Leave this board and never return if:

>you read any form of genre fiction
>you barely know your classics
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
>you speak a single language
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
>you read for the plot
>you read for entertainment
>you rarely read nonfiction
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
>you don't have at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon
>you mostly read contemporary literature
>you believe 'the author is dead'
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
>your rarely read poetry
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight

Other urls found in this thread:

veekyforums.com/thread/10047234/literature/leave-this-board-and-never-return-if-any-one-of.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

does it count if I have a few years of French schooling and can speak on a basic level? I read Le Petit Prince in original french so that should count for something

But I like reading THEORY

I like the new Novalis

don't tell me what to do

LMAO
I don't even read, I look up books and authors on wikipedia, so that I can more convincingly shitpost and argue about them.

whats the point of your post OP? I've been enjoying myself on this board. i dont get it. you've literally added nothing. Trying to keep people out, who are you? you're a child. I bet you couldn't tell me what the sistine chapel smells like. Or what it feels like to hold your dying friend in arms in war. you lose, good day sir.

t. typical 20 something on Veeky Forums

isnt it past your bedtime children?

>whats the point of your post OP?
to deter people from making off topic threads

is you the police? why are you trying to deter people from doing anything? you make me laugh. not out loud but in my soul. how out of control is your life?

I fucking love your threads, bruh. Never stop never stopping.

but I like it here

Novalis is beautiful. If he looked anything like his busts, maybe one of the most attractive people in history.

guys, stop bumping this shitpost. Get back to quality discussion

>you want to continue enjoying literature.

Seriously, if you value reading as a hobby, you should spend as little time on Veeky Forums, but Veeky Forums especially, as possible. It will either turn you into a jaded misanthrope that can't appreciate reading books as a hobby, or it will form an addiction that prevents you from reading for protracted periods of time.

Veeky Forums was a mistake and I wish I would stop coming here.

>how out of control is your life?
8/10
>why are you trying to deter people from doing anything?
because i dont want to have to wade through all of the bullshit in order to find one intellectual discussion.

>he comes to Veeky Forums for intellectual discussion

you've got some pretty fucking high hopes for this Vietnamese basket-weaving forum. You're one click away from seeing 300+ pictures of donkeys fucking fat chicks; do you really think intellectualism is what you'll find here?

I'm trying Novalis, please forgive me.

agreed, remove the multi-lingual bias, because its classist (and possibly also racist against Americans) and we're good

same here man best of luck

>whats the point of your post OP?
To remind you of your place

>t.over 20 something on /lit
shouldn't you have fellow associate professors or TA's at the very least to discuss these things with mr.cultured man?

Yeah but have you ever read Infinite Jest?

fuck off, nerd.

>>you read for entertainment
dropped right there. Maybe you should leave Veeky Forums if you hate books so much?

>Reddit spacing

I wish you'd stop coming here too

veekyforums.com/thread/10047234/literature/leave-this-board-and-never-return-if-any-one-of.html
you sure post this a lot

did you post the Veeky Forums version on Veeky Forums the other day? or was that just someone imitating your style...or is this meme just multiple people?

this board is fucking dead holy shit

yeah