Backwards stacking

So, I just came upon an article where someone complained that their real-estate broker had turned all of his books around, so the title was facing the wall. Understandably, the writer of the article was mad about this.

But what do you guys think? Do you think it's a good and nice way to stack your books? The argument I hear is that you seldom re-read most of the books, so you'd get a uniform appearance for all your books that way.

one person doing something stupid doesn't make a "trend"

this
it's absolutely retarded. just because one guy slams his dick into a drawer for fun and profit doesn't mean that it's anything worth doing.

Would make it very difficult to find the book I want

>Uniform appearance
They still vary in height and paper colour.
In any case, I often pick up books I've already read and flip through them or look up certain passages.

I don't read my books anyway, so I may look into this.

Apparently more and more people are doing it, posting articles in magazines and on social media. Mostly women find it a good idea from what I can tell, whereas the majority of negative comments are from men.

Yes, but it's still more uniform than it is otherwise, which I guess is their point, judging by pic related.

The argument was made that few people re-read all of their books, mostly it's just a few that you read again.

How are people supposed to be impressed by my taste if they can’t tell what books I have on my shelf?

>Not transcribing all your books to text files on your computer and storing them on an external hard drive.

For anyone wondering about the purpose, it's for aesthetics, apparently some people prefer the more neutral white/cream of the paper over the usually random set of cover/dustsleeve covers. If you have unread books or read a book more than once, obviously it's ridiculous.

>not printing out your transcripts and plastering them all over your walls to remind you of your favourite passages.

The amount of books?

There's nothing less impressive than looking at someones collection and only noticing Nobel winners...

I guess if books are just display pieces for you then it makes sense.

this doesn't make any sense. If I saw this in real life at someone's house I'd feel like they were trying really hard to draw attention to the fact that they read lots of books since it's ridiculously unusual and I presume it would be striking. this isn't even worth getting mad over... it's just laughable.

I understand why the real-estate broker is doing this though, it is a nice look I guess.

>it is a nice look I guess
You probably think that the mongoloids are typically the first to be chosen at the orphanage.

You probably eat lead paint for breakfast.

why don't they just fill their shelves with paper then i dont get it

They are embarrassed about their shit taste

Absolutely this. I have to stack some books length ways because of space constraints and this almost annoys me.

This desu

>not nailing your favourite passages to the door of your local parish

Pinterest designer meme shit. RE brokers are always looking for a magic bullet to sell crap properties. This is just the most recent. Just like taking down personal photos and mementos, or painting the walls the current trendy color of the week. "We gotta do it to sell the house. bro! It's the only way!"

so it doesn't annoy you then. so what's the problem?

I line my books backwards because I'm overly self-conscious that when I have someone over they will think I want to show off how many books I own. There are a lot. I realize they just as easily might wonder what kind of pseud lines his books up backwards? I don't care. No one ever comes by. Lining them up backwards once you've read it is a good idea. I think I'll reorganize my shelves.

Godspeed, you madman!

>Women find it a good idea
Well color me shocked cotton.

Its retarded,

A) You can't tell which are which.
B) YES you should re-read your books
C) If you collect books they should follow an edition to at least loosely fit-together.

Its the equivalent of dying your shirt so that it's a complimentary color to your slacks instead of just buying the right shirt to begin with,

I could see doing it with books you've finished, that way your shelf can just look like one big to-do list.

>he doesn't re-read all his books day and night endlessly until death...

Excellent idea. shelving them with the spines to the wall would significantly reduce fading too.

>be me
>real estate broker With a new client
>getting house ready to show
>large bookshelf
>hundreds of anime shit, comics, game of thrones, Harry Potter, atheist books by Richard Dawkins, Lolita, Japanese Loli shit, video game guides, star wars the novel, etc.
>holy shit I hate fucking neck beards
>turn books around because holy fuck no one will buy this house if they realize it was a neck beard nest
>butt blasted numale neck beard goes on reddit and fucking bitches about muh literature
>mfw I was just trying to help him well his shitbox

Your beautiful stack of cream looks nicer than the spines facing me.

>went through the bookshelf and turned hundreds of books around and probably didn't turn them back
>didn't even tell the owner

I kind of like it. It's a good way of clearing up social ambiguity.
You know when you walk into someone's house for the first time and see a fully stacked bookshelf and you're not sure if they're an avid reader or just a pseud, using books for decoration? If you see this shit you know immediately it's the latter and you can skip the awkward conversation where you try to talk about books and it turns out they don't actually read.

I turn all my books with the spine facing the floor. Makes it look more compact and like I horde a shit ton of boos.

Or maybe they just don't want to show everyone how pretentious and obnoxious they are when people see that the only books he has are nobel prize winners.

Awwwkwaaarrrdddd.

>Mostly women find it a good idea from what I can tell
What the fuck is wrong with that gender? Seriously

>he does not download the books

stop posting the same thing, it's not clever

Retarded. Dust and yellowing.

>stacking books on the top of standing hardcovers
Whoever took that picture is fucking trash.

This. It's a stager's lame attempt to sell the house. Why are we even discussing this in a literature forum?