Mfw I just found out you can order the entire Norton Critical Library for only 1,500 dollars

>mfw I just found out you can order the entire Norton Critical Library for only 1,500 dollars
It's about to be Veeky Forums senpai.

Is it worth it though?

I don't know.

How many books?

>not spending that money on land and guns

I fucking love Norton. Even if the translation they use isn't quite as good as another, the footnotes make up for it. I'm thinking of Brothers Karamazov, specifically.

Better than complete penguin classics for almost 8000 bucks

>$1500
>buy LAND my dude

Anna Karenina
Moby Dick
Bulgakov

>paying money for books
>is it worth it

Answered your own question

There are places where you can buy land for 1-2 euros per square meter. It's even cheaper if you're willing to go to Africa. You can probably just claim land over there, which means that you just spend everything on guns.

Norton Critical editions aren't very reader-friendly. Text is too small, and you shouldn't really be concerning yourself with all the academic footnotes on a first readthrough

this
How may OP?

On a related and more general note, has anyone here ever bought an "instant library" book collection of any kind, such as Everyman Library, Harvard Classics, the Penguin set etc.? Was it worth it? Have you actually read a significant portion of the material? Did it get you laid?

That's still only 3-4 decent guns at best though

$1500 is 10% of $15000. That's a down payment on a couple acres in the desert somewhere.

link asap

Not OP, but here you fellas go. It isn't a bad deal, honestly.

What did he mean by this?

That's a good deal

>mfw I found out that a hand painted copy of the voynich manuscript is available, but it costs ~2000$

If you actually, realistically, are going to read every single one of those books and can't/won't borrow any of them from a library, nor download/torrent them, it's a good deal.

IMO you'd be better off buying a kindle (paperwhite) and just torrenting the books.

This right here.

>*shipping, handling, and tax not included
prepare to spend another 800 dollars

I spend like 700 a year on books probably (50 a year) so this isnt crazy

>tfw you find out a first edition of Boswell’s Life of Johnson costs 15 000

I spend about 150 EUR on books a month