Hahahaha did you get it guys?

Hahahaha did you get it guys?
Gosh, someone has to stop this man.

I don't know exactly what you're referencing, but I'll tell you this, I am triggered out of this world that there are no quotation marks

I thought I was the only one.

I'm refering to the "that's what she said joke". Yeah, that's the way he writes.
Weird.

That's worser than youngaydult shit

Cormac is such a faggot

GOD FORBID you use proper fucking punctuation to make your shit readable.

fuck this asshole and every twat that claims hes the second coming of christ

McCarthy is very readable. Lord knows what you would think of something like J R.

The Motteux translation of Don Quixote has almost or perhaps no quotations whatsoever. Step your game up pleb

Try reading The Road some time.

What's the problem? That's something people say. The two people talking aren't exactly sophisticated.

Haha, no quotation marks! How contrarian! That will show those conformists!

There is not a problem. It's a joke user.

If this part didn't make you smile on your readthrough you're dead inside

King James Bible also has no quotation marks.

The lack of quotation marks always made McCarthy's work feel religious or mythic to me. Like I was reading a text that always existed and wasn't actually written by one man. Hard to explain but please stop bullying him.

dont worry, they are idiots who want to feel any power at all by criticizing something (there is no other source for them, they deserve our pity)

Cry more faggot. I'll tell you what my teacher told me in highschool "when you get famous, you get to make the punctuation rules."

>She opened one of the packs of cigarettes and took one and lit it with a lighter.
Outstanding writer. Really the greatest author of our times. Astonishing mastery of language.

I don't get

>and and and

>my high school english teacher
Kek

if I remember correctly, that line was cut in the film so
the Coen's agreed, it was inapt
one of my favorite sequences tho

But his shit is readable. All of his works are completely readable. If you're having problems with McCormac of all writers, you need to leave Veeky Forums.

Of course he's a master of language, he conveyed exactly what was happening with all that needed to be said. You don't need to fancy-up a bunch of words into near incomprehensibility just to keep it inaccessible to the majority. That's a bourgeoisie construct. Everyone deserves to take part in cultural artifacts. Stop being an elitist, it doesn't make you or the book any better.

Make sure to swallow, faggot. McCarthy sucks.

I don't even like him much but to imply that he's not readable is absurd. It's all written with such a simplicity that there's no way you'd get lost or confused.

>That's a bourgeoisie construct
Oh good, you're both idiots.

>McCarthy is hard to read
You have to go back.

When will Veeky Forums realize that any author who implements a synonym in place of a common word is not almost worth reading?

>cant read Mcarthy. one of the most readable of the meme authors

Fucking Brainlet City up in this bitch.

I almost bought my first McCarthy book last month when I stopped by a bookstore in a new city, about to go to the airport to fly home. I can't even remember what book it was, but I skimmed it and saw OP's pic and put it down.

>not almost

All the contractions have an apostrophe except "dont;" what exactly does its exclusion add?

You dont even want to know.

What's his best work? I've read The Road, but i didn't really like it.

His best work is The Orchard Keeper.

>hes the second coming of christ
no, faulkner or melville maybe.