You can always tell a pleb from a patrician by who reads contemporary literature

>you can always tell a pleb from a patrician by who reads contemporary literature.
A pleb does not.

But you've got it backwards, my friend.

I'm not saying they read exclusively contemporary.

Contemporary fiction is for Jews feminists and cucks.

I have very very limited reading time.

Why the fuck would I waste it on some no name chuckefuck

>worried about being a pleb and reflecting his own insecurities into others

Do you retards seriously think no one read Ulysses or gravitys rainbow when it first came out LMAO

you’re right, litards don’t get it. normie millennials pleb only read contemporary best selling shit, the same way pleb literate only read canonical books. a true intellectual is aware of the present and seeks art in his surroundings without wating for some authority to deliberate which books are meritorious. he doesn’t wait for literature to become a meme after the decision of someone else.

I read what I want and fuck anyone who disagrees with me.

what about my diary desu?

the only contemporary lit worth reading is on niche publishing houses like Dalkey, NYRB, New Directions, Seagull, City Lights, Archipelago

Oh this always fun, like what?

>the only contemporary lit worth reading is
HARUKI MURAKAMI

>Making rules for what you read instead of following your own intuition, then crying to Veeky Forums hoping they'll agree with you

Define "contemporary."

Books from current year. This year I read jerusalem(shit), 4321(good) and Lincoln in the bardo(best).

Most contemporary works are by women/people of color so that makes them garbage.

MMMMMmmmmmmMMMMM

It's guaranteed that someone is a pleb when they can't tell what contemporary lit is decent, so they only read classics.

This actually made me laugh.

Of fucking course it's the only white males short-listed for the Man Booker, plus fucking Jerusalem

And you think you're on the cutting edge of contemporary literature

Yes

Are books even needed anymore? At this point, is publishing a book an exercise in novelty and nostalgia? You could do literally anything else to make a bigger social impact than pretend your average lad reads a book.

t. Archaic LARPers

4321 is absolute shit. I agree that lincon in the bardo is good.

Paul Auster is getting senile and his hero, a representation of him, is a cookie-cutter mary sue. Also the writing is shit.

why are you false flagging this bad

>niche
None of those are niche, you retard

in the context of the overall publishing industry they are

i miss carli

No

If reading Veeky Forums shitposts is good enough for you, then I reckon so is contemporary fiction. You could have read a contemporary novel instead of making this shit thread wise guy ;^)

While there is a good message here, it's buried under sad conformity and insecurity. Maybe make an argument for it beyond "you're dumb if you don't" next time.

There’s good contemporary lit like 2666 and shit

what's it like to be void of taste user?

get out hypebeast

Contemporary to what? I like to read literature that is contemporary to the Regency of Louis XV.

I come here exclusively to call people retards and argue b/c I'm too afraid of conflict to do so irl, and even if I could nobody would get mad enough to call me a sperg over literature.

I guess it's just quintessential Veeky Forums to take a pre-approved list (Man Booker) for a topic they know nothing about, and mangle it so that it conforms with the opinions they've got elsewhere (purging of non-white & females, addition of books they've seen on Veeky Forums), to end up with a list that's absolutely useless.

>no wizards or ai

No thanks

Not op but 2666 was released like 10 years ago and I'd say that's contemporary.