So we can all agree on Krasznahorkai being an extremely talented writer whose works we enjoy, right?

So we can all agree on Krasznahorkai being an extremely talented writer whose works we enjoy, right?

Just checking, a fee months back he was one of the few people this board could generate a positive consensus on, want to see if the situation changed.

Yeah, he's great. He hasn't really gained in popularity so I doubt the general opinion will have changed.

That's a terrible truth to see written

His name and Kierkegaard's are similar somehow

Him and Sebald are two of my favorite writers. They haven’t written anything that I haven’t enjoyed with immense pleasure.

I've actually got Satantango and The Melancholy of Reisitance in my eReader, will be reading those as soon as I'm done with a couple Céline books.

Also got Stantango the movie in my bookmarks to watch soon, when I've got 7 uninterrupted hours on my hands

He's great but I'm seriously avoiding him after reading the Melancholy of Resistance. One of the heaviest, most oppresive books I've ever read. I begin reading it just after Satantango and I remember at some point I could barely read more than 10 pages in a sitting. When I got to the murder of Valuska's mom I remember I just laid there, looking at the wall, unable to feel anything but disgust towards humanity.

I didn't understand the music theory parts of MoR. Can anyone give me a rough breakdown of what he was saying?

I genuinely do not get Sebald

krasz is red pilled on the abomination that is 440hz

look up 432hz on youtube, youre welcome

I really like krasznahorkai

I think I like seiobo there below the best, but all his books have something nice

I'm reading MoR right now. Don't get the oppresive atmosphere for now, on the contrary the prose is rather comical and reminds me of Gogol.
It's a great read.

My favorite living writer without competition. Seiobo there below is in my top 5.

Me neither, I thought Austerlitz was boring and I generally like very slow books.

I read about 50 pages of saramamantago and didn't enjoy it.

I read satantango in two days last week when I lay bedridden with fever. I didn't find his style to be as difficult as people led me to believe, in fact I was positively surprised. Will start with the melancholy of resistance this week. really enjoyed him so far. the werckmeister harmoniak movie is a favourite of mine.

>So we can all agree on Krasznahorkai being an extremely talented writer whose works we enjoy, right?
why does it matter so much what we all agree about?

I learned back when I was a kid that 432 is what you should tune violins to anyway

>tell my gf I will help her with something after this sentence
>I'm reading Krasznahorkai
>mfw

It's not difficult as in Pynchon, where the course is full of obstacles and dead ends. It's difficult in a muddy / swampish kind of way.

>let me finish this sentence first
>finishes book

kek

Sadly I haven't read his major works, only two minor ones, but those made me feel the great kind of sadness I usually feel when I read good literature. (Honestly, his Chinese and Japanese themed works are excellent)
He is also the only contemporary writer from my country I have actually read
I was thinking about reading War and War after finishing War and Peace. It would be ebin :DDD

As a Slovak, I find it sad that I have to resort to English translation in order to read some of the most important Hungarian authors. We need to reinforce cultural exchange in Central Europe.

>One of the heaviest, most oppresive books I've ever read
I thought the run-on sentences flowed with great ease and didn't feel particularly try-hard or clunky.

You guy did this to yourselves

I think the gist of it is that the western musical norm isn't mathematically sound, and that the "correct" way to set up music would sound dissonant to us since we're so used to the imperfect tuning that it's all we can enjoy. Look up some microtonal music on YT, it sends a chill down your spine because it sounds so "wrong" even though it's closer to mathematically perfect than what you enjoy listening to.
Goes back to how futile it is trying to fight the nature of the world.

>When I got to the murder of Valuska's mom I remember I just laid there, looking at the wall, unable to feel anything but disgust towards humanity.
ikr, i felt worse when dumbledore was killed by snape tho, oops spoiler, teehee

This but unironically