How's your novel coming along, Veeky Forums?

How's your novel coming along, Veeky Forums?

not too well, but the collection is almost done

I'm a TEFL teacher in a third world country who has just finished a two year relationship with a student much younger than myself. She was the only child from a very wealthy family with some very strange cultural norms and traditions. Naturally, her family didn't find out about us. As the relationship came to an end this past month, I'm almost ready to capture it in words. I'm just waiting for the emotions to dull a bit first. In other words, I haven't put pen to paper, but I have the material.

Wtf I wanna read it, pick a code word so i can find it in the future

are you at least keeping a journal to capture your raw feelings? it'd be a waste if you aren't

ITS OK. Trying to pound it out. I’m halfway done I think

Anyone else not really interested in writing "a novel" at the moment? I've mainly cared more for aphorism, diary writing and short stories.

Sorry. Update

Novels are passé and too short. People want epics now. Realms of the unreal/Henry darger/Gaskun-ology stuff
Get Robert Jordan with it

I've finished. Been done for a year now. What exactly do I do? This is the scariest and loneliest part. I've been severely depressed the latter half of the year because I am not writing anymore.

Do I need to join a writer's group? How do I edit this shit? Please help.

Done, now in my agent's hands.

t. Mircea Eliade

Are you 80?

Google "Print Screen"

Very poorly. I've written maybe 10 sentences, and can't think of how to proceed. They're not even a good 10 sentences.

have you contacted any agents?

post them user, I'd like to read it

It's from what's supposed to eventually be a 5 part 1800 page novelization of a series of video game ideas.

>how many clichés can I fit in 10 sentences: the post

For a normie reader, this seems acceptable

I've noticed you keep going on about your video game ideas, can you tell us more

not yet

I need to get this edited and fixed somewhat

Maybe I need a writer's group or some editor but I don't know where to find one or how much it will cost

I don't know where to start desu. I'll give very brief synopses.

The first game is basically an extended hacking mini-game with lots of distractions including other games within the game, disguised as a shmup. You are fighting on behalf of an obviously evil empire and in the end you either end up destroying the world (canon ending) or turning the ship around and, sort of saving what's left of it.

The second game takes place in the aftermath of the first. It imagines a scenario where the survivors of the destroyed world lived in bunkers and knew the human race probably wasn't going to make it, so they made a sentient race of dragons to carry on in their place. Only, the human race did end up surviving, so the dragons just took over everything, and are now trying to manage the development of the human race according to the bizarre and eclectic understanding they have based on their unguided reading of surviving texts from the old world. The dragons debate each other and if they can't agree who won each debate, they resort to one on one combat to settle things, in a contest to see who ends up as the leader of the effort to control human development. The air segments are sort of like panzer dragoon with a boss debate/combat segment at the end of the major ones. Meanwhile, the ground segments would be more like a human raising simulator. Since the dragons are incapable of seriously hurting each other, they use human "tokens" as lifebars and so the major plot of the game is following the relationship between the main character dragon and his token, a tribal man, as he sees the world and learns about the broader human race.

There are three other game ideas and I could write endless -descriptions- of them but I seem to suck at actually trying to write them.

>The easy and liveliness of his gait made the thing almost paper thin,
The subject of that sentence is his gait. Is his gait paper thin?
>shined
Shone. "Shined" is the act of making something shiny by, for example, polishing it. Example: "He shined his shoes until they shone".
Everything else is similarly awkward.

I'm schizophrenic and haven't written anything in like a year and a half due to homelessness.

About 11,000 words into the second draft, been a bit held up by insomnia and lack of funds for eating properly, I can't do anything much when I'm hungry.
Provided I get to sleep okay tonight I should be back on track.

I posted some of it to the literary critique thread. An anonymous poster told me that he liked my writing style and how much he'd enjoy reading a sex scene in my style. I haven't touched a pen since, it was quite traumatic.

Just give us that sex scene

why let the emotions dull, let them run free!

also this girl better be at least 18

with a picture of his penis attached