you've dug for yourself and meet them. They don't owe you a thing. And if you think that posting on anonymous forums all day, masturbating, dwelling on hatred and anger, and doing nothing to better yourself or your situation in life is attractive to these women, then you really do have another thing coming.

I'm a man now. I am posting this to steer younger, easily influenced and sensitive loners away from the path that leads to nihilism, solipsism, narcissism, and eventually suicide (literal or figurative).

reddit stoicism makes yet another victim. stay balanced senpai! happy new equilibrium!

trying to assume my life view, based on a post telling you to get your shit together and grow up. Well done, Explaining things that every person with an ounce of common sense already came up with at the age of 15.

Now I don't want to make any attacks, but how far on the spectrum are you to assume to know me as a person.

Nihilism is a crock of shit I wipe my ass with, just like stupid people who pretend or think to be smart. Just like extremists, and people who think they need a woman to fulfil their life. Just like people who are complete opposites; Autists who never leave their house and jerk off to anime all day, then go on Veeky Forums to pretend they're intellectuals, because they've seen a YouTube video of a libertarian speaking for the first time. Just like the blue pills and red pills and any other bullshit that you people spew.

You seem weak. Grow up.

A "few months" is surely enough time to have at least changed your situation somewhat, so to what extent can it be said your a "man"? What has changed to make you so? The answer: nothing.

meant for

I study and work IT. I play music and write in my free time. Not all of us are lazy pseudo intellectual nobodies.

Why is Veeky Forums so meek, self-pitying, and needlessly humble?

A sense of profound self-confidence to the point of delusion is something you'll find in most great artists. J D Salinger in his first interview in his early 20s said he expected to be no less than the greatest American writer of his century. Yukio Mishima quit his job at 23 and promised his father to be the best Japanese writer of his time. Adolf Hitler refused to become a clerk in the civil service as his father wanted him to be and instead suffered poverty and misery as an unemployed bohemian in Vienna before making it big. I can name others.

But even by avoiding full-time work and focusing on their art most great writers communicated their ambition to be far more than some mediocre Sunday Painter. Van Gogh refused to work after the age of 27 and openly told his brother that he felt he deserved to be given money because of his talents. Lead Singer Syndrome, referring to the megalomaniacal behavior of a band's lyricist / lead singer is a consequence of their self-confidence and a by-product of their immense talent and ambition. The greatest footballers are often described as overly-demanding and stubborn.

The fact is if you want to be more than anonymous and mediocre in this world you have to demand more out of life than what is afforded most people. You will be accused of being ungrateful, of being childish, of being delusional and pretentious, but only by asserting your demand to succeed will you ever do so. Take me for example. I am 36 years old and have never had a job. My mother supports my artistic ambition and has done so for around 20 years at this point. I simply refuse to be cajoled into working some dead-end, energy-sapping job when I could be using that same time and energy to produce the greatest works of art our species has to offer.

So people like you exist

is this a fucking boomer?

I hope you're not expecting a "thank you". Remember wagie: another day, another dollar.

>implying any of that applies when you're ugly

would look cute if got Veeky Forums

>spend 60 years of your life till you do anything meaningful
>years you will never get back working for some suit fuck
>ignore probability of death by illness or accident, responsibility to relationships and general time wasters

All without addressing rolling a 1 and popping out in a shit country, shit parents or critical disability. You have to be over 18 to post on this site.

He does lift though. Maybe he just needs a different haircut and to be more confident?

>..turned 360 degrees
I think 180 was meant, else youre back to edgy, angsty adolescent mode.

Congratulations, you are now a full-fledged capitalist mirror tool.

Ideological tosh through and through

>If you're poor, spend your entire life slaving away doing shit jobs you hate where people won't respect you so that you can barely afford to exist with food and shelter for the slim, vanishing hope of a life when you retire and are too old to enjoy anything, if your non-existent healthcare doesn't put you into soul-crushing debt or just flat-out kill you by then
The fact that most of the people in my country see nothing wrong with this being the outlook of their life, and in fact have been convinced that it's the American Dream, depresses me every day

/thread

A lower consciousness like yours wouldn't understand suffering and it is indecent to pretend otherwise.

>>tfw you realize the truly mature, enlightened life involves reasonably pursuing your native instinct to be intimate with a pretty girl and working hard for the sake of yourself, your family and your community
What then is the difference between you and an animal?

>mfw people are so ideologically desperate and hungry for spooks that they are arguing for a normie wageslave life as the height of existence

underrated post

See you in a few months, bud

post your art

360 degrees, dude

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Noice

Al Stewart made a great song on the subject called "Ellis Island"

None, humans are animals

>Mishima
>Hitler
>Confidence
>Mom

I liked every sentence of your post.

>Adolf Hitler refused to become a clerk in the civil service as his father wanted him to be and instead suffered poverty and misery as an unemployed bohemian in Vienna before making it big.
>making it big

i love you

I really love your philosophy and became emotional as I read your post. Would you mind elaborating on what your life is like and what it took to get there?

Why should anyone expend anything to help them? They haven't earned anything better, the suffering of the poor is perfectly natural.