How much time do you dedicate to read daily? and to write? how much you read/wrote this month already?

How much time do you dedicate to read daily? and to write? how much you read/wrote this month already?

Today I think I must have read for like 3 hours.

All non-fiction.

I learned Jean-Jacques Rousseau's Emile begins by trying to teach you how to raise a baby. O.o

Sadly, not enough. As in none.

i was doing 50 pages a day but that was an easy book and im getting a bit burnt out. now i think ill keep it to around 20-30.

>an easy book
I love when those come around. Like it's not too taxing to read or anything? Yeah absolutely love that.

I'm usually reading complex literature but every now and then I'll treat myself to some easier thing.

i can only read about 60 pages of a novel at a time before i start glazing over, i'm hoping i can keep that pace up when i start gravity's rainbow this week but from what i've heard i'll have a hard time with that. i also read a passage of whitman a day, the same one for a week so i memorize it, doing song of myself all year

I miss reading fiction. Used to do 100-200 pages on a good day. Been grinding through harder stuff this past year. Down to 10 pages, 20 if I'm lucky.

I'm on summer break so I usually read 3-6 hours a day.

yeah its a nice breather. i do the same thing (alternate) as well.
>tfw break is up and classes start tomorrow
just fuck my reading average up senpai

I'll read 50-100 pages each day, I rarely write anymore.

I've been putting aside an hour or two to read recommended readings for the courses so I'll have more time to read and learn Russian throughout the year. What are you studying, guy?

The way I do it is I alternate between longer and shorter books. So, when I finished Moby Dick I moved onto Dubliners

>How much time do you dedicate to read daily?
About hour and a half.
>and to write?
I've never wrote anything myself, since high school assignments. Where do you even begin? Do you start with writing fiction?

>Do you start with writing fiction?
Thats what im doing
Started my first attempt at a book a few days ago, 13 pages into the first draft
I'm enjoying it, but it means I dont really have time to read other stuff

I would feel very stupid if started to write my own fiction, since i can barely express my thoughts. What about writing reviews? will it improve my prose?

I wrote about 12000 words this month and read maybe ten books. I've been having trouble sleeping for some reason.

4 hours a day everyday. Sometimes I take a day or too off.

Writing, not more than 2 hours.

Write a series of short fiction reviews
Make your protagonist write reviews of locations/things in this world for his outlet, so you can stick to a simple review format but also practice world-building a bit

business major, so all my school reading is for accounting and economics related material. dreadfully boring.
short stories, reviews, essays.

Used to read at least 2 hours and day and writing at least 1 hour

Got really sick, now I'm better but still can't get to my old routine

I read and write whenever I feel like it. Sometimes I read 400 pages a day, sometimes 0. Sometimes I write 10000 words a day, sometimes 0. I think focussing on when and how long you do a certain activity only convolutes the whole process.

>10000 words a day
Are those the days you do cocaine?

Bet you one of those ADHD kids who don't even remember what the book was even about 1 day after you finish them

Anyone here currently assisting to university? How do you manage to get spare time to read?

I'm enrolled in a master's program. Honestly it's really cramping my style. I habe to dedicate a lot of time to reading textbook material and essays, which leaves little for pleasure reading. I can't wait to be done with it all.

not him, but 10000 is easy on weed and a nice drunk.

I'm studying STEM. The things that I have to read are pretty dry sometimes and sadly I have little spare time to read what I want.

Still just seems like an insane pace
I started writing recently and im struggling to do 1000 a day

so you wasted 3 hours of your life?

This is me, I even abuse adderall to get through school

Anyone have advice for reading more efficiently?

Sometimes I find it impossible to keep going for more than 20-60 pages in a day, and other days I'll really love the book and finish it in a few hours.

I'm thinking of experimenting with Nootropics, since I've noticed great effects from taking caffeine pills and L-Theanine before reading. I also generally try to read in absolute silence (i.e. top floor of school libraries, empty classrooms, etc).

I joined a book club that reads about 50 pages per week, was pretty fun and kept me motivated. Mostly was philosophy but some classical literature.

I also just make times, idk how to say it better. I carry a book with me and whenever I have spare minutes before class or whatever I'll read 5 pages or so, it really adds up. I also don't really sleep much, so that helps

Have a minimal page and milestone setting
>Example
10 pages least, and reading in 5 and 5 bunch
So if you stop in 10 pages but wanna go on, you have to commit yourself to 5 more pages at least

Don't try to read much more than you can handle, you will be just skipping pages, create a habit first, then with the time you start increasing volume, for a regular shitter who reads 0 pages a day, to consistently read 10+ pages and absorb them is impossible

Also don't be afraid to re-read a page in case you just unconsciously half-assed it

Depends what else I'm doing. If I have some non-literary project that takes priority, it comes first. I could spend half the day reading. Alternatively, I could spend half the day pricking my fingers with a needle as I work out a new pattern for a fabric craft item.

>read
I try to not fall below 30 pages every day but it depends on how much other shit I have going on
>write
I try to not fall below 1000 words etc.

Thanks user, gonna try that

Fuck, you got me.

It depends, I guess I read like 50 pages on a good day.

I can't write 4 verses without feeling like a piece of shit

I have a two part system to reading. I will devote 50% of my time reading and then another 50% improving my reading method and habits. If I am reading books where I must take notes, then it is a completely different approach involving staged review and analysis.

Currently, on account of working full-time, I do about 2 hours of audiobooks and 10-50 pages of real reading each day.

Usually a couple of hours a day, alternating between a tough book and a easier/more enjoyable book after I start to get burnt out.

Read between classes and on the bus/train/whatever other pretentious area you can think of. Might only get in a couple pages but they add up.

50 pages minimum, write once a week for 1-3 hours

>4 verses
Poem doesn't count as writing desu

Not him but one of those retards here, does anyone know how can I improve my retention of information? I have to reread something 3 or 4 times just for it to stick in my brain for more than 30 seconds and even then after a few weeks I've forgotten about it. It's extremely frustrating.

Space the book into portions over time.
Make sure you care about what you are reading.
Pause and think about it to make sure you fully comprehend it.
It's natural to forget half of what you're studying over the course of a year.
Human memory is just deplorable.