What's the point of reading philosophy books...

What's the point of reading philosophy books? If you didn't think of an idea yourself then it's not a product of your own mind and you don't deserve to have it.

You never made up any of the words or concepts you used to think up and type that post.

The words are only for communication, and the thoughts are my own.

THEN why are you giving your thoughts to people who "don't deserve to have it." You hypocrite!

Your thoughts are just composed of concepts made by other people.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I am declaring my thoughts on a public forum because they are mine and I own them.

I know this is pasta, but still... i read to remember myself of the things i already knew

>if it isn't a product of your mind you don't deserve it

This was written by an atheist, right? Nothing belongs to you, retard. Not your body, nor your mind. You can't make shit on your own

>What's the point of reading

what's the point of making this thread? you didn't think up any of the responses yourself so you don't deserve to have them

I will admit that my schooling as an adolescent has somewhat poisoned my mind. I have spent my entire adult life attempting to unlearn all external ideas. Regardless, the building blocks of a thought are less consequential than the thought itself.

No one has responded with anything worth retaining anyway.

>If you didn't think of an idea yourself then it's not a product of your own mind and you don't deserve to have it.

Why are you typing in a language you did not think up yourself? Or are you so stupid you don't realize that language is a type of thought?

Just came here to say that OP is a faggot and also I'm not mad

No ideas are truly original.

No one should learn anything. Fucking glad I can't read

You think anyone has ever produced something from nothing? You, and almost every individual ever to existence is a fairly generic product of primarily socio-cultural factors. No one has original thoughts, just originals reframing, deconstruction, and combinations. Although, even these things are largely generic products.

Bringing things out of being is not just reframing what was. That's just lazy metaphysics on your part, get with the times conceptual ignoramus

I actually agree with you OP. Good thread.

blahsfeferg weofiahfb agwoeiaga geogabab?

I don't think that's necessarily true, although I agree that nobody produces completely independent thought on their own. It's more a product of the historical/cultural time. The smartest minds always converge on similar ideas at the same time b/c of external factors related to the state of society/tech/etc. pushing them towards certain ideas.

>unlearn all external ideas

Why are you being a Taoist?

>well, I didn't invent physics, so there's no point in studying it
And so Einstein became a mailman

A dwarf on the shoulders of a giant still sees farther.
To not only have to self-educate myself on everything from learning to tie my own shoes as a child, paying my taxes as an adult, or trying to build the foundation of my understanding of my existence starting at metaphysics and trickling all the way down to politics and culture, without any influence of anybody else would be futile-people raised without the guidance of others become feral, it's a proven fact.
I can understand the appeal of wanting to figure things out on your own, to come to your own conclusions, but I don't see the purpose in eschewing the compendium of mankind's knowledge when it offers itself so willingly to me in this day in age. Thinkers and men of science from centuries ago would have given a leg for a chance for the access to the vast amounts of ideas and information we are only a few clicks away from.

I ask you this, what benefit would be gained from completely blocking off all ideas of others, essentially living alone with you and your wits alone?

I think the key to breaking new ground is knowing when and where to break off from the established logic chain. New paradigms come from people who know where that chain is weak enough that they can snap it and make their own branch. Usually that happens somewhere in the outer branches of accepted knowledge but not necessarily at the bleeding edge fringes. Still takes years of study to reach those points.

if you try to break off at the base of the tree of knowledge you're a kook (flat earth), break off too late and you're standing on flimsy ground ala string theory

I can agree with that. Orson Welles attributed his success in Citizen Kane to both the expertise of his camera man, but also to his own ignorance on what was and wasn't possible in movie directing.
It was the perfect combination towards innovation, that is, the mixture of skill, without the timid nature of 'knowing' what theoretically can or can't be done.

I hope you never talk like this in the real world

And Plato’s works are publically available, so…

What's the point of shitposting on Veeky Forums?

You're not even getting (y0u)'s.

Welcome to life kid

>come up with idea
>read philosophy and see its nothing new

What makes you "deserve" things?

>you don't deserve to have it.
What we "deserve" is hell. I take several gifts with gratitude.

Is this baiT?

>Your thoughts are just composed of concepts made by other people.
Not all thoughts are. If all of your thoughts are, well, that's sad for you then.

>I can only make them think
this rly made me think

>"it's where good thinking and good writing go to die!"
>"it has never produced a work of writing that's worth the time it takes to read it"
>"much less to think about it and ponder about it, or to write about it, or to form a school around it"

sounds like you're clinging to your individuality, bud. give up.

word is thought

Everything is a product of my own mind

OP sounds like he misread stirner pretty hard. Like how do you misread him that fucking badly?