Any book that depicts perfectly the inner experience of a girl growing into a woman?

Any book that depicts perfectly the inner experience of a girl growing into a woman?

Lolita

my diary desu

Damn, Agatha looks like THAT?

everything by

Her video tutorials are, by far, superior to her written texts.

>Tutorials
Im laffin

stop posting this dyke

How would anyone on Veeky Forums know?

Some of us spend a lot of time thinking about little girls

diary of anne frank, obviously

Who is this?

She never quite reached a woman did she

CArrie

Does Ada count?
Just read that anyway

i capture the castle
the wasp factory

You're going away for a long time, Dan Schneider.

Not a novel but The Second Sex by Simone De Beauvoir was useful to me in understanding the feminine experience, especially around puberty and early sexuality.

Portrait of a Lady, Middlemarch
Orlando
maybe Matilda?

Tender is the Night sets itself up like that kinda but then segways to the destruction of a man

tits or GTFO

Such a great book, BTFO Gatsby

... Little Women? There's four, they all grow into different womens, except the one who dies.

>womens

>he can't detect an joke

Hey! Dodie Smith! I once gave this as a gift to one of my younger cousins. Fine book.

>inner experience of a girl growing into a woman
From the perspective of the dude inside her or her perspective? What do you mean by "inner"?

How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran for modern middle class females
Everyone needs to read The Second Sex
The Diary of Anne Frank is a really good rec too

>Any book that depicts perfectly the inner experience of a boy growing into a woman?

Lacan Seminar XX.

>jewposting
kys nigger

Don't read this if you have a purity complex and seeing a sweet little girl grow into a woman who gets used like a whore will disturb you.

Is it good though?

any rec about this, lads?

>nigger
Why the racism?

Alice Munro Is probably the best female short story writer still alive. Lives of Girls and Women is a pretty good novel.

nice i'll check her out asap

Kristin Lavransdatter

The Bell Jar

Back to /R/eddit with your punctuation and boomer posting

>The best female
Tried one of her stories and it bored me to tears (this is coming from a leaf)
Any recs on something by her that won't make me want to hang myself? Is your pic a good place to start?

>Wild Swans
>Powers
>Dimensions

These are some "interesting" stories in that they are about rare and violent happenings. In general she's a boring, comfy writer though (I say this as praise). If the inner lives of unremarkable people don't interest you, you can probably skip her.

This is a really good book

This honestly, Lolita is already a woman at 13. Nabokovs book Ada as well.

Lolita in no way depicts any inner life of the girl and she never gets to become a proper woman anyway. He pretty much stunts her

women are internally identical to children

The Voyage Out by Woolf was about this. I haven't read her other fiction but I imagine she might have similar works.

>He isn't yet jaded enough to find jokes pointless
newfag spotted

She does indeed have similar works. The Waves is a good place to start.

I asked a real female for this book and she suggested Judy Bloom's

"Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret."

>im bad at makeup
>my breasts arent large enough
>now they are but im fat
>everything sucks
>now im a slut for some reason
>everything is alright now but i still lack personal value
>my sex drive has plummeted so its time to be modest/witholding and get a job or something
>im an adult now so i should probably find a husband who makes a lot of money to have lots of babbies with before the old coochie dries up
>i had lots of babbies

Thats about all i got

Underrated

>im old and i have lost all value
>saggy, wrinkly, sad
>no real hobbies but i work and i watch tv when i get home
>i clean i cook and im there for you
>i dont have much and even if you hurt me i will always love you

The one I'm writing

>you only receive attention as a child when you cry, so you do, often. you stop when you start to notice your mother rolling her eyes
>your girlhood happiness ends at age 8 when one of your fathers' friends tells you how pretty your hair is and strokes it and you cry and everyone laughs. you learn that your pain is a joke
>you briefly but totally abandon your authentic self, which you will never recover, as you first experimentally minimize yourself between ages 10-13
>you suffer ceaseless body horror as you watch your body stretch and tear in ways that you can understand only as pathological
>because it seems people hate everything you like, you learn to pace things just right, so that you hate them almost before you even really like them
>time becomes telescopic. you lucidly relate to yourself as a young girl and vividly anticipate yourself as an older woman. you're optimistic, maybe for years. you begin to feel the flutters of something maternal, somewhere near your liver
>you find a man you can see yourself being with, really being with. you tell your friends you might get married. he fucks another woman. you're still young, but she's younger
>you date someone else. you have a pregnancy scare, but you kill it. you don't tell him. you break up with him because of it, but you tell him it's because you are studying abroad and can't do the distance
>you date someone else. you're tired. he reminds you of a boy you used to like, which you guess is enough for you now. you get pregnant
>you have his kid, or two of them. he gets a vasectomy. he tests it out on his coworker. you stay together, for the kids
>now that you have children, you can't seem to recall that you ever were one yourself. you make all the wrong choices. they tell you they hate you. they suck up to their pervert father. you tell yourself it's okay, that as long as you keep them alive, you're doing okay
>it's your birthday. you are older than your mother was when she had you
>you start rolling your eyes and yelling at grocery clerks. you can feel yourself going insane, but you also feel girlishly helpless. you don't recognize your face in the mirror or your hands in front of your face. you are tired, so tired
>your mother dies. you can finally articulate what you meant to say to her this whole time. you mouth "sorry" as you cry silently, in the bed where you made your children. you are not sure who you are apologizing to
>your daughter has children of her own. you believe, inexplicably, that everything will turn out okay for her
>you die. at your funeral, strangers gossip about the intensity of your blush

jesus man. im gonna go to bed now

Girls are mentally incompetent. I've spent a lot of time around 13-16 years old, and they really choose the obviously dumb and damaging path 99 times out of 10 being fully aware of the outcome, and having good alternatives laid out and explained to them. For example the "abandon your true character" idea is so retarded to a me, and to every other man I've talked to about it. It makes no sense. You are yourself, most people like you, some people don't. Men: Fuck those people, you're doing fine. Girl: I must transform myself into a shallow imitation of what I perceive as an average female personality, alienating everyone who truly likes me, in order to somewhat reduce the number of people who hate me for no good reason, sacrificing all my relationships and the chance of ever making a meaningful connection with anyone ever again.

There's something very, very wrong with their brains. Virtually all their problems are caused by their own cognitive disability.

Holy shit

>For example the "abandon your true character" idea

Wait is this actually a thing? Does it have an actual term?

I uh...

(you)

Best post on Veeky Forums in my fucking time on the site. Well done.

you are so boring. yes, normalizing tendencies are sad and stupid, but humans are koinophilic. we rely highly on the assumption of mutual experience to cultivate comfort and safety. deviations from normalcy are not only unattractive, they are scary. and the idea of scaring people-or, extrapolating, of being cast out from the group-is utterly horrifying from the female perspective.

the reality of femininity is that women are weak; not as a flaw, but as an immutable biological fact. their survival, the continuance of their physical self, is contingent on their attachment to the group, because they rely on others for help. so the idea of female self-erasure, of abandonment of the "true self" in pursuit of acceptance by the group, is absurd. it doesn't make any sense. because womanhood predicates on acceptance. women exist only in relation to each other. and there is no value to be assigned to it. it isn't a bad thing.

you can be a misogynist and still be interesting. you should try harder.

You must be 18 years old to post here. At least stay on /pol/ where the other ebin edgy children are until then.

Damn

feet or GTFO

Kristen Lavransdatter does that, very realistically.

That's so goddamn depressing.

"she pays the debt of life not by what she does, but by what she suffers"

it was interesting up until the point where it just becomes a sad saga of poor life choices and implicit misandry

this must be bait or you have just never read lolita? she's a not a woman and that's like the entire point of it man. she's just a little girl that ends up sexually retarded. it never shows anything from her point of view either. humbert likes to excuse himself with notions of her sexual precociousness, but she never really understands what any of it means and ends up a shell of a girl.

I just looked up lolita and apparently the girl is 12? I thought she would be like 6 or something. There's nothing wrong with a relationship with a 12 year old.

Lolita was a sexual weirdo before she met him. She had had sex regularly at 12 years old.

She had sex for the first time in camp, before he picked her up and afterwards molested her, but after they met.

Didn't she fuck that kid she hangs out with while he lives with them?

10/10 This guy/girl gets it. There is a lot of mutability in young females, where boys might instead fight or argue. Men have better outcomes while competing, and women do when working as a group. Women are better at navigating and manipulating through social dynamics and part of being better at it means not ostracizing themselves.

Hmm, possibly? It's been a while. Can you find the excerpt?

No, it's been a while too and I think it was only mentioned in passing much later in the book.

Please read the book this is so so embarrassing, do you think every scholars interpretation of it is that much off the mark? It's also told from the pov of a very untrustworthy narrator that spends lot of time trying to justify what he's doing, and drives himself crazy with it. He's also supposed to be her father figure.

>i was just pretending to be retarded!

Memeing

Yea nothing wrong with a grown man, supposed father figure, running away with and trying to sexually possess and control a 12 year old girl when her mother dies. That girl totally has a chance of growing up to be a well adjusted. No different than her experimenting and discovering her sexuality with kids her own age at all. Hopefully she doesn't get pregnant since historically the maternal mortality rate for mothers that young has been so high.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Hey! Your li'l rinse wash repeat 'brickbat'? (You) can thrust that up your mother's 'arse', retard. Back to /pol/

>you tell your friends you might get married.
Nope. Maybe 50 years ago.

Am I autistic or just not used to the phrasing here? I get the suppression of authentic self going on as a girl in order to fit in, and though I don't know why it becomes so pervasive I guess there are extreme cases where an individual's environment expects them to be totally inauthentic like a la Victorian England. I also understand the idle fantasizing about the distant future, that's often the only thing children can do in hopeless situations.

Beyond that though what is honestly going on with this woman? is she just incredibly unlucky with men or does her depression make all of her mates want to fuck someone more feminine? Why does she kill her baby the first time but passively accept bearing children the third time? Why does she care so much about being older than her mother on her birthday (ptsd from getting cheated on the first time?)? Why is she sorry towards her mother when she dies (i really don't get this)? and why do people gossip about the intensity of her blush?

I have answers for most of these questions but they don't really satisfy me because I still don't understand all the (you)s saying this punched them in the gut. Forgive me if I'm ruining the atmosphere but I had a miserable childhood too and want to know why this female never seemed to have developed a sense of humor or any sort of self awareness that could've helped her make her way out of her misery, at least partially.

I'm not trying to patronize either, though the last line might make it seem that way. I figure that if I can't understand her intuitively, I can try to dissect her brain a little bit and reach at least a mechanical understanding. Maybe that's disrespectful too but I genuinely want to know what is making people have such strong reactions to this post.

good stuff

>People cheat on you
>People call you pretty
>Sad because everyone you want to date dates you
>You get older and die and people don't care about you much afterwards
>Depressing female existence

>People cheat on you
>People call you ugly
>Sad because no one you want to date dates you
>You get older and die and people don't care about you much afterwards
>Privileged male existence

As a catch all for every womans experience,particuarly now with more and more people remaining single meh

But as a glimpse into the average life of your average American woman circa. 1950-2010 pretty fucking true and horrifying

you a bird or bloke, user?

Who's she? I have a student that look just like her but much yonger

Alice in wonderland. you cant get it in a better way.

Looks*

keep in mind that this is a distillation of an entire life into a few scant lines. some things aren't present. and it, like the post to which it is a response, illustrates the trials of a life and not the joys of it.

but assuming you realized both of these facts, on your own, i think your skepticism is as simple as a lack of earnest life experience with women. for instance: having two men cheat on you over the course of your life is not 'unlucky'. if anything, it's way below average. and men do far worse things than cheat, but the post is intentionally general so it doesn't include specific trauma. and the girls her men cheated with were not more feminine than her. men do callous and evil things most often for the sake of novelty, not for personal enrichment

two different pregnancies by two different men at two different times in your life will eventuate two different strategies, this part seems obvious. women have a disorienting relationship with aging and maturity because they are valued for their netoeny. surpassing the age at which your mother had you is a benchmark for your own mortality, or a confirmation that you have grown out of your extrafamilial value

she isn't sorry toward her mother, at least not explicitly. it says exactly as much: "you are not sure who you are apologizing to." she could have been a better daughter and she could have been a better mother and a better wife and a better person. maybe she is sorry for her mother, or her kids, or her husband, or herself. maybe it is that she did wrong by them or just that she could have done better. it really doesn't matter

she isn't depressed....she doesn't have ptsd...she isn't mentally ill. she is just a normal person. that's the point. there is a deep sadness endemic to the female experience

i could not be less interested in the awful life that you undoubtedly deserve

The funny thing is that women actually think that this is an awful life. I'd kill for such an existence and I know quite a few who would, also.

I'd consider this "making it" and she didn't have to do anything for it.

This was good up to you describing the finding a man part. Then it felt like issues of a certain pathological normie slut.

Muck are you a guy or grill? Just interested. This isn't the first time you've conversed on women and I'm sure I remember you explicitly saying women suffer more than men.

I was wondering why so many women cut themselves, and then I found the answer:

>Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Songs of bilitis - Pierre Louys