Tfw recently got accepted into Stanford (Early Decision)

>tfw recently got accepted into Stanford (Early Decision)
>tfw next fall I will be a rising freshman at Stanford University, ranked as the #4 school by the US News, making me the most educated person on this website

Where can I go to discuss literature now that I've ascended past this board? I have been an avid reader for the past 2 years of my life. I routinely devour books, dozens of pages at a time, and average reading 10 books a year. Is there some sort of forum where the high-brow intelligentsia congregate?Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xy6J4e1z4Lc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAy3XVn7oIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>10 books a year
(you)

I'm a pisces

>making me the most educated person on this website
Think again OP. There is at least one person on here with a PhD from a top five university.

>10 books a year
Take the (you)

Much more than that I reckon. As depressing as it is. This board is the pinnacle of intellectual communities in the history of mankind

>I'm in a top five school, I must be well educated and intelligent!

George W. Bush Jr. went to Harvard too!

Being a freshman doesn't make you educated, no matter what school you go to...

>rising [year]
w does this mean

no, not really

I have a BA from a state school, making me more educated than OP, who is a fucking highschool senior

youtube.com/watch?v=xy6J4e1z4Lc

I paid nothin good for my degree by going to a value school, making me far wiser than you who wants to pay out tens of thousands (if not hundreds) because he thinks the place of his undergraduate education makes the slightest difference to anyone (it doesn’t).

Its true, others may seem smarter from the outside but its actually all just posturing and following a script. You press any so called ivy league expert outside their comfort zone and you find out they have the most basic bitch vote Hillary boomer opinions

What do you work as now?

Great sign, but perverse.
I'm a goat. No one likes goats.

Where's that user who posted cambridge life copypastas

I'll find out whether I'll be accepted into Cambridge University tomorrow, Wish me luck pls anons

I'm a leo

>going to college
>educated
thanks for the laugh

maybe you will have something interesting to write in 4 years when you realize you've wasted all that time...but something tells me it's been done before (since countless other people do the same after all)

male prostitute on CL

>McDonald's employee

STEMfriend universities get the college rankings equivalent of affirmative action. Stanford is a joke outside of STEMfriendliness and the West Coast

>Commiefornia university
>good education

Loving every laugh.
Let me know how that gender studies degree works out.

>making me more educated than anyone in this board

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Kek if you think the college admissions process is a good indicator of academic achievement, I know plenty of poor stupid minorities who go to Harvard and Stanford and UPenn precisely because they are poor stupid minorities

op used it wrong. over the summer you are a 'rising ____' (insert whatever class year you will be in the fall).

there are more of us (people with advanced degrees from top institutions) than you would think.

it's probably twitter, but that's not really fair because there are barriers to entry on twitter (getting noticed by other smart people), whereas on Veeky Forums there are none.

expensive schools = big scholarships

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, OP, but US News has my alma mater at number one, making *me* the most educated person on this website. What's funny, though, is that Princeton accepted me and Stanford rejected me.

Good for you. Don't come back to this board. You will be better off discussing literature with your classmates.

#4?.... fckn pathetic desu. not even top 3

This. Their knowledge is limited to their area of expertise, in just about anything else their opinions are molded by their social circles. Ortega y Gaset makes a nice point against the industrialized man's manner of conducting scientific research

>Where can I go to discuss literature now that I've ascended past this board?
Welcome, brother, to Applied Literature.

I grew up in something that's one step up from a complete ghetto. I made it to an Ivy League school on the back of a combination of affirmative action and an athletic scholarship.

My classmates were all your traditional, blue blood type elites. My professors were the leading experts of their fields.

Every single one of them wanted nothing more than to be shown the base and degenerate aspects of society, and to experience it through whatever avenue possible. This includes emotional, intellectual, and physical. I'm talking humiliation and abuse - in bed and out of bed.

(I'm a faggot in case you haven't figured this out yet. I know you guys suck at reading comprehension.)

One of my teammates, an otherwise proper, respectable, and charismatic white boy had the biggest orgasm of his life (or so he tells me) from having a $10,000 bottle of wine poured over him while I fucked him. Another one specifically requested I whip him with his violin bow. Many more want to experience prison rape or some other comparable scenario in the bedroom. I had a professor suck me off in his office while specifically requesting I shout verbal abuse relating to the emptiness and uselessness of his particular field of study. My experience is not at all uncommon from what I hear.

Your so-called "elites" just want to be treated like crap by ghetto filth. Next time you meet up with an Ivy grad, just remember there's a good chance the same mouth that's speaking eloquently about politics, culture, or whatever other topic is probably the same mouth that sucked big black cock the night before.

That's McDonalds employee with a masters degree to you.

this pasta is gay take it back i'm never eating here again come on cheryl let's go

Aries or Capricorn?

Oh, come now. Aries? My moon's there, and that's something, but not quite enough.. Did I mention that I also had a tendency toward self-deprecation?

>he's not Bushpilled

>muh university rankings
Dream on moron. The „elite“ universities have already massive amounts of affirmative action students and their curriculum is known to be not far behind the most radical diploma mills. In some years people will laugh about your degree like they laugh about Evergreen college degrees today.

Cool! Where do I turn my comprehension and active researching abilities in?

I just want to lose myself in a world which is completely fictitious and makes me lower my self-esteem and awareness of the world around me completely, thanks in advance.

Oh, I see I turn them in over by where that desk is, oh I see George R. R. Martin is there, cool! HEYA George, wanna take my comprehension abilities and active researching aptitudes away from me? Thanks man, I really don't need these when I read you anyway, so we can kill two birds with one stone. What's that? You're just going to start writing screenplays? Okay great, sounds good. I'll come pick these back up if I want to read non-fiction.

Addendum reading ten books a year is just ridiculous. You clearly don’t belong into any institution of higher learning.

What schools are worth attending?

>tendency towards self-deprecation
The Earth signs are insecure as fuck and compensate this with materialism and Water signs are more in tune with feelings and with your own and everyone else's inner world. Aries usually are impulsive and charged. Aries as your moon just means really you're passionate about anything that touches your heart.

there's one of them in this very thread in fact

>My classmates were all your traditional, blue blood type elites. My professors were the leading experts of their fields.
Nice fan fiction. I know those institutions myself and the „blue blood type“ is rare. Look at the ethnically make up it‘s depending on the university twenty to thirty percent affirmative action, thirty percent jews and twenty percent asian. So the number of whites and especially „blue blooded“ ones is limited.
>10.000 wine bottle
If you story was true you would have wrote which wine it was and not a price.

>not Oxford
But good luck, user!

Depends, what you want to specialize in. For example as a psychology student, if you want the leading jung experts you would chose the university of Freiburg. If you are a computer scientist and you want to specialize in machine learning you would chose the MIT. The more important part in any modern university is the work you do on top of the curriculum, since the standards are certainly in decline.

>I had a professor suck me off in his office while specifically requesting I shout verbal abuse relating to the emptiness and uselessness of his particular field of study
This is hilarious and I want to believe it.

>research direction matters
>undergrad
Pick one

Harvard Med from Cornell Mathematics

Just stop. So many people in the humanities in ivy-league are retarded. Enjoy your slam poetry shitfests.

If there's still one of those Coffee House places there, have the BLT, one of the best I've ever had.

t. buttblasted wh*Toid

>making you study about what matters in you biography
>seriously studying
If there is any book worthy to be a classic written in the 21th century, I‘m willing to bet a decent sum it won’t be by some guy, who went to an Ivy League school. Search for professors, who inspire you and/or who are known to support studdents. Some professors do help students to learn more than the standard nosenses your average hack from „insert institution woreshipped by the pleb“ has memorized so well.

are you high on shit

Cornell mathematics here myself. When did you graduate?

>ad hominem
In your world this counts as an argument, even more sad, if that’s how low Ivy League schools have fallen. And my faculty wins the international competition every year and no it’s not an Ivy affirmative action temple or US diploma mill.

>t. sissy wh*Toid
I know the truth hurts

Not so fast kid

t. Cambridge physics autist

>Commie
>Richest state

How can it be?

Yeah sure, but theres been collectives outside of Veeky Forums with actual intelletuals. All the french philosophers of the 20th century would communicate with each other very often and hold forums. Actually, I would say any socratic dialogue is filled with more intelligent and fascinating people than any here.

Four years ago now

damn

I am so heartbroken about your mean words, there is nothing more shameful than to be called my race and adjectives a teenager would use to insult somebody. Really impressed by you have a something enlightening from Hegel
„Der Neger stellt den natürlichen Menschen in seiner ganzen Wildheit und Unbändigkeit dar. […] Es ist nichts an das Menschliche Anklingende in diesem Charakter zu finden. Bei den Negern ist […] ist Charakteristische gerade, dass ihr Bewusstsein noch nicht zur Anschauung irgendeiner festen Objektivität gekommen ist.“

stop replying you fucking retard, its a pasta

I'm interested in philosophy, film, and business, however, none of these seem to be good majors (and I'm not sure if the business lifestyle is me). I'm leaning towards a journalism major

>t. low test white """male"""
Did a nigga fuck your mother? I bet she loves some big black cock

Taurus rising-- triple Earth with Virgin Mars.

Follow your heart. Money be damned.

>tfw this shitpost got you upset that you fucked your exams so badly you didn't meet the requirements after getting an offer from Oxford

Why do I continue to live?

Thanks, user. I'm just afraid that I'll be financially dependent and feel that I'm not having any unique experiences. Hunter S. Thompson drew me to journalism -- not for his use of drugs, but for the fact that he was successful in living life on his terms. That he managed to make a living out of merely interacting with and studying the world itself on a deep level.
Right now, my heart is only telling me to leave home, experience the world, and live independently.

(You) write a clean sentence, seem to know what's wanted at least in general, and what's not wanted in particular. That's a start. If research and writing come easy (you) can of course set up on your own (while paying the bills) but this takes a certain canniness (alas, in the business sense) and extraordinary discipline.

He's probably read more literature than you

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAy3XVn7oIU

Lol