Dunno if this is the adequate board for this question, but people seem to read here, so...

Dunno if this is the adequate board for this question, but people seem to read here, so ..can i learn Trascendental Meditation on my own? Or is it some of those fields where you necessarily need a mentor?

you need to do acid several times, stop for a few years so you don't get pulled into the DUDE ACID LMAO phase, then get back into metaphysics once that tendency passes, but you still have access to what it feels like to be in different, more transcendental states of mind.

And while your waiting, start with the greeks

coincidentally im in an acid phase. but microdose, i dont feel the need for a full trip. also i just started studying Varela. havent started with the greeks yet, but loved Heraclitus.

I just started taking a break from the acid. Too muuuch man; even as a microdose. Take breaks lest your serotonin cry out in depletedness

I used to hate microdosing. I tried taking between a sixteenth and an eighth of a tab for exam studies several times, and all it ever did was make me extremely ADHD and a bit confused

Don't do acid.

Go do a vipassana retreat. They are usually 10 days and sometimes they are free.

yep, sounds like a good idea. I knew friends in uni who went schizo for a few months from taking too much. These were people who dosed multiple times every weekend. Ended up OK, but you could tell they were off. Acid breaks down your ego. It's similar to going through an entire few years or so of life, with ups downs that challenge your sense of self. You can't destroy and rebuild your ego every week, you have to give it time to recover and strengthen. Inb4 I don't need an ego to function in society.

You only need DMT

The main first point of the dhamma is to stop, once and for all, worrying about sensuality of the usual 5 senses and of the 6th sense of, in daily life, the intellect with its ideas, opinions, fantasies and other casual »mental proliferation«, which is accomplished by dwelling temporarily in the jhanas, especially in the fourth jahna, to experience for the first time something different than sensuality through the 6 senses.
Once this is experienced, it is time to focus on the challenge, on the phase of the »contact« of the »dependent origination« to prevent this contact to happen, whether on the senses or what is left to live beyond sensuality, and which generates all this »dukkha«; because it turns out, that whatever is felt is rubbish, especially through the 6 senses, or at least not good enough when it comes from something non-sensual, and only normal people claim otherwise.

The psychedelic medicine could at best facilitate the first goal --- by remaining on the level of sensuality and could build an alternative to the vajrayana practice à la vajrayanists who love to claim that the craving of sensuality can be destroyed through sensuality itself --- but as with any practice relying on curiosity of the senses and their enjoyment, there would still lack the skills to dwell in the fourth jhana; and even worse, it is useless for the main goal of the doctrine and practice.

this is the first time i have taken two microdoses in a week. i thought i was ready for it.

did you learn to control it? i take it as that. that you first take a full on trip, and then with microdose you learn to ellicit the efects (sort of with how homeopathy "should" work, or vaccines for a more factual example) and thought patterns, so you then can enter it and harness the waves without it being super overwhelming and end up with some "whoa cool trip" experience, which amounts to nothing in the end.

i took it once to in fact strengthen the ego in a crisis situation, it worked pretty well, very fast too.

so this people stop having sex or what.

Read the bhagavad gītā and believe every word of it. I'm not joking

you can start right now but will you follow through?

i know a thing or two about commitment.

If you only microdose you've missed the most important effect which is ego death, the occurrence of the game and rebirth

last bump

Acid doesn't affect your serotonergic system. It does bind with the 5-HT receptors, which are serotonin receptors, but the acid itself doesn't impede that process.
Compare it to a drug like MDMA, which makes your brain release copius amount of serotonin, thus actually effecting the sensation of pleasure and creating a risk of serotonin syndrome. LSD doesn't create that risk.

thank god. thank you user. now i can trip away.

The fact that LSD binds to the 5HT (serotonin) receptors as an agoniser means that these very same receptors have to downregulate after this process(tolerance to LSD). Using LSD with a lot of frequency can damage these receptors and can really fuck with how your brain uses serotonin.

>tfw serotonin levels have no noticable effect on me
>pleasure response only affected by dopaminergic substances(or vice versa)
anyone else know this feel?

The tolerance to LSD doesn't affect the release of serotonin, though. Unless you're tripping every couple of days (because it takes acid 3 days to leave your system) you're not gonna destroy your receptors.

>tfw am actually interested in the subject
>tfw people are just discussing the best way to get acid

Ffs lads, I want to annihilate my individuality and enter Nirvana, not be a junkie. Where do I start? (Fuck Siddhartha btw)
Also, where can I get acid without having any friends and not wanting to support trafficking?

D33p w3b

lurk moar

>not wanting to support trafficking
Well, you won't get any drugs, then
That's why all drug using degenerates are all murderers by proxy.
Then they come around and say they're enlightened because they fund a business which kills millions every year

Junkies should all be put to death

This, 2 bee age

I don't think think anyone who has posted understands what transcendental meditation is.
There's no reason to believe Transcendental Meditation is any more profound than other forms of meditation. If you can find a list of the Sanskrit mantras online you won't need a mentor, but the supposed Yogis of TM will claim otherwise. I guess if you believe in TM you'd have to believe in their Yogis too, that's half the scam. I haven't had any luck finding a list of their secret words though.

>I dont feel the need for a full trip
Then you miss the most beneficial and mystical part of the chemical. Increasing the dose exponentially increases the intensity and duration. The most I have consumed at once is ~1.3mg and it lasted about 18 hours. The insight I gained could never be attained through micro dosing and that is, in my opinion, a waste of chemical and tolerance.

>they fund a business which kills millions every year
Yeah, I'm sure a lab in San Francisco printing thousands of tabs of acid run by old hippies and college students is killing millions. Not all drugs (a meaningless word) are out to get you.

TM is a parasite industry and celebrity meme. You don't need to pay a guru $3000 to find out your mantra. Just sit up straight and take a nap instead. Your brain will feel refreshed and so will you. Now go read a book.

>brown eyes
into the trash

You're talking about walmart for corn syrup trafficking right?

>Also, where can I get acid without having any friends and not wanting to support trafficking?

where you at bruv

i know what it does at full force. i just microdose in particular times where i dont need lifechanging insights, but to shift a particular cognitive style that proved detrimental to my life.