Who are/were the best bisexual authors, besides pic related?

Who are/were the best bisexual authors, besides pic related?

Virginia Woolf

Melville wasn't bisexual, however.

The woman on the poc unironically

Unironically

yes he was, he had a relationship with Nathaniel Hawthorne as well as other men that are well-documented.

Djuana Barnes

Only the patricians know

He means he was a straight up homo

Why are you posting a whitewashed depiction of a famous black lesbian author

>with Nathaniel Hawthorne
They were friends and Melville admired him, yes. Viewing this as proof of homosexuality is more proof of the insecurity of the person saying so and cluelessness about male friendship.
>as well as other men that are well-documented
Such as...?

I really think a lot of what people call gay in Melville was just a deep longing for/appreciation of male bonding and friendship (especially due to his time whaling and sailing with what must have been manly men, to put it as simply as possible). A lot of people haven't experienced this in their life so they misconstrue it as sexual when it's really just more emotional/sentimental than we'd like to admit.

Male friendship is always gay

In a sense, yes. The same way that female friendships are often more unabashedly gay. I think looking at the sometimes exuberant and childish way friends act around each other as related to sex is, again, either proof of insecurity, or excessively trying to appropriate everything for homosexuality.

No I'm serious, I have no respect for any grown man who considers another male his "friend", its pathetic and effeminate

Well then congratulations, everyone's gay except for you

this is backwards and wrong

You're deluded if you think the modern concept of male friendship isn't just a recent consumerist invention.
Men have colleagues and fellow travelers. The idea of two men sharing an innate bond and not simply vicariously allied towards a shared goal is post war degeneracy

DH Lawrence?

Does dressing up your sadness and loneliness as masculinity really work? Asking for a friend

Its surprisingly effective actually, yes

Lawrence
Whitman
Maugham
Rimbaud
Verlaine
Mishima
Shakespeare
Hemingway (closeted)
All five good female authors
Burroughs
Cheever
Hawthorne
Melville
Vidal

>All five good female authors
Names?

He's already wrong because Charlotte Bronte loved cock like she loved oxygen

Not him but
Dickinson
Eliot
Woolfe
O'Connor
?

>O'Connor

Huh, citation needed

>O'Connor
No, she was Catholic
She looked great

lol

True. She barely had any sex sexual contact and had no lust at all. From her diaries, we know that her life was solely dedicated to her craft and her sacred faith.

Gertrude Stein
Ayn Rand
Author of Harry
Author of Twilight
Author of 50 shades
Clarice Lispector
Shelley
Emily
Author of to the lighthouse
Simone

Wow, look a intelligent and logical opinion.

Contemporaries are so decadent that they think any historical instance of male bonding is gay. Somehow homosociality gets conflated with homosexuality. Leftists are, surprisingly, even worse about this than others, what with claiming everything vaguely homosocial as queer history.

>homosocial

Gayest fucking shit I ever heard

Me
You should check out my upcoming release, 'My Diary, Desu'

Wasn't Rimbaud gay though? And I thought Mishima wasn't gay at all

>And I thought Mishima wasn't gay at all
Kidding right?
I don't know about Rimbaud though

So, hypothetically, if you saw a cute guy, and you thought to yourself "wow, I'm gay now," but then you realized it was just a girl who looked kinda like a guy, is that gay?

Shakespeare wasn't gay. Not one bit.

applies to Ayn Rand as well

Wrong

He and Verlaine had 'lived' together as lovers for a while.

Also all the greeks, unless you dont count boyfucking as gay.

This is why you have no friends user.

Yes...except for Aristotle and all the other playwrights who openly expressed homophobic opinions. Nicomachean Ethics isn't exactly pro-gay. Aristotle compares it to people who eat dirt or obsessively chew their finger nails. He theorizes that homosexuality is the result of child abuse.

Fucking boys and getting fucked was ridiculed in all the Greek comedies

This is another instance of what is talking about. Pederasty was not simply pedophilia. It was seen as vicious and depraved to take advantage of the lover/beloved relationship by having sex with the boy. Plato's Socrates is shown to be virtuous by keeping it Platonic with Alcibiades, as implied in the Symposium.

Nice bait, user. Good job.

>Rimbaud
>Verlaine
this.
>Wasn't Rimbaud gay though?
No, he had a wife and children.

Horace, Aleixandre... Proust I guess?

Umm Proust was a literal fag

So all of the stuff in ISOLT ain't even close to being autobiographical?

He was bi. He had relationships with women too.

MUUUUUUUH WHITE CIVILIZATION FUCKING NIGGERS

Yeah, no.
t. someone who is dedicating pretty much their life to Proust

Don‘t forget misgendered

Sad that you're wrong about a major aspect of the thing you're dedicating your life to.

but user, cather was a straight up lesbian

I’m not, but okay, bud. Let me know when you’ve read all his letters