/QTDDTOTT/ -Questions that don't deserve their own thread

How many short stories are there by Kafka (need exact number, and possibly titles)?

Other urls found in this thread:

ada.auckland.ac.nz/
warosu.org/lit/thread/S9547921#p9548102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do women subjectively experience their own bodies in a way that really corresponds to the way I objectively experience them?

I see my body as a meat vessel I pilot around and occasionally have to wash because it starts smelling bad. I don't identify with it at all. Do women "feel" sexy, the way I "see" them as sexy? Or do they have the same feelings as I do, and they only secondarily and abstractly learn to value their own beauty to men?

When are we going to kill Cliff?

No need to. He’s an irrelevant charlatan that contributes absolutely nothing to lit crit

He has been dead for a long time, my friend. All his videos are prerecorded and posted up by his sociopath wife who is collected the funds from his videos and Patreon account. Meanwhile she puts up a façade with his family and friends like a grieving whore. And they all know what's happening but refuse to act as it might ruin their son's reputation. Cliff himself has spoken to me several times from the afterlife telling me to expose the truth on Veeky Forums. Last night he came to me in a dream butt-naked and terrified and this is the first time I've decided to speak out. Cliff is dead. His wife is a complete and utter whore. Cliff told me to point out the dead look in his eyes in his videos. Cliff is right to point out that his eyes look like that because once someone actually dies all recordings of them are dead too inwardly. Cliff says his beard is perkier and thicker in the afterlife and that he has never had erections so hard since he was 13 in puberty at an inner city school starting at the tits Shaniqua Latifitta Johnson. He is also on nofap day 35 too. Cliff wanted to remind everyone that sometimes books are hard. Sometimes you want to quit and just throw your books out the window like Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook but that you just have to keep trudging on because if you put your book down and go out into the real world you might actually meet a woman and there is a 90% chance she is a whore who will kill you in your sleep after fucking your best friend and then proceed to keep releasing your prerecorded YouTube videos for money while lying to everyone around you. Anyways, he says hi to Veeky Forums too and wants to let everyone know that his haters are his motivators. That's all, anons.

It's a tricky question because he wrote some short stories that can easily be categorized as nouvelles, including those, he wrote 74. I have an ebook with all his short stories(that's where im taking that number from) but I doubt it will be of any use to you as it is translated to spanish.

>he has never had erections so hard since he was 13
I thought all you can maintain in the afterlife is your name?

Cliff claims he'll start visiting other members of Veeky Forums. Keep your eyes open and hail him as he approaches. Perhaps he'll give you the answers you seek.

what do you guys use as bookmarks?

I mostly just use a random piece of paper...

I have 5 from bookdepository

I don't think many people see their body as a meat vessel. People don't separate their experiences from the self, and those who do are mentality I'll. There're people who like to take showers just for the sake of it.
Have you ever felt sexy as man? It's the same thing to both genders. Feeling sexy is a mental state of power, because you know can make the other submit somehow. Now I ask you, how do you see women as sexy?

Mary Sues are shitty characters that are hugely overpowered and all-around overly perfect.

What are some great characters in literature who are immensely underpowered and worthless?

Best books to learn russian? Interested in speaking and hearing it before learning to read and write it, their alphabet to be specific.

I have the exact same question but about Kipling. How many short stories did the guy write, and is there a good compilation out there?

in Anna Karenina; how the fuck did Vronski suddenly become so rich? I don’t believe I missed something

I go back and forth between thinking I'm hot shit and feeling like I look like a lumpy grub. I'm 5'4'' and 125, which feels "fat" to me. Skinnier is always better when it comes to my self-perception, even though I get more male attention as I am now b/c of where I gain weight. It depends entirely on my mood desu.

Should I read the Canterbury Tales in order or just pick random pilgrims' tales?

note that this estimate isn’t particularly useful considering how much work he destroyed, both at the end of his life and during it

I use the little squares from movie ticket stubs, they give you like 8 per movie

Will lifting get me a qt lit gf

No but it might get you some Veeky Forums boipussi

Should I get the complete works of Plato on Hackett or search for individual translations?
>inb4 learn Greek

I only read e books
user it's 2018

>I mostly just use a random piece of paper
this is the right way, anything else is just pretentious

doing something to avoid being pretentious is pretentious you fuck
i just use the bookmark free bookmarks they give me when i buy the books

Anyone who would tell you to learn greek is trolling. No one here knows it.

What should I read to challenge my moral nihilism? I'm the type that believes there is no justification for all moral values.

get a noose

no

If you want them all, Hackett is the academic standard.

h b t yraid ym

how do you experience attraction towards somebody? What are the things you focus on?

the intertextual continuity is not important if you just wanna have fun, as each tale is independent

not that user but for me it's a quickening of pulse and a feeling of momentary breathlessness, like something in my throat jumps. it is not the feel of a crest on a roller coaster. it is more like the feeling of fright i get when i notice a large bug on my arm. but then this immediately subsides into a warmth that washes over me.

there are many different aspects of attraction. if physical, i focus on the person's body or face. if i am talking to them i focus on their voice. if i am watching them do something i focus on the precise shape and movement of their body in action. if i am observing them talk to others, i focus on the way others react to them.

Broad shoulders are to men what wide hips are to women. Height is nice but I think men overestimate its importance. The wrong style can turn me off completely even if the person would be physically appealing otherwise.
Appearance matters, but it's part of a whole. It's easy for me to imagine how I'd know I was straight if I were blind. I notice voices, scent, and a general "masculine" demeanor (that's probably very different from what most guys imagine a masculine demeanor to be since my type is seemingly straight guys that were bullied for being gay in high school). But my fantasies are primarily tactile with non-specific "proto-visual" placeholders + imagining how he sees me. If I have a specific person in mind (crush, boyfriend) I can fill in more detail but it's not necessary at all. I can turn myself on more by taking photos of myself than looking at pictures of random dudes.

Would this board be a good place to ask about military science literature or should I head to /k/ for this?

try me bro

I'm struggling to understand Nietzsche's Beyond Good & Evil. Am I just retarded or is it a bad first choice philosophy book? If so, where should I look first?

THE GREEKS

Seriously, don't jump in with Nietzsche, read a history of western philosophy firs. Get the general ideas in context and see (broadly) how things build off each other

Thank you.

This image is where I should start then?

I don't think so, giving yourself so much to read before you can get to the philosophers that personally interest you seems like a way to kill your passion. Anthony Kenny's History of Western Philosophy is good. After that, see who interests you, try reading them, and go backwards if you sense significant gaps in your knowledge. You're doing this for yourself, it should be enjoyable

>go backwards if you sense significant gaps in your knowledge
Definitely noticed this during Beyond Good & Evil, but I'll check that book out. Thank you.

Yeah, the number of stories he wrote is impossible to know, but he asked how many stories were out there, not how many he wrote.

The Iliad and The Odyssey are just the ancient Greek equivalent of capeshit.

>The female orgasm is a myth.

I want to read Kafka, but I don't want to buy multiple books. Are there any editions that have everything included, all of his short stories and novels together?

I just use whatever I found lying around.

used toilet paper

I have started with the Greeks and have a basic understanding, now I want to read Stirner because of memes. What knowledge do I need to fill in with before I start?

Hegel.

I want to know all the culture (from science, philosohpy, lit to visual arts, world history, music, anthropology, languages, food, places, etc).

Any suggestion/book recommendation? Please

My dick

Maybe I will start my own thread but I haven't browsed this board since it was brand new and I wholly except this to be some entry level shit I'll get torn into for but fuck it.

I have a lot of Bukowski's work and I like to read them regularly on my phone when I'm down but last few weeks my love life has been actually looking up and it's all too bleak now. I want some recommendation for erotic poets. Romantic or sleazy I don't mind as long as they at least once in a while stir up some genuine passion. Maybe even erotica in general too.

I bought a collection on the strength of Pinterests recommendation and I was kinda disappointed so I'm hoping you can help.

A collection of Michael Faudet's poems. I should say.

Did you all know Jordan Peterson's new book is on Audiobook Bay?

Wikipedia.

Should we normalize LGQBT and embrace the activities of such in public? For example, a normal couple can kiss in public (I'd feel kind of annoyed but it's still acceptable), should a gay couple do that as well? I mean, for the latter, it's not normal and obviously many people would get fucking creep out, whereas the former only invoke minor annoyance for most. This is not a question that only applies to LGQBT either, you can also apply to nerd culture and question whether is it fine to geek it out in public.
Personally, I think it is fine as long as you do it within a public space that accepts it. But if we hadn't fought for the normalization of such activities in the first place, then would that public space exist?

Also, we should allow problematic themes being explored in art, obviously, but is there a right way to criticize these art without coming off as "stop exploring problematic themes"?
I ask this because I see this is what the people on both political spectrum always try to do. For example, a politically incorrect work will obviously get a lot of flak, and likewise, an overly politically correct work will also get the treatment from the other side. Consumers will demand the creator to stop creating problematic content like that and I do think it's a sort of expression, reaction, criticism whether they are trying to advance an agenda or not but it always annoys me because it feels like they are trying to shut these creators off. How can I reconcile these 2 problems?
Personally, there is art that I find disagreeable as well but I tend to not consume them, and when I do, I try to look at it at its own light, ignoring my dislike for it, at best I'd comment that "I don't like/agree with this subject but well, I think it's well/badly argued/demonstrated/executed". Am I doing it right or am I doing it wrong? (because I actively disregard my bias when it comes to thing I don't like)?

I think the main crux of all these problems are that I can't agree with the way some people go with their life, I see mine as better, yet at the same time mine is not perfect and I'm well aware that if we want the betterment for all, the people I dislike and I must both exist until we find a better alternative.
Should I just make a new thread about this?

Life is not worth living.

Anybody got the edits for some Philip K. Dick books with lots of "dick"s?

Maybe you're right. Living as a reluctantly idealistic conformist is hard.

When we were young my mum took us to Harrods. The only things we could afford were the bookmarks they sell at the counter, so I use that for one book and scraps of paper for others (that is, when I'm reading more than one simultaneously).

Does anyone know where to get pdfs of foreign school manuals? I happen to require one but I am not paying 50 fucking bucks plus shipping for one flimsy manual.
I have never "pirated" a book before so I have no idea where to start looking even, any help would be appreciated.

Plz

Which book from my eternal backlog should I buy/read next?
>Satantango (Krasnahorkai)
>The Lime Twig (Hawkes)
>The Power and the Glory (Greene)
>The Idiot (Dost)
Read Thus Spoke Zarathustra first, BGE is mostly a continuation of the philosophy introduced by TSZ's narrative. Since it's a story and not just walls of rambling it's much easier for people new to Neetchee.
You probably want to have an at least basic understanding of historical stuff
is a good start but IN MY OPINION a layman doesn't need anything except The First Philosophers and Plato/Aristotle as long as you're at least familiar with the hero archetype and all that.
A few of my friends have had luck with SlugBooks, gotten $300+ books for 20ish, but I've never found deals on any of mine.
You can find a few popular ones on torrent sites and I imagine there are more specific ones out there but I'm not realy knowledgeable about them, I usually just suck it up and buy the physical ones since pdfs are suck a pain.
The textbook industry is some high-level Jewry.

pleb here

what else is out there that is similar to Bukowski but not shit?

Power and the Glory is noice

Does anybody know if there's a book of annotations or contextualization for Nabokov's Ada?

Google gave me nothing, there's a website though but that's not very practical :
ada.auckland.ac.nz/

It seems like there isn't much scholarship on Ada either, anyone know why that is?

Holden Caufield.

>buying books

go to the library mate

I like a comprehensive Russian grammar by Wade

someone please give me some recs

So I'm trying to get fit. What exercises do I need to do? I don't want to do just what I guess is right, because I don't want to be swole in some areas while super weak with some of my other muscles.

is that leffen

Read Bordiga

What work of his is related to what I asked about? I don't want to wade through tons of unrelated communist shit to get what I'm looking for

not even gonna say anything except (you)

ignore the general population, it consists of ignoramuses, retards, and proles. stand up for yourself and those you believe in. that's all there is to this problem of yours.

no lmao it's a girl from my local town you ruined my ideal die

In A Perfect Day for Bananafish, is Bananafish a metaphor for someone who went to war and can't handle it afterwards?

I've gone through the archive and found warosu.org/lit/thread/S9547921#p9548102 which makes sense too. But I thought the jungle was a metaphor for war and the bananas for people you've killed during the war and the banana fever is his PTSD.

And what's the point of the Eskimo story? I didn't quite get it. Immediately after reading I thought the girl fell in love with the brother but then I read in the archive that the brother was was a homosexual. Where does that come from?

>the blurb of the foreword spoils the book
Why ?

Le Morte d'Arthur tells you Arthur dies right in the title, I saw no disappearance of my enjoyment. If the book is worth reading this is a non-issue.

Hey Veeky Forums, I have a question. If I had posted here a fragment that belongs to my book, I will no longer be able to publish it?

You can still publish it. It's your work.

Does anyone else admire that scene near the end of Notes From Underground where the narrator sorta has a break-down ending in him crying for a quarter-of-an-hour? Something about it is so true to life and relate-able that it is painful, probably the one thing that keeps me going knowing that there are others like him out there, that we're not alone in the universe.

Is it worth it to read Spengler's Decline of the West?
Is it outdated, wrong or will I learn a lot from it?

I just picked up Fanged Noumena, as an interlibrary loan, but don;t have the time to read it all. What are the major works to read in order to get a sense of accelerationism and his role as a provocateur? - nick land

Are there any acrostic poems that are actually good or is it really just a shitty gimmick?

I’m about to finish Meditiations By Aurelius and want to read some fiction before I go on to The Republic. Which of pic related should I read based on your own personal preference?

Only Dubliners is really worth it. Dune is your average ER Burroughs sci fi adventure with shallow thematic pretensions. Catch 22 is good or awful depending on what you think of the novel's one joke it does for 500 pages.
Buk was inspired by Fante who is decent and himself inspired by Hamsun who is fantastic. And there's always Celine and Miller in that same vein, Selby's Last Exit to Brooklyn for that sad and dirty urbanity, and Carver for the minimal terse prose and alcoholism.
one at a time boy
Clausewitz

Cyclic models and an universal human history aren't terribly popular among present day philosophy of history.

But I posted here as anonymous. Can I only self-publish it?

are there any pretty booktube girls with Veeky Forums approved taste?

Spengler is probably more relevant today than he has been since the immediate decades of the book's publication, because the circumstances of that original popularity have been almost completely reconstituted in recent decades. The vague milieu of Kulturpessimismus that Spengler appealed to, which included Wittgenstein and Heidegger as well as all conservative revolutionaries and esoteric fascists in the interwar period, was not just looking for prognosticators of a murky future, or political license to embrace some kind of imperialist manifest destiny. They were trapped in a German idealist weltanschauung that fundamentally sees cultures in terms of morphological analogy that is ultimately derived from romantic idealism, and epitomized by Goethe (who was Spengler's maître à penser).

Not only has this paradigm not been shattered, much less sublated or transcended, despite decades of sad attempts by French poststructuralists to transgress it by merely distending it, the conditions that made it especially urgent in the 1920s-1940s have returned with a vengeance. This includes the horrific back-and-forth that world-historical thinkers experience, in modern posthistoire, between "dead" (because machinic) mechanism and "dead" (because infirm) morphology of Spirit. This limbo between two forms of death encourages transgression, of any kind whatsoever, which ultimately becomes hopeless, mythopoeic gnosticism, and thereby fascism.

If you are interested in the intellectual history of European decadence, or in general in the crisis of the anthropocene and how this century will almost certainly be the end of humanity's spiritual destiny, Spengler is a very important touchstone, almost a paradigm case of the panicked cri de cœur of the morphological thinker. What he represents has not only begun again but is accelerating and getting even weirder this time around. If you are interested in understanding what's going on, you're going to have to read all the people who freaked out the last time around anyway, people who all took Spengler's basic outlook very seriously, or at least shared his vision of the writing on the wall.

>People don't separate their experiences from the self, and those who do are mentality I'll.

Wrong and uninformed pseud opinion.

Is Stoner by John Williams hard to read ? English is my second language. To compare, i'm reading Moby Dick and i find it quite challenging.

You should be able to prove it's yours. Don't you have a date on the work itself that predates you posting it on here?

Honestly, I doubt anyone will see it again let alone make a connection.

There's no way they can prove it through my ip connection? thanks by the way, I was wondering just in case.