Why are esoteric writers so confident that the supersensible realm is benign...

Why are esoteric writers so confident that the supersensible realm is benign, especially when they think it is populated by other entities?

Evola describes his otherworldly and supersensible experiences as joyous and calm. But I think theosophy and anthroposophy talk about the possibility of demonic entities, faustian shit. And I'm sure Christianity would say that consorting with any entity is dangerous, especially if that entity presents itself as benign.

They make a distinction between psychic phenomena and spiritual/intellectual phenomena. I mean it obviously depends which "esoteric writers" you're talking about, but given the pic of Evola's book I'm guessing you mean the traditionalists. You should read Guenon's work if you want a clearer and more thorough explanation.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

Theosophists have guessed at the awesome grandeur of the cosmic cycle wherein our world and human race form transient incidents. They have hinted at strange survivals in terms which would freeze the blood if not masked by a bland optimism. But it is not from them that there came the single glimpse of forbidden aeons which chills me when I think of it and maddens me when I dream of it. That glimpse, like all dread glimpses of truth, flashed out from an accidental piecing together of separated things—in this case an old newspaper item and the notes of a dead professor. I hope that no one else will accomplish this piecing out; certainly, if I live, I shall never knowingly supply a link in so hideous a chain.

Well just in general I've read very little from traditionalists and theosophists, and spiritists and the rest of those types, that is anything other than positive or curious about otherworldly beings. There is almost never a sense that the supersensible realm could be hostile, or even as "hostile" as any foreign country full of strange creatures might be.

Guenon has more of a metaphysical framework, so I understand him. I mean more occult figures.

Well the hostile spirits would still be their even if we ignored them, preying on us in the night like wolves used to do every so often in medieval European towns, coming in from the forest in the dark to prey on the sickly. The human spirit aims to conquer or die in the attempt.

>implying mankind's destiny is not to transcend its biological limitation thanks to cybernetics and bio-engineering, granting itself access to something more than our current reality

>Christianity would say that consorting with any entity is dangerous, especially if that entity presents itself as benign.
According to Christianity, yes, all occult practice is inseparably linked to demons/evil spirits.

Other people/beings/whatever are generally about as nice to you as you are to them.

>synthetic a posteriori statement being passed off as synthetic a priori

What a bottomlessly stupid post.

>Implying that your bland optimism will lead to a future beyond the moon.

>we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

Why

cybernetics and space travel are such brainlet memes. Humanity will continue to conquer reality as is its manifest destiny, but it will be by creating new types of drugs to control qualia on a minute to minute and second to second basis, ultimately to the point where we can control them like em waves, leading to god knows what.

Humanity won't conquer reality. Only westerners think that way and they are on the way out.

Even Evola writes about the dangers at the beginning of spiritual enlightenment, during the nigredo phase (in his book on tantra), as does Jung and the Taoists, and any spiritual writers that are not faking it. Once a person gets through that phase, life is a game and a hunt for the finish line. The nigredo puts all other potentially fearful things in perspective (the right perspective). Anyone that believes in Hollywood-type demons is full of shit. The spirits and demons that legitimate writers describe are not independent entities like the Hollywood type. My 2 cents

Well achieve near infinity lifespan by making time stretching drugs that will make one minute feel like 100 years. Typw of drug will determine the cycles you go by, ans then therell be guys at 100 years per hour, per minute, per second. Each of those are irreconciliable, so you only interact with other people in the same cycle type.

What are those demons then?

It might go deeper than that though if we can truly figure out how to manipulate qualia through physical means. We could case study schizo's and figure out how to manifest their individual realities on a groupwide scale. We could project our own psyche willfully into the physical world.

We could fantasize all day, then gasp in horror at death's approach.

>We could project our own psyche willfully into the physical world
But we already do? Its called our life. Theres nothing there that we havent invoked in some way.

Part of what Jung would call the shadow, the rejected aspect and of the self that a person hasn’t assimilated into the self. Jung believed that these contents had some sort of agency, but I don’t think he believed that a ‘spirit’ that interacts with person A can also interact with person B, because it is only a part of person A’s self. But Jung is a bit on the extreme side by saying that these contents have agency and personality. Others don’t go that far, but I think all the good thinkers believe the same things on the subject even if they use different words.

we do but it's random, not controlled by our thoughtstream.

yes, i get what youre going at. ive imagined that in life we have that power, but, since theres 7 billion minds fantasizing for shit to come true, you only get part of what you ask for, or a deformed version of it.

>implying civilisation won't collapse long before then
Western civilization might but I bet the chinese will be the ones to lead

It isnt