Just finished Genesis. Was it supposed to make me hate jews?

Just finished Genesis. Was it supposed to make me hate jews?
>dude lets force an entire town to cut up their cocks for laughs and then slaughter them XD

That's particular story is actually fascinating. First of all, Simon and Levi did it because the dude raped their sister, so I kind of understand. However, only Simon gets cursed; Levi instead becomes the forefathers of the (landless) priesthood. Simon's descendants dwindle out of existence, and are cursed by Moses right before he dies. The implication is that somehow Simon's intentions were less than pure, while Levi had some righteous fury.

>implying you haven't already hated jews for the better part of your life
extremely confusing post, OP

What's more fascinating is that he rapes her and then the writer makes a point of saying "but he was really nice to her afterwards."

Nah, the OT is just a prep. Read the Talmud, then you'll be a bona fide Antisemite.

That's not it at all, Levi doesn't get a land inheritance, Simeon becomes destined to be subsumed by Judah.

It's to do with the land apportionment later.

t. never read The Talmud

And no, /pol/ JPGs are not "reading the Talmud"

No one should ever read the entire Talmud. That would be a waste of time. Not even Rabbis read all of it. It's just a reference work. Reading the entire thing would be like reading a phone book. Add to that the Pharisees' doctrine of the Oral Torah being a lie and the entire work is pointless beyond seeing the depths of insanity that spiritually dead legalism drives people to to find loopholes to disobey and reject God.

Did I say to read the entire thing?

re-read what I wrote

If reading excerpts is fine then you should have no qualms with just reading quotations in /pol/ infographics. Some of them are spurious, though.

You said Levi was rewarded for the massacre which he wasn't in that story.

>should have no qualms with just reading quotations in /pol/ infographics. Some of them are spurious, though
So in other words you SHOULD have qualms about reading /pol/ infographics.

I like how the subhumans at /pol/ are finally reaching the point where they are actually arguing in favor of getting their information from info-graphs and charts. Probably goes hand in hand with the idea that the whole publishing and higher educators are all controlled by the Jews.

The quotations that are valid are valid. Don't you check the sources of everything you read?

The Talmud is a reference work. References to it are the best way to use it. The format of the argument containting those references doesn't matter so long as their reasoning is sound and their citations are accurate. The Talmud does indeed contain some heinous shit. Some of the conclusions drawn about it are sound, others not. Use your brain.

Have too. Oh, should I be inspired by the promise of hundreds of goy slaves for each Jew when the Messiah comes? Or maybe the cleanliness laws? Or the yichud?

I don't even like /pol/, but the Talmud is shit senpai, even excluding the calling Jesus a bastard and Mary an adulteress.

>even excluding the calling Jesus a bastard

If Joseph wasn't the father he literally is a bastard. That's a fact.

>Mary an adulteress.
If she conceived a child with someone other than Joseph this is also a fact.

Blausphemy.

Well the only other alternative is that Joseph is the legitimate father which is another form of blasphemy....

A bastard is a son born out of wedlock. Joseph and Mary were legally married at the time of Jesus' birth, and Joseph named Jesus, including naming him as his son and heir, making Jesus a legal and legitimate son of Joseph, and the inheritor of Joseph's family line and estate. (Matt 1:24-25) In no way is it factually correct to call Jesus a "bastard." You obviously don't know what the word means, and are unfamiliar with the Gospels.

Jesus was not conceived sexually. Mary was a virgin.

If Mary had actually been adulterous, then Joseph wouldn't have gone through with the marriage, as he wasn't legally obligated to do so, and had no reason to.

You're a blausphemer.

A bastard is a child born to a different father: Jesus is a bastard.

Josep is a cuck.

His wife conceived with another which makes her an adulterer.

And God is basically a dead beat dad that abounded his child.

Your religious is about a dysfunctional household and it's downright depressing. If it happened to today Jesus, his 2 dads, and his mother would all be going to therapy.

That's assuming you go with the myth: the historical truth is probably even worst. Mary was probably just raped by some random Roman soldier.

>comparing God to some random Joe from across the street and the conception of jesus to a quick fuck on the side.
nice bait though, i'll give you that much

Not any more than the Iliad and Odyssey are supposed to make you hate Ancient Greeks. Those were all savage cultures.

*tips fedora*

Fuck off, Pharisee.

So when Jacob stole Esau's blessing, is that why his descendants became God's chosen people and not Esau's?

It's one story of how his descendents became God's favoured, yes. It's partly a polemic against the neighbouring Edomites who are descendents of Esau according to the story.

However, another view is that God specifically chose them while in Egypt. Moses' meeting with God on Mt Horeb being the starting point. Several of the psalms mention God finding Israel in Egypt, without any mention of his covenants with Jacob, Isaac or Abraham.

>It's partly a polemic against the neighbouring Edomites who are descendents of Esau according to the story.
But how is Jacob not the asshole in that story?

>Mary was probably just raped by some random Roman soldier.

Actually, the simplest explanation is that Mary was just a slut.

>mfw Joseph actually bought all that shit about the angel Gabriel and the holy spirit ... he must be history's dumbest beta cuck

Esau traded away his birthright fair and square. The blessing just sealed the deal. It's kind of like how Christians replaced Jews as God's Chosen People. The Crucifixion meant that Jews had traded away their place in Covenant, but in our imitating the Lamb of God, the Father gives us His blessing, and so we inherit the Kingdom of God. This kills the Pharisee.

Well in the part where Esau sells the birthright for soup, he's obviously portrayed as losing it from greed and stupidity. For Jacob actively tricking Isaac, he's portrayed as a typical trickster folk hero. To our modern sensibilities, yes he's the asshole, but to the ancient audience he and his mother's cunning may have been seen as positive. Folk histories weren't necessarily positive either, for whatever reason. For example the Roman legend of the city's founding has Romulus outright killing his brother Remus and taking sole control.

spot the insecure hypocritical pseud
Talmud is literally the jewish Mein Kampf and you don't need /pol/ to read some of the most harsh citations that piece of crap.