Favorite alt lit writer? And now that the movement is pretty much officially over, with Tao moving on...

Favorite alt lit writer? And now that the movement is pretty much officially over, with Tao moving on, who's the official canon? Who are the heirs? (I would tentatively say New York Tryant.)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytyrant.com
ew.com/books/2018/01/09/tao-lin-trip-excerpt-cover/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

for the love of god, delete this absolute shit-thread

Stop being such a fucking snob. Being cultured is about finding niche things that excite your tastes more than anything else, not by beating yourself into appreciating everything on a top 100 list. I happen to like alt lit. I also like a lot of other things.

Get the fuck out Tao

I think you'd like my diary desu if you consider old white males writing in traditional forms to provide a comfy aesthetic using plot, prose (to the best of my ability), and universal themes to try and give my own personal insight and perspective that will be relatively easy for my future audience to digest and understand what it's like living in our modern era to be alt lit.

Wtf is NY Tryant?

nytyrant.com

Pretty good contemporary small press. If you like James Purdy, O'Hara, that kind of thing, or and of the Lish people, you'll like it.

move your thread where it deserves to stay

tao had one good book and everything else he wrote was objectively dogshit

any "movement" represented by tao lin must be absolute garbage.

Why are you guys lashing out? Do you really need to feel better than something that badly.

I think they are annoyed/angered by the state of literature.

It's true. I am. Because of the rise of alt lit.

Alt lit is a fringe movement.

You should be worried about midcult, what's winning the pulitzers, not a weird side-show.

hey Tao, do you have nothing else to do than browsing Veeky Forums today? I thought you were quite a star

I bet you look like this op

I'm not even sure it can be called a movement.
The problem with alt-lit is that it doesn't seem counter culture but instead pushing what's being pushed in midcult even further along. Not to mention what little I have read hasn't been impressive skill-wise.

But the "further along" is what distinguishes it from midcult. Its schools of thought and webs of influence have a lot of relation to 80s minamalism, which is very much not midcult because it intentionally frusterates a lot of midcult desires, things like the desire for coherence, sentimentality, etc. Just being "relatable" doesn't make it midcult. It's what is done with that relatability.

If your 'alt' anything isn't gaining traction even here then you need to rethink what you're doing.

What do you mean by Tao moving on?

Look into more recent interviews with Tao Lin, particularly surrounding his new book Trip. Tao's been doing a ton of research (and also hallucinogenics) and has sort of transformed himself from an emotionally dissociated person to an embarassingly sincere Terrence McKenna/Doors of Perception type. It will be interesting to see how he applies this to his older material.

Basically, It's pretty clear he's moving away from his old values and new aesthetics are probably going to emerge with that.

ew.com/books/2018/01/09/tao-lin-trip-excerpt-cover/

Check out the excerpt and see how different it is.

Can someone post all of op girls nudes plz

Sam Pink is really good.

Such a fucking good album

This actually seems pretty interesting, tao is trying to be the hunter s thompson of the autism generation