What books would you recommend to someone who likes Twin Peaks?

What books would you recommend to someone who likes Twin Peaks?

bump

Hmmm I actually had an answer for this the other week but have completely forgot since then.
There's Pynchon for the silly irreverance and surrealism Lynch throws in, but that isn't a perfect fit

Vonnegut. Vollman. McElroy.

why?

Winesburg, Ohio for quirky small town people and their interconnected stories. There's nothing supernatural about it, though.

The short stories of Robert Aickman
Sesqua Valley stories by Willem Pugmire
The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker

>the silly irreverance and surrealism
you're the people who called Infinite Jest a "side splitter" and a "gut buster".

Not him but Pynchon can be pretty funny and is undeniably silly at times

"A Stone, a Leaf, a Door" by Thomas Wolfe.

All we need of hell by harry crews

His books are different

J. G. Ballard

"When I read Infinite Jest, OOOH BOY, I had no idea what I was in for. The passages about the Tennis matches? Downright MEDIEVAL. Why I thought my sides were gonna go so far, that future civilizations would discover them in a couple centuries and use them as a claim to other life in the universe. And all the bits about drug use? Made me miss my college days at U of Miami, renting expensive cars and doing rails of cocaine off the spoilers."

To be fair, I thought the eschaton chapter was hilarious.

this my diary baka desu senpai

gravitys rainbow maybe its pretty wack like that show

Pynchon, Wallace, and 2666 (I still think the Twin Peaks reference in 2666 is the key to the book)

Mysteries by Knut Hamsun

>The short stories of Robert Aickman
This is a good shout that I've never quite considered before. Both operate on a kind of dream logic in which things happen in the narrative which are never given a satisfactory explanation.

The Same Dog, The Hospice, The Swords, Bind your Hair...
Aickman is brilliant. The horror in full daylight, the dreamy sense, the slow build-ups, I would recommend him to any Lynch liker.