People should unironically watch this

people should unironically watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=8PGSWaYlsLM&list=WL&index=23

People should be banned for posting this charlatan

>swills overpriced coffee
>gazes into distance
>"Books, man."

This guy would be stupid even for this board

5 seconds in, and he's already speaking like an annoying faggot.

And yet somehow he probably reads and writes more than 90% of the anons here.

I guess plagiarizing constitutes “writing” these days. Interesting, faggot

and so Montaigne, Schopenhauer, Martial, Plato, Nietzsche, Cicero and many more were right when saying writing and reading can only make a person that much better.

>I haven't even read any Joyce that I've enjoyed yet. I stopped because of the references.
>He didn't stick through it to realize it's not just about the references

His "great' advice: "It is impossible to get better at anything and to look cool at the same time." Man, just read, bros. Fuck.

Absolutely not, keep the pleb projection to yourself.

>>I haven't even read any Joyce that I've enjoyed yet. I stopped because of the references.
You should read Dubliners, user, really great book. A portrait is also a good inyro to Joyce, you probably started with Ullysses, didn't you?

He's published something? I haven't seen anything nor do I really care; just stating facts.

Definitely. I thought the thrust of what he said was simply: read shit whether its 'too complicated' or not so that you have a bearing of your own ignorance and can take steps to remedy it with the appropriate online sources.

Which I agree with. Having a full annotated copy of The Republic helped my grasp the full depth of it. The first time I read it I thought it was "okay" and now I would rank it within the top 10 greatest books written. Unironically.

>The Republic
I read that and couldn't make much out of i. Why would you consider it so good?

Go kill yourself, cliff

Hey friend, here on Veeky Forums most
>greentext
denotes a quote, keep that in mind next time

Where is that quote from, user?

It was a Cliff quote. I have a feeling he ripped off his opinion from Dr. Sadler.

But did he say that on a video or what?
I tried to google that and only lead to tjis thread
I can't believe anyone would dislike Joyce.

yeah he says that in a video

Not him but relative to the period it is incredibly structured, and there is just something very comfy and fulfilling about it. Just wait a couple years, my opinion on Plato changed a lot as I studied the field more

Well, but how are supossed to understand that?
He starts by an attempt to answer what is justice then proceeds to create his republic. Should it really be read as his idea for a perfect government?

>Should it really be read as his idea for a perfect government?
I haven't read much secondary work on it, but the way I saw it he was sketching the ideal Form of government, the structure of a human collective, that at times was a metaphor for the ideal way to structure the life of a human individual. I also just love classical Greece so any chance to experience even fabricated dialogues between aristocrats of that culture is lovely

>I also just love classical Greece so any chance to experience even fabricated dialogues between aristocrats of that culture is lovely
That's how I feel about most of my readings of Plato and Aristotle. The philosophy escapes me though