What is the bleakest, most fatalistic, humanity hating non-fiction book you have ever read?

What is the bleakest, most fatalistic, humanity hating non-fiction book you have ever read?

PROABABYL THE BILBE OR MY DIARE DESU

noice

The ledger kept underneath the loose hearthstone resting beneath my fireplace.

industrial society and its future

NOICE

Die Welt als Wille und Vorstellung

Ligotti in general. To be fair I dropped it a couple chapters in for being pointless i.e. The Conspiracy Against the Human Race most recently.

The problem with pessimism is that value judgements can ultimately be reduced to emotion, people do not *decide* if things are shit or not, they just *feel* it. You can present factoids and edgy musings about how the human condition is actually grimdark to optimists by their very own logic all you want, but you're not going to accomplish anything. They don't care if concentration camps are really bad as long as sunshine and puppies can exist. So trying to explain this shit is like running into a church and yelling GOD DOESN'T REAL, nobody cares and you just look like a dumb asshole. Your sincerity is wasted. Pessimists can only preach to the choir, so I am not interested in reading pessimistic non-fiction. All the shit he lists and extrapolates on is just fluff, pure White Noise, I already know everything is shit so sod off with the specifics and keep your fedora to yourself.

Anyway you didn't ask for my review but it's Ligotti.

Anything by Cioran.

death of ivan ilyich

The Population Bomb

It’s clearly obvious you’ve never read anything by him

Ligotti is what you’re looking for OP. But read The Problem of Socrates in Nietzsche’s Twilight of the Idols instead. He BTFOs pessimists—you don’t want to live like that

pimp by iceberg slim

The Communist Manifesto

The Tunnel by old willie gass

Right on.

Skylark

These are all fiction

Your life is fiction

ah missed that

Ligotti obviously at that

Any book on "muh free will is a lie"

I read The Conspiracy Against the Human Race recently and was really let down by all the exaggerated reviews about losing the will to live and experiencing deep existential terror and so on. Ligotti just quotes Lovecraft and from “The Last Messiah” half the time and the other half is his own musings that are just underwhelming, sometimes edgelord tier, making all these quips about uncanny self-aware puppets. Him calling Christ a Frankenstein monster of other deities made me realize he’s really just a horror genre writer masquerading as a philosopher because he’s accepted all the good uncanny monsters of fiction have already been created so he’s tries to write non-fiction with the devices of a horror novel to invoke the feeling of terror that seems lost in this day and age...I don’t think he’s very good at it.

The part about Christ is true though, even if the author's bad

nice 2666 reference faggot

The only non-fiction book I've ever laughed my ass off at because of how stupid it is.

Might is Right

Satantango

The bleakest work does not hate humanity. The bleakest work loves it.

woah.... powerful...

wtf I love humanity now

>The part about Christ is true though
guess again my boy

Shieeeet

All bills or whatever they're called passed by the EU.