Writing a short story, can't think of a name for my main character. Suggestions?

Writing a short story, can't think of a name for my main character. Suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

behindthename.com/
fantasynamegenerators.com/
writingwhilethericeboils.blogspot.com/2011/11/writing-roulette-all-generators-youd.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look for characters from books you have already read.
Best: look at the greek works or in the books of the bible.

Phallus Bohner

>Greek or Biblical
Gay unless you want your character to be a peder or a Jew

It has a theme quite similar to Pygmalion, one of my favorite myths, but I've already put a Galatea in the story, so I don't want to lean to heavily on that. I thought about Viktor, because there is some parallels to being an unholy creator, but that name just doesn't sound American enough for a Bostonian.
not bad

If it´s a fantasy story, might use greek terms as a reference and modify them so they don´t sound too fancy, also, watch for the terms, avoid medical uless you feel it sounds comfy, but, again, at your own risk, a name like Gastritious is not serious, neither comfy

If it´s not a fantasy, then a friend´s name may work, if you don´t want your friend to notice just modify the name, also, if it´s a female character you could put the name of the woman you used to love, or again, another friend but modified; pretty basic, but may help

Jezebel

Pussy Galore

Also, if the character is physically attractive the name should match

To much maekup, get some taste
Not Veeky Forums at all

>some trap
okay buddy

Rhwanda Johnsteen.

Just take the last name of a person you've met then combine it with a different first name. Bam, problem solved. You could also just go waltz down to the local cemetery and get names off the tombstones.

>look at the greek works or in the books of the bible.

>"Jesus Leonidas felt a chill down his spine as he pressed the button for the nacho cheese dispenser. A black man wearing a hoodie walked through the door behind him randomly singing rap lyrics under his breath."

>"Jesus Leonidas felt a chill down his spine

Jerry Seinfeld

Not that any of you give the tiniest of shits, I chose Vincent, or Vinny, as my narrator. Dolores as the love interest, Galatea as the unholy contrivance, and Giuseppe as the cat.

All is good except the love interest, it’s too much of an “oh yeah of course” name.

Jesus christ I'm frothing at the mouth

Watch it mister that's my waifu you're talking about
And she's more beautiful than any human or any art of any medium and all of it combined

Chloe. She needs to be an aspie girl with an interest in the paranormal pursued by a guy who isn't quite as autistic, but has numerous other character flaws including substance abuse, possible narcissism, and an inability to let her go. In the end she falls for him after reading a short story where a girl of the same name falls for a similar guy, coincidentally after reading a book of the same nature, etc. and taking it as an omen that it was meant to be.

>she

She!

Stadg Thaddeus

Mr. Sakh Hadik.

You could actually build the premise of your book around his name.

For example: a slapstick series of shenanigans in which Mr. Sakh Hadik finds himself in all kinds of kooky situations where the people he introduces himself to hear his name, due to his accent, as "Mister Suck a Dick" ahahahahahahaha I think that would be so funny!!!!

behindthename.com/

i second that

Gregor Batistini.

slop morray

Micah. Criminally underused

Emmanuel Skarsgard

>that tiny jingle

How did this come out of Phil Collins' balls?

Is she really Phil´s daughter? I thought it was just a last name coincidence, good job Phil, no kidding

WHY?! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO WITH THESE JEZEBELS? All I want to do is come here for an asexual experience that will exercise my brain but I am constantly titillated by these vixens with their prodigious hips and provocative figures. Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole?

Life is a constant hell. No wonder I resent women too.

Kike Jewstein

dildolancer

ahoho jolly good my friend jolly good i say

3/10

Hitler Robert

Lucifer Niggerbastard
PolPot McHitlerfarts

This did, too.

E.R. Eddison had some good ones;
Fax Fay Faz, Brandoch Daha, Lady Mevrian, Queen Sophonisba, Lady Prezmyra, etc.

In Norse myth, the first woman (made from an Elm tree) was Embla.

Joe Stalin

what's her name?

write it in the first person, and don't have anyone refer to the character by name.

you do know, user, that people rarely use someone else's name unless they're in a large group and it's necessary?

>If it´s a fantasy story,

fantasynamegenerators.com/

/thread

Not subtle, imagine an interview
"Sir, how did you create your character´s names?
Well, I just used fantasynamegenerators.com"
That´s actually less probable to happensince good writers don´t tend to do dumb things like that

Mackenzie Williamette

Tommy Pinecone

Susan McCholabrow

googlw "writers character name generator". shit ton of stuff there.
Try dis, user
writingwhilethericeboils.blogspot.com/2011/11/writing-roulette-all-generators-youd.html

Big Al

bette-jo carnahan, of the carnahan clan from hale county alabama. not those carnahan's from up by memphis. they all no good, trailer park white trash. car thievin', dope sellin', welfare scum, they no part of our family.

Tiffany Ree
What a epiphany she
comes to see
when she realizes
happened to me

Tiffany Ree
Who is she who is she
Who knows who to be
When the roof debris
Falls down on you and me
Wait and see

how drunk are you