What is the most boring book you've ever read cover to cover?

What is the most boring book you've ever read cover to cover?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldwide876media.com/pilot-moon-250-million-citizens/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I disliked the great Gatsby, that was hard to read.

your diary dehsu

American Psycho

Catcher in the Rye

I'll fight all you Salinger haters

The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad

WORST FUCKING BOOK IVE EVER READ

moby dick.

The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

You'll never be happy, you'll live a bad life

3-way tie between The Alchemist, Night and Things Fall Apart

catcher in the rye,
summary: Waaaa im a teenager...waaaaa!
or
to sail beyond the sunset by heinlein
summary: a time traveling nymphomaniac fucks everybody and tries to fuck her father, and eventually her kids. The fucking doesnt stop, last 30 pages her incestious brood goes back in time to help britian defend againist the german firebomb attacks in WW2, the end. P.S: she has a cat that walks through walls, ok?

The Castle, Kafka

the bible

The pile of hot steaming shit which is Anna Karenina.

Only correct answer ITT

Parrot in the oven.
I wanted to put the fucking book in the oven after reading that waste of time.

BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT BEGAT

The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Couldn't finish the book, fight /me/

Well, at least i can know this user didn't kill Lennon

Anything posted by the MSM or NASA tbqh

Former CIA Pilot claims the MOON has over 250 Million citizens:
worldwide876media.com/pilot-moon-250-million-citizens/

Metro 2033

Not only the most boring book I've ever read but also the worst. If you can imagine reading the same three descriptions of scenes across ~550 pages then you've read it. I only finished it because autism.

*th*n Fr*me
Anyone who thinks this book is good should be thrown off a cliff.

Wise Man's Fear although I skimmed through some of it.

Brothers Karamazov

Ulysses.

kys

Wow everybody in this thread has fucking brain AIDS

City of God. Fucking useless philosophy that makes no sense today

'fuck outta here

>he didn't read confessions
hahahahah

I got it because a friend bought the game on my steam account I was sharing with him. Loved it and thought I'd give the book a shot. Didn't get past the first 50 pages tbf. Another buddy of mine grabbed it from me and liked it though, but then again, he's kind of a pleb.

Same

Not awful but compared to his other stuff it's just plain dull.

Belka, Why Don't You Bark?
Meaningless stuff happens, dogs fuck, more meaningless stuff, old man kills people, even more meaningless shit, who gives a fuck

DESU Dracula by Bram Stoker is prettty dry.

Diary of Ann Frank is probably the worst though.

Tess of the D'urbervilles

Bitch of course I read confessions, it doesn't mean that 1000 pages on why Christianity is better than Roman religion has any influence on my atheist life

St Augustine is lower-tier in over-all theological importance while being highest-tier in terms of influence and historical importance. His true value comes from comparing him to his contemporaries, seeing where he went wrong, and seeing what his truly brilliant insights were. He's both ridiculously overrated and extremely undervalued in the West.

The Iliad. Thought I'd be patrician for book report in HS English class and regretted it sincerely. The book was a drag with all the talk of "Achilles of the Swift Feet" or "Odysseus the Micropenis", mixed in with some god talk and whatnot. Because it was on a time schedule, I had to force myself through 20 pages a day to meet the deadline, and the only thing keeping me going was the knowledge that if I slacked off that day, I'd be reading 40 pages the next day.

stoner

trips of truth

The lord of the rings trilogy.

to sail beyond the sunset by heinlein
summary: a time traveling nymphomaniac fucks everybody and tries to fuck her father, and eventually her kids. The fucking doesnt stop, last 30 pages her incestious brood goes back in time to help britian defend againist the german firebomb attacks in WW2, the end. P.S: she has a cat that walks through walls, ok
You make this sound like a fucking crazy read.
How badly does someone have to fuck up about time travelling incest and stopping firebombs for it to be a boring book?

You thought Night was boring you piece of cockroach shit

Moby Dick
To The Lighthouse

would rather count the hair in my ass than having to read those again

The divinely inspired has questionable authorship: thus is the maxim of the deluded, convinced they are wise and saved.

you men are stronger than I. I set down both around halfway through

>The divinely inspired has questionable authorship
I believe the historically attested authorship of each book, but, as you say, they're Divinely inspired, so the authorship isn't of great importance.

this thread is like 1 for 40

the 1 is this man

...and these are the people that I get my book recommendations and opinions from.

This thread is the last straw. I'm never coming back to this place again. See you guys tomorrow

the old man and the sea

Aristotles Organon

>I believe the historically attested authorship of each book
A lot of the Bible is anonymous or pseudonymous, not sure what you mean here.

None of them. Because I hate myself, but I don't hate myself that much.

Dracula

Lord of the rings
Infinite jest
Helliconia trilogy
Dune
Eragon

The Pale King

uhhhhhh
i mean homer can kinda drone on sometimes i agree but
uhhhh

Dfw's not very boring, v conversational prose, always changing gears.

Erich Fromm's Escape From Freedom. The the words "emphasis," "importance," and "significance" appear on nearly every page. It's like writing an entire book in emphatic bold.

Probably the grapes of wrath.

Gave me a chuckle. 6/10

I might get a lot of shit for this, but Iliad (Odyssey was dope though).

I kinda like what Tolkien was going for, but for the life of me, I can't get past halfway through the first book.
And I've tried several times.

Homo "whiny incest" Faber

Jane Eyre

my only takeaway was that the life of a 19th century governess is fucking BORING

DEEELELEEEET

>trilogy

It's one book

The Fountainhead, I can't imagine being a libertarian or enjoying that trash. We should force any libertarian to read Ayn Rand until they change their mind.

Haha I dunno my dude
Pretty much all of them

Arrrggtthhhthghg.

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair

I had to read it for a thesis. Autism in architectural form.

>muh social systems
>muh complex ordered systems
>muh hegemonic global style

kys schumacher

>Odysseus the Micropenis

The Dean's fucking December.
Memorably boring, sets up at least three plot threads, develops one, resolves none. Can't understand why people praise Bellow here.

One instance I don't feel bad recommending the movie over the book. Sets up a cracking adventure story plot, then NOTHING HAPPENS for hundreds of pages.

I've attempted this several times, finally just gave up, Dostoyevsky can't write characters for shit anyway, only famous in the West for his slavic mysticism that makes Russia seem more exotic.

The Name of the Rose

>Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
stuff barely hapened and half way through I was bored to death by the ocean life descriptions
I mean, it must be interesting to some marine biologist but it made the whole thing awfully repetitive

>Dostoyevsky can't write characters for shit anyway
The characters in Demons are quite good, real, and true to life archetypes user. I hain't read his other tomes.

>We should force any libertarian to read Ayn Rand
Sounds really hard.

I would never be one to deny Kafka's greatness or brilliance, but The Castle is definitely in the top two of my
most boring books I've finished. The other one is Kazuo Ishiguro's The Unconsoled .

Ulysses
Gravity’s Rainbow
Infinite Jest