Is suicide selfish?

Is suicide selfish?

Any books on this topic?

What's with the increase in suicide threads? Winter? New semester? Some Netflix movie about suicide?

Stopping other people from committing suicide is selfish.

>confusing symptoms with causes
There is an overlap, sure, but that pic is just dumb.

SHOO SHOO STINKY

No, you're just dumb

Sounds like the starter pack is right up your alley bub.

Those are consistent and constant triggers. But what is the condition of possibility for the ontological mood of depression?

From what I understand it's selfish in the sense that you are claiming that your life is exceptional (exceptiomally painful, miserable, etc.) meaning you play by a different set of rules than everyone else, and however convincing this may be to you, it is not made any truer by the fact of your suffering. It's like an extreme version of self pity. Idk if that helps.

Every time I feel suicidal I think about how not only my life is meaningless but also how my suicide will be meaningless as well. My family wouldn't be much suprised, I have no friends, no lover. Ultimately everyone would sigh, politely avoid tough conversations, and go back to work on Monday. No one will understand what you're feeling, not exactly, and no one cares to. Your suffering will become a joke instantiated by your death.

It's better to live long enough to produce something which utilizes that great pain or just resign yourself to a banal and undignified existence.

No, but it's stupid, except maybe for the terminally ill. If your life is so pointless that you might as well end it, it is also so pointless that whatever you are struggling with is nothing and you could just as well see what you can do to make the best of it with no fear because it doesn't matter anyways.

not having a crazy qt3.14 Soumi gf

seriously though, most people are depressed because they experience defeat and then start identifying with that defeat and sadness. It is self confirming to them to be depressed.

Yes, you're making life all about yourself. You could fake it and join the Peace Corps.

Good thing I haven't saved the pic of how she looks these days, it would probably trigger suicidal thoughts.

Suicide entails hating life itself in its entirety, that is to say not hating it inasmuch as it has hurt you, but having true Ontological hatred and terror in regards to everything, including all "pleasures" bestowed upon you or dangled in front of you.

love these scathing starterpack memes. This shit is so true.

That looks like a fun time 2bh

It's not selfish, actually quite the opposite.
You're destroying all the suffering in the universe. How is that not a selfless act.

Only true in a small fraction of cases

The argument is essentially that, if other people rely on you, then you're giving them more pain with you dead, while you take away all of your own pain. It is selfish I suppose, but selfishness isn't necessarily bad.

I think that if you hate life itself in the way you described it, you'd be more prone to do something like columbine than just to kill yourself.

Yes. The privilege of killing you is God's alone

Isn't it more selfish to force others to stay alive because you don't want to feel grief?

no because you and your kin/kith’s needs outweight the despair of a single person

>constant triggers.
fell for the triggers meme

tag you're it

What if I have neither?

but its unlikely the kin needs people who are suicidal. they don't really function.

this, desu

Myth of Sisyphus
probably been said already but i dont want to read the thread desu

t. retard
life is irredeemable, even if it can be changed (it can't) it is't worth fixing

columbine kiddies just reaffirm the living they claim to reject, it's an act to win attention, there are aspects of life they desire but cannot achieve normally and so they transgress norms for brief celebrity, the idea that they have some impact on life itself is laughable

Doki doki literature club or something

I dont know about you, but BLACKED has certainly improved my life

Veeky Forums is on suicide alert, probably bleeding in here (stinky linkys)

Kind of depends on who you are and who (if anybody) depends on you. I'd say it'd be selfish for most people, but there exist some people for whom it may be the most selfless action they could perform as well.

I only have five out of thirteen, does that mean my depression will go away?

menaquinone?

I think it can be a selfish act if you do it as a “fuck you” to specific people, or blame others for your actions a la 13 reasons why. Killing urself isn’t worth it, honestly. Talk to a doctor, bruh. 1 year on sertraline and I haven’t thought about suicide since. Also checkout this book. It was a super quick but engrossing read.

this

Yes it is selfish, especially if you go about it someplace public. I once had a trip take 8 hours longer than it should've because some dude jumped in front of the train I was on

lol!

I do none of these things and still want to kms. Go figure.

DO YOUR PARENTS HAVE ANY COINS THAT MOONED? WHATS YOUR NAME FAT BUDDY? IS IT LINK?

this is a board about literature, please don't make threads like this.

DUDE JUST IMAGINE URSELF HAPPY LMAO

conceding that life is absurd is no big task. the vast majority of people already know that. conceding that most of life is ruled by desire, suffering and boredom demands a lot more and scares people shitless. life is absurd, we all know and believe that

In an esoteric sense, no. In a relative sense, yes.