Post furniture and decorations that you have or want to have in your reading room/study

Post furniture and decorations that you have or want to have in your reading room/study.

Other urls found in this thread:

christiancourier.com/articles/299-what-is-modernism
youtube.com/watch?v=a4bPgVhYBxs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrificial_tripod
youtube.com/watch?v=DRI_ZSh6iF4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ulysses

more like old and belongs in the trash

no post in this terrible thread will be able to surpass this one

>titles his abstract shitty collage of shapes "meaning of music"
holy.. Peterson was a Postmodernist all along

Jesus dude, Jordan can't resist a cash grab? Sad. Maybe Jim was right after all.

>2k
Phew

What is that thing anyway?

Don't you recognize a paradigm for the cosmos created by a man with stratospheric IQ when you see it, you swine?

I'll take the unsigned one for 50 bucks, thank you Jordan.

Now hold on a second, dats not fair because this is a piece of art I put my whole heart and mind into and you have a moral duty to respect that bucko.

>complains about post modern art
>uses that abomination as his logo

It looks more like a modernist creation desu

to be fair its not postmodern. Its pretty standard modernist fair.

It's bringing order to the chaos!

Is it still considered part of the modernist movement if its done 100 years later?

>pomodano mean aftuh modo

how do you breathe?

Who are you quoting?

"He ushered her into a slip of a hall hung with old prints. She noticed the letters and notes heaped on the table among his gloves and sticks; then she found herself in a small library, dark but cheerful, with its walls of books, a pleasantly faded Turkey rug, a littered desk and, as he had foretold, a tea-tray on a low table near the window. A breeze had sprung up, swaying inward the muslin curtains, and bringing a fresh scent of mignonette and petunias from the flower-box on the balcony.

Lily sank with a sigh into one of the shabby leather chairs."

>$2K for some carpet

JP is my man crush but holy hell he's getting bold.

I desperately crave futurist aeropittura but nobody can provide me with such art

Modernism was still no better to Christianity than postmodernism.

christiancourier.com/articles/299-what-is-modernism

Retard

I dig it

C'mon, Jewrdan, I like you, but this is just a bit too much!

more like Juden Peterstein am i rite

How does he justify his valuation for that piece of tat?

Even Google reverse image search couldn't figure that out. All that came back was "orange". Prolly cheap crap, made in china for $20 per 100 units. Elitists have high overhead costs. (lifestyle, ya know)

i'd rather have this on a rug

nice postmodern rug

nah, if it were pomo it'd be trying to deconstruct the concept it's titled after.
It's just an abstract representation, pretty thoroughly modern.

It's still trite though and Peterson's a hack.

having that rug in your room would be extremely postmodern

>Veeky Forums hating on a humble rug salesman

Frasier's chair looked pretty comfy for reading

I really like Peterson, but nobody will buy this.

>humble
>$2k a piece
?

Infowars filters work, that rug looks uncomfortable and ugly as sin

could not understand this show

that's an eames, hailed as an american classic but really an uncomfortably neck murdering piece of shit.

danish furniture is where it's at.

and I thought 399 was steep

This.

I guess society is really in the shitter.

No real philosopher would shill shitty products to make a quick buck. You didn't see Plato or Aquinas or Nietzsche hawking knick-knacks and furniture.

That's where you're wrong friend

youtube.com/watch?v=a4bPgVhYBxs

Veeky Forums show

actually Frasier is more like a low-brow show masquerading as a high-brow one. Its the anti-King of the Hill

it's a meme you dips

>not buying a handmade socratic table for socratic dialectic for 3000 pieces of gold, 2 goats and a tripod that hasn't seen the fire.

>tripod that hasn't seen the fire

what is that supposed to mean, why a tripod

its postmodern

That's not the kind of modernism that the other poster was talking about.

Messiaen threw traditional Catholic aesthetics out the window, but theologically he was as true to the faith as any.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrificial_tripod

Read the Iliad you pleb

I WAS that other user. I was indeed talking about that kind of modernism. If a work of abstract art, however pretentious is genuinely trying to apprehend "The meaning of music" then I would call it modernist.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRI_ZSh6iF4

Nope I'm just an idiot. I realize now you were probably talking about the Christian guy who posted the link. At any rate that documentary I think, incisively distinguishes the attitude of modernism from the cynicism of postmodernism.

jordan peterson represents individualism, supposedly, yet he seems to talk so much about culture. shouldn't he be telling people to forge ahead their old culture? not to buy old art from native americans and europeans. and if he wants to put up an egyptian thing in his house that's cool too. there's no such thing as cultural appropriation.

Probably because Plato, Aquinas and Nietzsche didn't live in the 21st century where it is easy to sell things to anybody from anywhere in the world.

Purpose of culture is the creation of the individual

THIS.
King of the Hill us the ultimate pleb filter.
>hurr durr they have southern accents that means the show is for retarded people

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Plato did.

What a stupid fucking logo

>it's real
>postmodern garbage graphic on a rug
>$2k a pop guise
Could Peterson be any more of a jew? I mean, his face is a dead giveaway, but really.