I have always really admired the story-telling in the lyrics of Spiderland, by Slint...

I have always really admired the story-telling in the lyrics of Spiderland, by Slint. Each song is kind of like a short story, suggestive and emotive, but restrained. The music contributes to this, no doubt, but the words on their own really convey a palpable atmosphere.

What short stories, or writers of short stories do you think are like Spiderland? What authors and their prose styles have a similar cadence and mood, do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZQQh1TciNS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've always wondered what's going on in Nosferatu Man. Like, I'm not interested in analysis of the lyrics or interpretations about the story, but the fact that I became curious about that "world" or scene so much is really unique for me and music.

Anyone who isn't a nazi and knows what SS is dismisses it immediately for a reason.

I would rather my thread 404'd with no other posters than to have had the displeasure of encountering you and your post.

Call a cop, faggot.

you think I want to notify the police?

Bump for discussion and sharing.

> muh shit /mu/sic is just like literature
>muh Bob Dylan is a poet
Fuck off back to/mu/ with your garbage taste. The people who write this shit probably didn't finish high school

You don't even read.

???

bobbeh actually has some pretty good writing desu but I won't pretend it is high literature or comparable to any truly great writing--the kind of writing the nobel prize used to be reserved for--by any means

Pick up a kid's book, they'll help you learn so you can one day read my posts.

>Muh guitar music
Go back to /mu/, rockist. Of course I read. Not sure if you can though.

So maybe you have some recommendations for stories similar to the ones told in Spiderland? If you don't, I'll just still believe you don't actually read.

Edgy.

I've never listened to that album nor do I have any intention of doing so

>Doesn't read
>Doesn't listen to music
pathetic

>Go back to /mu/, rockist
That's like saying "go back to /pol/, liberal"

This album is unlistenably boring

naw

This. Trash lyrics as well

naw [2]

This. Some whiny faggot instead of a singer as well.

Bet you'd sing pretty similar with my dick up your ass boy, and that's not even talent it just comes natural to you. Brian McMahan's affecting on Spiderland because he's talented. You're nothing but a shit-poster whose boutta sing pretty, but there won't be recorders around for anyone else to hear it after it happens.

maybe kafka's short stories or the castle?

iirc most of the lyrics were finished in a car ride to the studio the day they recorded the album. there is a lot to say regarding near death experience. i liked sartre's nausea, maybe you would too. but imo this music is not so comparable to literature

OP stop this right now it's embarrassing

Careful "boy", I might suck your dick.

>LOOK AT MY PATRICIAN MUSIC TASTE WHICH IS ACTUALLY CONFORMIST AS FUCK
You're almost as annoying as kpopfags

did you post in the wrong thread?

What does his post have to do with the Schutzstaffel?

unbearable faggotry in this thread
the last track is essentially Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner
I would also recommend Ligotti, Kafka, Nerval

>Don, Aman
>Whiny

Nice b8 my son

thank you both. I think your suggestions touch upon something that I hear in this record.

LOUISVILLE KY!

I have always really admired the story-telling in the lyrics of Lost Cause, by Jandek. Each song is kind of like a short story, suggestive and emotive, but restrained. The music contributes to this, no doubt, but the words on their own really convey a palpable atmosphere.

What short stories, or writers of short stories do you think are like Lost Cause? What authors and their prose styles have a similar cadence and mood, do you think?

youtu.be/ZQQh1TciNS4

seems like an outsider.