What book would you recommend for 18 years old girl? She likes King, Gaiman but I want to take her to the next level

What book would you recommend for 18 years old girl? She likes King, Gaiman but I want to take her to the next level.

I'm wondering if maybe everything can be blamed on not taking it to the next level? It's not like I have proof, but aren't the news always the same and the new movies always borrowing from the glory of past movies? I think we should all write books that take it to the next level, like, books that nobody wants. That way we can spread next level stuff around the globe love like a infection that only gets noticed once it's fatally progressed.

Fuck off dude, I just want to pretend to be smart in front of her, so she might consider giving me her juicy cunt. Recommend a book or get lost!

lmao I just realized Gaiman=gay man

Franny and Zooey
The Optimist's Daughter
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Color Purple
this ilk, plus-
This Side of Paradise

Borges
The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass

My girlfriend who is pretty lit hated Borges because he makes her feel dumb.

To OP, something like Murakami or Vonnegut or something. Slowly ease her into it.

I have yet to hear of anyone who enjoyed taking it to the next level because someone else wanted them to.

hmmmmmm

has she read your diary desu yet?

The Greeks

Based. This is a really good advice.

Schoolgirl - Osamu Dazai

Franny and Zooey is a good read for any young person in my opinion

Caliban and the Witch by Silvia Federici

The Paris Manuscripts. Get this edition.

holy...

Anna Karenina
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Crime and Punishment

China Mieville, Naomi Kovacs, any chinese female author writing about life in china, or if you want to up the ante a little will self but not Shark, there are good reasons for this. Get her something she might like as she is not going to be impresed by your pretend love of Satre of whatever.

None of these books are going to appeal to many of you lads perhaps but you arent girls and many of you have never even touched one. OP these books are what you want oor in the right area, trust me, someone who may have actually lived with a female human of mutual choosing since before you were born.

Agreed. As are they all. Too little Eudora Welty here.

HP Lovecraft's works

She sounds like me at 13 (my parents are very Veeky Forums since they're literature professors so I went through the reading phases earlier since I had guidance) so, I'd recommend Murakami, Vonnegut, Keroac, Hemingway and DH Lawrence (the latter 3 only if she doesn't have SJW sensibilities), Marquez, Anna Karenina (but not other Russians yet), John Fowles and possibly Camus.