Can I get some recommendations on good books from/about shithole countries?

Can I get some recommendations on good books from/about shithole countries?

There aren't.

I think there’s a chart for american literature in the sticky

lotta shit books on display

t. 3rd worlder

>Her
>It's shitty clones of Rupi type poems

God, if you're listening, I would like to trade women for my rib back please—This was a mistake

>he hasn't read Dostoyevsky

Embarrassing desu.

>laughing negro.gif

>filename describes image accurately
>this is a bad thing
Dumb frogposter.

Do we have to go over how foreign literature gains international exposure and critical acclaim in market economies?

You're not a 3rd worlder.
t. not a 3rd worlder either

>lotta shit books on display
That's most bookshops in a nutshell desu

YASSSS QWEEEN
RESIST HIMMMMMM

Do people really care this much about politics that offhand comments shape their day to day lives?

>Kite Runner
>not shit
This is how you can tell if someone is a brainlet.

>Chigozie Obioma
>Uzodinma Iweala

Seven Killings is the only decent thing on that display.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy saint. Augustine

Start with the Greeks

>helen oyveyemi

A Brief History of Seven Killings is actually good desu

I flipped through it in a bookstore and there was a chapter in form of a rap song

I had sopa de macaco for lunch desu

i'm not a huge fan of attempting to read in dialect desu (to be honest)

Almost everything on that table is awful. Neo-liberals have the worst taste.

The unholy alliance between the new left and the corporate world is truly incredible.
I mean, shit like this (corporate virtue signalling as marketing) is just the icing on the cake, the real scandal is how they cooperated to draft god knows how many women into wageslavery and call it "liberation".

It's also very cheap of them to include St. Augustine's Confessions (i.e. probably the only worthwhile book there). Augustine's roman north Africa was an entirely different beast, inhabited by entirely different people, than present-day north Africa.

The president is America’s representative to the world. Having the president say something which leads to 54 African countries (which is all of them except the semi-autonomous region of Western Sahara) demand an apology, can’t be chuckled off.

Also it’s a store, and it’s job is to sell books, if it can play into whatever is in the air, then it will probably sell more books. Don’t shit on a firm for doing exactly what firms do.

Wait until you work out that 99% of front page reddit posts are made by accounts owned by multinational corporations posted on subreddits owned by multinational corporations and a good deal of the comments underneath are bots, owned by people building karma on accounts in order to sell them to multinational corporations.

>building karma on accounts
What does this do? Does higher Karma favour your posts?

Look, I’m not a trump supporter, and I agree he’s largely denigrated the prestige of the office. However if one of your major influences on your life is what some dude tweets or says in a meeting, you’re a literal child.

The normal person’s reaction should be “oh that’s dumb”, not racing on twitter to be the first person to respond to his tweet, or marching around chanting. It’s so utterly inane I can’t begin to understand it. Just vote out his supporters in the mid terms.

I can give u my top 20 Brazilian lit

Does a couple things depending on the subrettit settings.

Basically, you can set it so only users who fall into certain categories can post, or have users with low karma suffer diminished upvoting or downvoting power. It's a way for the people who own the subreddits to ensure that only the top paying businesses can get the maximum exposure.

If you go to a random subreddit on the front page of reddit from a front page post with 20 thousand upvotes, 99.9% of the posts on that board will have under 70 upvotes total. With most being in the 5 to 15 range.

It's all an advertising scheme at this point.

Disney, for example, owns the star wars subreddit.

>post advertisement on Reddit
>people check my account to see if i'm a shill or bot
>see that i have 10k karma, have posted for years
>everyone assumes this is natural content

Reddit is the 5th most visited site in the US, it's just naive to think that everything on /r/all (comments included) are manipulated by major corporations. Part of how they do that is buying genuine accounts.

naive to think that /r/all isn't manipulated**

Reddit overall is just and absolutely embarrassing mentality.

The whole design is flawed and the people are embarrassing with how they act COLLECTIVELY. I’ve been on both sides of the coin. I’ve gotten a lot of upvotes because I made good points before and I’ve gotten a lot of downvotes becaus I’ve trolled people. I know how reddit operates.

Just a couple days ago I was in a thread on Reddit where the guy got downvotes because he made a simple error in posting something. But then EVERY SINGLE comment he made afterwards got downvotes because of it all. I can just see the smug redditor now, with that shiteating grin on his face, downvoting the fuck out of a cmoment because someone else publicly shamed him.

I enjoy trolling the retards but I don’t like downvotes. Every now and then I find a perfect opportunity though, like taking something seriously that everyone is being sarcastic about just to fucking see how bad it gets. They’re fucking idiots

The 4th most popular post on Reddit in the last 24 hours.

"My dog wandered into the local Home Depot...this is what I arrived to."

82,000 upvotes. A blatant advertisement and people praising Home Depot in the comments.

The post after that is advertising Stranger Things, and the one above that is hyping up Dark Souls being remastered.

Reddit is bought and paid for, senpai.

>>buying genuine accounts
>tfw if I had decided to waste years of my free time on reddit instead of Veeky Forums I could have at least cashed out

It's for normie bugmen.

god says pets are homo

Have you ever seen Reddit go from having a staunch circlejerk on something, only for some Reddit darling (videogamedunkey, Fantano, h3h3 or someone similar) to come out and say the exact opposite, and the entire subreddit changes its opinion?

In all fairness, replace downvoting with ironic shitposting and it's basically the same thing here.

I know of discords and skype groups where members spend literally all their free time, and have done so for years, targeting people on Veeky Forums with specific views and opinions.

Veeky Forums is basically reddit for schizophrenics and high IQ teenagers with anger issues.

>Russia
>Shithole country
Nigga what? I'm not a commie but you can't compare St.Petersburg to Uganda

A hell hole is different from a shit hole

>high IQ
good one

beasts of no nations is basically about how niggers are sub-human savages that use child soldiers, rape, and kill everything. perfect book to have front in center if you were trying to be crypto racist tbqh

Are you trying to imply that reddit is intelligent?

>high iq

Case in point

it feels like scraping the barrel when there's two different nelson mandela books

Are you implying that other mainstream websites have better discourse than Veeky Forums?

its almost as if its intentionally bad

High IQ refers, clinically, to anyone with an IQ over 110.

It's not difficult to mentally crunch the actuarial analytics of the demographics, which anyone of any small semblance of recollective capability would be capable of remembering, of both websites to arrive at the conclusion there is at least a 20 point difference, at the average, between those who use either website exclusively.

None of those 54 leaders care about their own people, They are using this to stir support or jockey for something that benefits them.

Don't be so naive about political motives.

In terms of people HIV per population you can

>.02 Rubles have been deposited into your account

>polonium has been deposited in your food

>19 century country in Europe had the same HIV as modern day Africa therefore modern day Russia is and was a shithole country

Yeah it's not like the right is beholden to corporate interest.

Oh, certainly. But that branch of the right is known for and open about that.

>refuses to look up modern day russia HIV statistic
Stay deluded, yoynretarded russianoo

The HIV epidemic wasn't really a thing in the 19th century.

>19 century country in Europe had the same HIV as modern day Africa
>19th century HIV
No more opinions for you!

>points out a flawed comparison
>dude stop defending your country
What if I told you I'm not from Russia?

Well stop defending shit countries, loser

>euro
>defends Africa
Sounds about right.

Then I would have nothing to defend

Nigga I learned my lesson about namefagging from Something Awful. That was fifteen years ago...fuck.

No

Anyway if you want an actual recommendation:

Ancient and Modern Imperialism (Cromer)
Modern Egypt (Cromer)
The Bow Of Ulysses (Froude)
A Bend in the River (Naipaul)
Black Mischief (Waugh)
Kim (Kipling)
Typee (Melville)

I live around Kingston. That place is a Bar fused to a book shop
they keep the shelves low so no niggers steal anything, not that the nu-males at the bar could stop them if they tried, and it's also too dark to read.
It'll die out in a few months. Hipster trash like that always does around here.

Things Fall Apart.
>inb4 high school

This was true maybe 10 years ago.
A good 50% of people on this website are redditors.

Go figure, I don't see a single good book on that table.

>between those who use either website exclusively.

People who use both aren't counted. Just because someone is of high intelligence doesn't mean they aren't completely retarded asperger riddled lunatics, m8.

top left is augustine's confessions, pleb

True, true.

Ya gotta remember that the 100 IQ average estimation is based on those who've taken the test, and had the test scaled after the fact in order to reflect the new data.

Most people you meet in the street, about 85%, fall below 100. At a conservative estimate.

Someone with an IQ of 115 or 120, no matter how insane, is going to run circles around them. Even if to you they appear quite lacking.

I like that they admit they're shitholes

fuck off

long walk to freedom's a pretty interesting book

>Haiti is NOT a shithole!
>We need to send millions of dollars of aid to Haiti!

What did they mean by this?

I honestly cannot believe I'm reading this. Just shut up you try hard, don't even consider IQ when walking about. That makes no sense.

India counts as a shithole right?

Any books that detail the 21st-century Native American experience? Even if it's just blame-whitey gibsmedat in tone.

>shit I can't think of any more books from shitholes
>oh well I'll just include two about Mandela

There is a lot to be upset about regarding Trump's presidency, but I honestly don't understand the outrage over him saying "shithole countries" in a meeting. Are people mad that he thinks this, said it, or what? The countries are shitholes by most metrics, notably progressive ones (gender equality, homosexual rights, etc.).

The faux-outrage has got to be toned down, it isn't helping the fight against Trump.

They shit on the street, india is THE shithole

People are angrier about Trump thinking the US shouldn't accept immigration from those countries, not just the "shithole" term.

I'm Canadian, and I wished Turdeau didn't tell the shithole countries we will embrace them. Of course the tune is changing now that all those shithole Haitians are crossing into Canada from the U.S.

I disagree with Trump and Republicans on a lot of things, but not the fundamental necessity of borders. The Haitians coming into Canada are entitled to health care, legal aid, housing assistance etc while they are being processed. This basically tosses the social contract out the window and is an injustice to those who actual pay taxes and have to wait behind these shitheads in hospitals.

I have the right guy for you, OP.

The Wilder Shores of Marx: Journeys in a Vanishing World
by Theodore Dalrymple

English physician goes to worst places on earth.

In other books back home, he deals with the woes of the British underclass.

Life at the Bottom: The Worldview That Makes the Underclass

Our Culture, What's Left of It: The Mandarins and the Masses

>borders stop people from getting into other countries

It might stop illegals, yes, but there are plenty of legal immigrants still coming in from those "shithole" countries. If you want to shut down immigration as a whole, just say so.

2666 is pretty good

>Killers of the Flower Moon
David Grann is from America. What the fuck?

I fucking love Theodore Dalrymple.

Hardmode: No books centered around being part of a marginalized/oppressed group.

>booker prize winner
>girl who got famous for being shot
>two books by one of the most famous people of the past 100 years
>two books (including one that was made into a massive film) written by a man who emigrated to america
>another guy who emigrated to america before getting famous
wow they really struggled to find some of those huh

Marketing like this (utilizing profanity and bluntness) is clearly an appeal to sameness, a way of tacitly attempting to communicate "we get it!".
Which is what makes it all the more telling that the self-censorship was deemed necessary.
Truly these must be signs that we live in decadent and confused times.

Yeah but the neocon right that is beholden to corporations are open that they are pro corporation. The far right is on the hit list of corporations while the far left gets help from billionaires and corporations. Like how Google cencors NS vids while allowing commie vids to reign free.

Why the fuck is confessions by st augustine there

It's not something a President should do. Theres level of decorum which the office has held, especially in regards to Diplomatic efforts. Calling a place where there is a some sort of trade or business deal, place of business, is not good business. There's playful banter between friendly nations but never outright a derogatory remark about the country itself.
As well it completely cuts into the idea of the American Dream being something to inhabit everyone, not just those from EU etc. And Trump being President should reflect the ideals of America, but he didn't because hes senile and is surrounded by Yes-men.

Augustine lived and was from Africa

>Oscar Wao
Pure trash indeed.