Talmud

How the Hell do I read this thing?
This has to be the biggest brainlet filter I've encountered in my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

sefaria.org/texts/Talmud?lang=bi
halakhah.com/
rense.com/general21/tal.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Learn Aramaic

Why read it?

Unless you're training to be a rabbi, you don't. Nobody reads the whole thing anyway, it's a reference work.

Why are you interested in it? Maybe that will help with suggestions for reading.

Try swinging a chicken above your head to get in the mood

>go to the bookstore
>three bookcases full of Bibles
>couple of translations of the Koran
>no Torah let alone the Talmud
>Judaica section is just Holocaust memorials

Do you even have the PHENOTYPE?

Why not just buy a bible?

Then you get Christian commentary, and a Christian translator, and that's just the Torah anyway.
Unless you know a Bible that includes the Talmud.

You really don't want to get into all those Judaical texts anyway. There is literally infinite amounts of it. The Old Testament, while necessary is ENOUGH in my opinion.

Just make sure the Bible you buy has Esther in it ;)

Great book

Can you find 'whoever saves one life saves the world entire' for me?

See, THIS is why The Koran is better than the Talmud.

>boiled in hot semen

Just read "Judaism Discovered - A Study of the Anti-Biblical Religion of Racism, Self-Worship, Superstition and Deceit" by Michael Hoffman, it's very detailed and exhaustively examines the oral tradition in 1100 pages or so.

t. Michael Hoffman

Why the fuck do people trust the masoretic texts again? Kikes have hated Christians since their inception.

Kikes hate everyone.

as a hebrew i keked

>as a hebrew
Why are you here?

this what a stupid thread, OP

Totally agree. You stupid goyim shouldn't be reading our books that talk about attacking and enslaving you, boiling people in semen, and sucking baby dicks.

Tell me brother Yishmal do the Goyim still read books? I thought we put a stop to that with video games, youtube, and various attention-shortening subversions?

shadilay brother, our anti-JIDF work must be done!

>d-don't read the plans of our ethno-religion, goyim

In all seriousness though I don't see discouragement of reading any other religious text, why shouldn't one read it if one is interested in religion?

Just doing what little I can to destroy Western civilization from within. I know it's not not a very big part but as Rabbi Fatblood Goldsnatcher says the bridge to tomorrow is made of a million tiny grains!

Because jews know it speeds up the process of whites realizing how mentally sick jews are and how they really view the world as well as us.

why not

there are lots of english translation see steinsaltz talmud; a lot of people, both non-rabbi and non-jews, read the talmud. if you want great philosophy based on the talmud, see Levinas

>the old testament

Should get a proper translation of the Tanach, not the abridged extended Christian version of our desert wizard ancestors' masterpiece

but the Bible is half Jewish

>In the Jewish “Old Testament,” the book of divine justice, there are men, things, and speeches of such impressive style that the world of Greek and Indian literature has nothing to place beside them. If we stand with fear and reverence before these tremendous remnants of what human beings once were, we will in the process suffer melancholy thoughts about old Asia and its protruding peninsula of Europe, which, in contrast to Asia, wants to represent the “progress of man.” Naturally, whoever is, in himself, only a weak, tame domestic animal and who knows only the needs of domestic animals (like our educated people nowadays, including the Christians of “educated” Christianity), among these ruins such a man finds nothing astonishing or even anything to be sad about—-a taste for the Old Testament is a touchstone with respect to “great” and “small”—- perhaps he finds the New Testament, that book of grace, still preferable to his heart (in it there is a good deal of the really tender stifling smell of over-pious and small-souled people). To have glued together this New Testament, a sort of rococo of taste in all respects, with the Old Testament into one book, the book, the Bible – that is perhaps the greatest act of audacity and “sin against the spirit” which literary Europe has on its conscience

You're all jealous goyim :^)

obvious bait, you im/pol/ite motherfucker

You guys have such a monolithic belief in "da jooz" as these evil schemers that you think they single-handedly invented video games and shit like that, rather than video games being a natural outgrowth of the discovery and implementation of previous technologies, combined with economic incentives to be a producer of entertainment rather than a consumer of entertainment

it's human nature that's behind all this

I always felt the Old Testament belonged to generations of old-blood. In the same vein as the Greeks and Babylonian's writing where cruelity, suffering, and war are the heart-beats of the universe. None of the softness of Christianity or Buddhism.

Pretty much anything prolific, successful, and vastly complicated that in anyway harms the white race is probably from the Jews. My hunch is they invented war itself.

Yep. Literally a 3000 year old tradition of "we are God's chosen people so eat shit everyone else WAIT why do you not like us why are we being persecuted this is not faaaair"

Imagine if the guy next to you in class refused to do homework with you and refused to talk to you because he decided he was superior to you. You would be annoyed and probably end up hating him, and would likely dick him over whenever you got the chance to pay him back for being an insufferable cunt. And then he would cry to the TA that you were picking on him and you would get in trouble while he smirked behind the TA's back.

That's basically the story of Jewish """oppression."""

upvote

Imagine that guy in class who wants to bully you because you won't do his homework for him. Instead of crying to the TA, you kick him in the nuts. Then you genocide his whole family and steal his house. That is closer to the old testament.

Is the jewish version better?

You should actually read those. The consensus is that we're not sure if the person they refer to is Jesus or if they even refer to semen and shit

>the consensus is that we have no idea what they're talking about or what they're predicating of whatever they may or may not be talking about

wow so enlightening, i'll be sure to pick up a copy right away

Talmudic learning consists of 20+ volumes on interpretation of the Old Testament/Chumash mainly. Some of my rabbis still haven’t finished it. Plus there’s basically no point reading a translation as it’s very postmodern in its approach i.e learn Aramaic.

If you are actually interested in it then you join a yeshiva/Jew school. They’ll start you off learning in groups and one on one with Rabbis until you’re comfortable by yourself

Pretty much. Both G-d and the Israelites in the Old Testament are hardcore mofo.

>unironically using the k-word on an intelligent board

t. pre-Roman era jew

Good job beating the fucking canaanites or whomever lmao

fuck off to /pol/, all knowledge is worth studying especially the foundational texts of religions that million subscribe to

Serious question, is the talmud worth reading for a non-jew in comparison with the pentateuch? Does one replace the other, or is the talmud an extension or a commentary on the pentateuch? Or is the talmud like the jewish version of the hadiths?

good point, heebs don't deserve hard consonants.

Sure. Its packed with some great parables that Jews have learned from for thousands of years.
Here's just a few points it made in depth that I highlighted in mine that I unironically found insightful:
>The Jew who has no wife and no property is no man for the Earth was given to man for him to walk freely upon
>commit a sin twice and it will no longer feel like a sin
>one thing obtained with difficulty is worth a thousand things obtained with ease
>Hospitality is an expression of the Divine for thy friend has a friendb and thy friend's friend has a friend
There's a lot more and much written about being a successful, respected (((merchant))) in the community. It's worth the read but not an easy one by any means.

>people pretend Jews are a real thing after the Bar Kokhba rebellion
You would think that the dominant power of the time blowing you the fuck out, destroying your temple and killing the retard you decided was the Messiah (instead of the actual son of God who you leter decided was boiling in cum in hell) would put an end to that nonsense.

The Talmud consists of two parts: the Mishnah (oral law) and the Gemara (commentary). The Mishnah is comparable to the hadiths and the Gemara is comparable to Islamic fiqh books.

Pretty interesting. Any edition of selections you'd recommend? I see the full text is thousands of pages long and I'd rather not jump into that.

>[Onkelos] called up Yeshu from the dead. [Onkelos] asked: Who is honored in that world? [Yeshu] replied: Israel. [Onkelos asked:] What about joining them? [Yeshu] replied: Seek their good. Do not seek their bad. Whoever touches them is as if he touched the pupil of his eye. [Onkelos] asked: What is your punishment? [Yeshu answered]: In boiling excrement. As the mast said: Whoever mocks the words of the sages is punished in boiling excrement.

B-but muh Judeo-Christian values!

Try actually reading it then

sefaria.org/texts/Talmud?lang=bi

>Dey hide it from da goyim!
Yeah, that's why they translate it into English. The Talmud is mostly tedious legal discussion, and it's 5,422 pages long. You don't see it in shops because it would take up a whole bookcase.

Everyman's Talmud or the Penguin Classics selection are good for the highlights.

>that's why they translate it into English
That's the only language most kikes can read it in. They certainly aren't doing it for the rest of us.

>That's the only language most kikes can read it in. They certainly aren't doing it for the rest of us.
Religious jews learn Hebrew and Aramaic. But yeah, they translate the Talmud and make it available for free for everyone because they want to hide it, good one.

(((Human Nature)))

The key is to read an interpretation. Dive into the volumes themselves and you'll drown.

Oy vey schlomo you kike shill!!! Don't you know that the Jews control human nature? They invented biology!

You're a kike aren't you? I can tell by your blatant attempt to deceive. No one said they're trying to "hide" it, just that they discourage non-kikes from reading it like a couple kikes itt have. Even most religious kikes can only read it in English, etc., and that's the primary reason.

Kikes invented the internet in order to spread disinformation about the Talmud.

>still using the electric jew
>not communicating through clay tablets like a proud Aryan!

Not an argument. Humans are infinitely manipulable especially if you start from birth. Nice try schlomo.

Just wondering, do you criticize Christianity in the same way?
How is that different from Christians who think that whoever is not a part of their religion will burn in hell? Because a non-Jew is able to convert to Judaism and join the Jewish people. He will have to put effort and study and not just take a bath, but it's possible. The difference maybe is that Jews didn't persecuted people on a colossal scale like Christians.

This kikish attempt at sarcasm isn't effective. You should stop posting here and go back to the desert.

>Jews didn't persecuted people on a colossal scale like Christians.
Have you read jewish religious texts and do you know what most jewish "holidays" represent? Jews are historical slavers who've committed more genocides than any other group. Jews killed 66 million Russians just last century.

Every society more than 300 years old is a "historical slaver".

>Jews killed 66 million Russians just last century.
We did? That's news to me. That's definitely worth a holiday! Hmm we'll put it right between the holiday where we desecrate the euchrist and the one with all the child actors.

You just pulled the "most jews only read it in English" from nowhere. Religious jews learn the languages important for their religion. And implying that it's evil jew knowledge that they don't want the goyim to read is shown wrong by the fact that the whole thing is available in the world's most-spoken language for free for anyone to read at any time. There's a Penguin Classics book of Talmud translations made by a jew, so obviously they don't want a wider audience to read it!

Please, if you're that wound up about it, just go to the link I posted and start reading. Here's another free translation if you'd like:

halakhah.com/

>You just pulled the "most jews only read it in English" from nowhere. Religious jews...

Notice the kikery above. Of course most jews read it in English, and it's no surprise that there are translations that downplay the sickness and sadism present in the talmud. No one is saying that there is an attempt to hide it since it's far too late, but that jews will deceive/jew by telling whites it's a waste of time or pointing to less perverted translations that minimize the parts about how it's okay to fuck children and how all non-jews were made to be the slaves of jews.

Since you're the expert, which translation do you use that's "more perverted"?

Also, your image is quoting some random midrash, not the Talmud.

Sorry, been a while since I dug into your demonic holy books until I could no longer stomach anymore of the cultural teachings that have made your people so sick. Here are a few more though.

>-Jewish Children are Sub-Human

>Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

>Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah (filth) from birth.

>Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.

>Moed Kattan 17a: If a Jew is tempted to do evil he should go to a city where he is not known and do the evil there.

>Hitting a Jew is the same as hitting God

>Menahoth 43b-44a. A Jewish man is obligated to say the following prayer every day: "Thank you God for not making me a gentile, a woman or a slave

rense.com/general21/tal.htm

The basic gist is what matters. Jews memorizing and teaching these concepts to each other for centuries is why they are such a twisted race. Very disgusting people that have been indoctrinated into what is essentially a genocidal cult that deifies itself.

but a quick google search will prove that most of these quotes are fake

So some random guy who posts single sentence paraphrases of things in the Talmud and this is posted on a conspiracy theorist's personal website, and you consider this the best translation? I mean just look at www.rense.com, does it look like a good source of information? You think pic related is a reliable source?

>Everything a jew says is wrong which is why I'm going to read the Talmud and find out their evil agenda

are all white people this retarded lol

not an argument

Unironically start with the Mishnah. Pirkei avot is the easiest way to get into the style of rabbinic literature.

Talmud is rabbi imageboard full of 2 millenia of shitposting

Time is not on your side, shlomos.

>Protestant ignorace
mmkay cool opinion, please attempt to connect them if you aren't being ironic

Revenge fanfiction
Literally the Inglorious Basterds of religious thought.

Wow rude

Sefer Yetzirah
Bahir
Zohar

>muh orientalism
>muh cattle
>muh strength
Is Nietzsche the most shallow philosopher?

Honestly a lot of the Talmud is outdated. There's an entire chapter about how to poisen the wells and denourish a food supply. That's completly pointless in a 21st century worlds; especially when all the smart Goys have their water filters and super male vitality.

The chapter that deals with corrupting the youth still holds up to this day though!

My GF started reading it to get a better understanding of my culture, and her theory prof, a jew, asked "why the fuck are you reading that thing?"

You have to go in understanding it's the Wikipedia editing history page but for the entire Torah. It's also one of the earliest texts to play with sign and signifier, so you can read it for interesting discussion of poetics or just laugh at Rabbi from across millennia arguing with each other.

Honestly? It's a lot like TES historians.

>my culture
Please stop posting here.

The thread began with a question of how to read the Talmud, so I gave an explanation of the book as a collection of theologians arguing everything about Jews for 2 millennia. Are you just upset my girlfriend is thin and blonde and happy to genuinely understand a perspective beyond hers?

Don't flatter yourself. Your input is noted, but this is a white/European culture board, so I asked you nicely to not post here anymore.

Fuck off back /pol/

I didn't realize Moot was white or Christian but like the Germans of Weimar you can try claiming this hodge podge of a website as white culture. Lemme know when you're paid to write about literature and you can post your degree and maybe I'll tell you then you wanted your life lmao.

How original.

>website
Board.

I've got news for you bub. Jews are white and European....probably more than you.

I didn't realize a gay kid who's never read a book could articulate and proximate literature within whiteness or European culture. Bet you've never rubbed a clit or prostate other than your own have you boipussy? Guess the Jewish menace is so threatened by you acting like lower class trailer trash online they're gonna come fist your dad watch out!!!

Ahahah I'm just joking bro but really don't be a fag just read books. They're not yours or mine, what are you a toddler? Either the Talmud is literature and belongs in discussion or you're just upset people are discussing ooga booga kike scribbles. At least watch a movie made by a Jew other than a Seth Rogan film.

Uh no, champ.

You sound like a sick fuck. Grow up, but do it elsewhere.

Where do you think we are newfag?

We are on a white/European culture board.

No we aren't

/leftypoldiscord/