I've always been a pleb growing up and didnt read much...

I've always been a pleb growing up and didnt read much, but lately I have wanting to get into reading some good fiction but dont know where to start. I really enjoyed reading GRRM Game of Thrones series and looking for something similar.

I started reading Name of The Wind and am enjoying it, but its definitely a lot different. I have heard some good things about the Mistborn series, but whats the best fantasy series to read after GRRM stuff?

why don't you try some a work with real literally value? i guarantee youll not go back

Like what? I dont even know where to begin.

I'm "literally" laughing at this response

______ ____ ___ ______

What did you like about A Song of Ice and Fire?

I kind of liked the fantasy setting with the betrayal and gruesome scenarios and whatnot.

How old are you, son?

Reddit might be better for you.

what? he didn't say ennui enough for you?

GREEKS.

Stormlight Archive, by the author of Mistborn is a great series and the third book is already out. If you like better gruesome situations you may look for J Abercrombie or A Sapkowski. If you just want good stories and great characters you may read B Sanderson, J Butcher, UK Le Guin, Ken Liu....

The black company

I enjoyed reading the name of the wind when I read it, you should know this board regards it as trash

something from your country

"Try something with real literary value"
Why don't you name something then? The guy comes here asking, then you pull this shit because you have nothing else.
What a little punk bitch

BOOK OF THE NEW SUN
then wheel of time or malazan book of the fallen

Sir, please do not abuse me on this anonymous message board or I will be forced to report you to the admin.

The Worm Ouroboros is considered literary canon, I think. Outside of Not a whole lot of high fantasy is considered literary canon. With that said, just because something is pulpy doesn't mean it's devoid of all value.

It's one of my favorite fantasy (soon to be) trilogies
Who cares what Veeky Forums says, if you are enjoying it, keep going.
A shame he is taking so long to finish the last book (7 years already if I'm not mistaken)

As for recommendations, I also loved the Mistborn trilogy, and Im currently reading Gardens of the Moon. Only 150 into it, still not enjoying it

Start with the Greeks.

The Malazan book of The Fallen is great.

What does literary canon mean

That book is stupid as shit

indeed desu, I just read half of it, the story is basically an OP guy who overcomes anything just because he's OP and the protagonist, end of it. I don't really understand how this book has been such a success

Don't worry OP, I too like Chronicles of Ice and Fire. If you enjoy fantasy, maybe you should try the classic Lord of the Rings.
Maybe you will enjoy Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, and others.
Try going beyond the fantasy genre
Althought I never read it, people usualy say that The King of Elfland's Daughter is said to be a classic of fantasy.

>he never have read the illiads
>muh i like fantasy
pleb
P L E B

Fight me, coward.

>literally

What did he mean by this?

>the absolute state of Veeky Forums in Anno Domini MMXVIII

The Book of the New Sun