Which novels truly capture French aristocratic mindset?

Which novels truly capture French aristocratic mindset?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/EDITION-JEAN-DE-BONNOT-1966-MEMOIRES-DE-SAINT-SIMON-20-TOMES-/400588730737
archive.org/details/gri_33125012235582
archive.org/details/chateaubriand01fran
archive.org/details/8LSUP420_5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Red and the Black

The D'Artagnan series by Dumas shows us how they perceived themselves.

That's all post-Revolutionary authors. Should've specified I'm looking for 18 century works.

Lays leeayzones danzherooze.

de sade

bump

henry de montherlant the bachelors

This. All you really need.

Les Liaisons dangereuses

By Chowderloss dey Lakeloss.

Proust's Search

I think I might have found where my fetish for clothes and big bodied hair comes from. This bitch needs hard dick right now.

bump

Marquis de Sade.

Maybe The Leopard but they're Italian.

Illuminist works? No one likes them user. Go through Voltaire's bibliography and see if any title stands out, man loved his social criticism.

These two definitely, but it will definitely be skewed lenses to view them through. Both men had obvious biases and agendas they were writing from.

Proust is in no way an aristocrat you fool

Nabokov

Read Balzac

Pere Goriot

Kabale und Liebe
The setting is german but the “french aristocratic mindset“ was all the craze at that time

ebay.co.uk/itm/EDITION-JEAN-DE-BONNOT-1966-MEMOIRES-DE-SAINT-SIMON-20-TOMES-/400588730737

do want

En 1972, les Éditions Gallimard publiaient les Lettres de Toulouse-Lautrec, rassemblées par Herbert Schimmel. Il y en avait 266. Depuis, de nouveaux écrits ont apparu en tel nombre qu'une nouvelle édition s'imposait. Le résultat est impressionnant : 619 lettres qui couvrent la vie entière d'Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (né le 24 novembre 1864, il est mort le 9 septembre 1901), accompagnées de documents et de lettres de ses proches éclairant considérablement la destinée de cet être d'exception. La première lettre est écrite quand il a six ans et la dernière quelques semaines avant sa mort. On peut connaître ainsi l'enfance et suivre l'éducation d'un jeune aristocrate de province, dans un milieu assez conventionnel, les premiers pas d'un artiste prometteur, son arrivée à Paris, la lutte pour la reconnaissance de son talent de peintre et de lithographe, la déchéance physique, et la disparition prématurée à trente-sept ans. On y découvre aussi ses rapports avec marchands et…

archive.org/details/gri_33125012235582

archive.org/details/chateaubriand01fran

archive.org/details/8LSUP420_5

la princesse de cleves

If you insist on things written in the 18th century about the 18th century:
>Mémoires de St Simon
>Vauvenargues
>Chamfort
>Rivarol
If you want fiction
>Les Liaisons Dangeureuses
>Le Mariage de Figaro
Sade is trash.

120 days of sodom

Initially I didn't like Kristen Dunst but she did some fine ass acting in that movie.

Melancholia was great too.

Too bad she is in a lot of bad movies

Go read their diaries

Memoirs of Duc de Saint-Simon
Memoirs of Giacomo Casanova
Memoirs of Jean Baptise Marbot
Memoirs of de Villehardouin
Memoirs of Madame Fontenoy