How in the hell did "I" end up in this body?

Nobody asked for my permission to lock me up into this bodily prison, with these thoughts?

Also, I am certain to expire in a near future but this machine of mine could easily shut itself off at any given moment and it could hurt "me" and those around "me".

I am filled with all these feels, which I did not ask for. My conditions are firmly set through genetic, biological, cultural and environmental appropriations.

Whats to say this couldn't happen again after I die? Whats to say this hasn't happened to "me" before? How the fuck did "I" or whoever this "I" am end up in this body of mine? Where was "I" before I was planted into this sentient being?

I did not approve of this! Is this some sick joke? Who is responsible for this stomach-turning cruelty of a grand design?

What makes you so sure ”you” and your body are separate things?

This life-force if you will, it feels and acts separately. Even if I were to agree with you that it wasn't, what difference would it make? One is still force into a cage within time and space.

>Whats to say this couldn't happen again after I die?

I think it will. I'm becoming more and more convinced that after we die we will be thrust into another phenomenal experiencd yet again.

So I normally wouldn't say this, but read Dennett. You're enough of a pseud that his work on consciousness will be understandable and help you

you chose the corpse you could best carry around and try to trim it to something useful and you are surprised when someone else carries it home in the end? ha! i approve of this sick joke.

>what difference would it make
It’d remove the possibility of reincarnation for one. And you could look into biology to better understand ”yourself.”

It doesn't really remove reincarnation from the picture. He would be some combination of finite elements which may as well eventually repeat. From his perspective, not experiencing the interim of one-off combinations like the vague existence as a toddler, basically amounts to immediate incarnation.

Unless there is some reason to suspect that this biology is of some form that can never occur again. While unlikely, it doesn't necessarily seem impossible. Most of the reincarnation fags who pose this argument imagine that the combination elements of the whole universe occurs by our next incarnation and we live the same life over and over again.

>baby's first existential crisis

Baby's first bad trip

Adults first condescend

>baby's first ideas being dismissed

The things OP is talking about are some of the most important things to be discussed but because of social signalling and regulatory mechanisms they won't be outside of niche philosophy. Oh well.

how could it be another way? It is a metaphor for the law of identity. If it is wanted that rocks, and mountains and rivers exist: 'something exactly' has to be and represent them: if it is wanted for entities to exist: something has to be them: just as every person happens to be born what they are; just as this rock is this rock and that rock is that rock, a person comes into existence, and they are aware they are the living rock they are. Its all the same substance, we are all one bro, we are just responsible for our bodies, our individuality is the struggle of our existence, the recognition of our identity, of being the exact thing we are, but really there is only nature being itself.

>Nobody asked for my permission to lock me up into this bodily prison
"you" weren't a thing before then. it's impossible to ask nothing for permission.
also, if you hate life that much just kill yourself desu

Don't be a pathetic person who goes around telling others to kill themselves. That's frankly a very disgusting trait. I am asking a philosophical question. This has nothing to do with hating life. Just because pol uses it as a way of bullying insecure people does not mean you can throw that around everywhere. You need to pay more attention to what you write. Very sad and condescending behavior indeed.

Who are you? Have you thought about that?

>mind-body dualism
brainlets abound

what is there to complain about, if I was as much of a perfect pussy as you I would just go fuck myself non stop this is purely a joke made possible by the nature of words and ideas solely for the sake of humor, aka, just kidding friendo, hope you understand

>if I was as much of a perfect pussy as you I would just go fuck myself non stop
kek

You didn't. You are "this body".

what a remarkable post

You should read The View from Nowhere by Thomas Nagel.

It explains how since we can view the world either subjectively or objectively, we can ask weird questions like "Why am I me?".

As a dreamer who dreams, the cells in which we are locked comprise us, so I am confused by what you're upset over. You say you're locked in, but "you" are not separate from the body in any way. It is so easy to associate the mind with a plane of existence that is not cohesive with the physical representation we use to experience the plane to begin with.

Let me try to rephrase. You are not a conduit, but a whole message of yourself. The more you struggle with your "prison" conceptually, the more you will feel this way, as you are struggling against the impossible, it will become more and more glaring, more and more difficult to handle. Eventually you won't want to live any longer. I would say you probably should just enjoy the ride in this vehicle and adopt a temporary optimism, at the very least. What other choice do you have, what with it being such an affront to suggest you commit suicide? Obviously you have some will to live in this prison. Regardless, you could try astral projection and never come back to your body if you're just such a person.

>you could try astral projection and never come back to your body if you're just such a person.

But how an he do that if the mind/soul isn't separated from the body?

when you die you will be sucked up to Gods Force of Bureaucrats, who will go over all your achievements, rights and wrongs, theories, strengths and weaknesses and skills, and discuss the various plans and packages you qualify for the next Dimensional Plane of Planets, all new souls are birthed into 'intelligent species' as the most appropriate test to see where they may next deserve to be incarnated into.

it was just a proposal. I don't believe in such things, but it mit be real if he believes in it enough. sounds naive, but i just look at it in the sense that if it can work for him, then he should pursue it. I personally think that a greater union of mind and body is the key to ending the existential problems he's having. merging and letting go of that sense of separation. but if he tends towards the other direction, who am i to stop his attempt at mental health?