Post the five men that influenced your life more than others

post the five men that influenced your life more than others

cioran x5 unfortunately

>њeгoш
kys lol

My father, my grandfather, my brother, my second teacher, my best friend.

Incredible post.

Is the first one Ariosto or some greek I don't know about ?

Heraclitus

What if it are women?

Plato influenced you? how?

Plato didnt influence you? how?

Stefan Molyneux
Jordan Peterson
Alex Jones
Lauren Southern (legally a man in Canada!!)
Friedrich Nietzche

5/10 for lack of effort

Dad
Granddad
CS Pierce
Bookchin
Mom

Would it have been better if I threw in a few tripfags?

The opposite. The best approach would have been to put in some important sounding people with contradicting ideas for that extra dose of pseud.
Hope this helps you improve your future shitposting.

at 13 roman abramovich made me obsessed with getting rich when i saw his yacht irl
then at 14 victor pride (some masculinity blog dude) made me aware of my manliness and the problems of the modern world
then at 15 elon musk made me obsessed with being superior and intelligent
then at 16 whoever made warhammer 40k made me love humanity more than anything else
then at 18 julius evola completed my spiritual maturation

Thoreau
Cioran
Augustine
Ovid
Pessoa

>Plato

Oh yeah I'm sure you go about discoursing about forms and politics to your brethren.

Tim Ferriss
Dostoevsky
James Joyce
Marcel Proust
Aristotle

FH Bradley
Spinoza
Montaigne
Sun Tzu (or whoever authored the Art of War)
Zhuangzi

All the men who have had their way with me

What does that mean ?

I know this is bait but this makes my neurons fire so hard

my dad desu

My dad
My dog
DH Lawrence
My old Texan lawyer boss
My friends

>DH Lawrence
Is there any point in reading him if you've never had gf or kissytime with girl

era cuánto?

Yeshayahu Leibowitz
Friedrich Nietzsche
Rene Guenon
Dostoevsky
Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

Dostoevsky
Seneca
Kirkegaard
Napoleon (read his life extensively)
Muhammed PBUH

>All this Nietzsche

If he had really influenced you then you would reject any influences.

Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

keked

Jordan Peterson
Joe Rogan
Sam Harris
Richard Dawkins
Christopher Hitchens

marcel proust
tolstoy
petrarch
leibniz
sam harris

perfection

>OP thinks you can know what your influences are in a coherent narrative forming way
>OP didn't even read a full volume text by each of his so-called influences
>OP likes to have an assortment of strong, varied influences-- different from your influences, surely, thus making him unique.
>OP doesn't realize this whole "look at my influences" thing is a tricky blend of self-obsessing and self-congratulating.

Nietzsche, Dogen, Confucious, Lil Pump, (probs lil pump again)

yeah pretty much, but I also didn't mean in the sense of self developing, not even in a coherent narrative. Just people who "really made me think"
I mean, Heraclitus made me think about dialectics, Plato made me develop an intrest in philosophy, Kierkegaard to know general lines of character development and the last two (Njegoš and Miljković) made me love poetry.

Niccolò Machiavelli
Edmund Burke
Thomas Carlyle
Henry David Thoreau
H.L. Mencken

I have eight major influences.

Homer
Plato
Sophocles
Aristotle
Epictetus
Shakespeare
Fariduddin Attar
Imam Ghazali

Sam Harris
Dan Dennett
Lawrence Krauss
Steven Pinker
Peter Singer

>њeгoш
what is wrong with him

Friedrich Nietzsche
Leszek Kolakowski
David Hume
Immanuel Kant
Jonathan Haidt

Other people don't influence my mind this strongly you weak niggers

Then why are you able to understand this post and why are you reading it in your head with an English internal voice?

My father, Seneca, Marcus Aurelius, Kirkegard, Kant

>Tfw most of my biggest influences have been women

Cicero
Friedrich Nietzsche
Carl Jung
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Joseph Campbell

It was a toss-up between Campbell and Plato, but that Monomyth has changed everything for me

Basically this plus Kierkegaard

Michael Herr.

What he said in the documentary "first kill" pushed me over the edge into joining the Marines.

Dispatches is criminally underrated.

>not a single black man
Why the racism?

but all of these people but Kierkegaard are black

Jung
Plato
Heidegger
Richard Dean Anderson
some random homeless guy who told me god loved me at a run down train station in Baltimore

>this’ll show em!

Jacob Grimm
Friedrich Nietzsche
Julius Evola
Adolf Hitler
Varg Vikernes

I know that feeling

boot up the program and here we go entering cyberworld our new home with flashing new lights from the spheres of digitality. Unbuckle yourself and step out of your wardrobe this is your new life

geez i said and looked at my girlfriend who had come with me. She was very nice with her blonde hair and i liked how she was awestruck by the digital grid and all that was placed on it in front of us. Her heair was golden blonde and in her eyes were a thousand daggers of steel ready to kill which is a reflection of cyberworld. She turned to me and said: IT's really beautiful isn't it. Yeah i said and took a walk with her hand in my hands as we were walking on the grids just being pure light with human silhouetes then and moving through the grid as the stars or whatever it was twisted themselves in manifold ways above and below us. But we were alone. Is it just our world i asked and she said no we are connected to the whole cyberspace in cyberworld but there is protection. Maybe we are just in a secluded area? yeah i nodded and went at her side as we walked through cliffs of models on our side. Her hands were in my hands then and it made me chuckle to think that she was feeling me and i was feeling her for suddenly i grew aware of a supreme intimicay in this shared touch. Shall we sit down i courteously proposed and got my lunch paket out of the rucksack. There were green meadows stretched out in front of us with elves from ireland doing dances in the distance yet we would not disturb them for the consequences are harmful and you should never underestimate the effects of such things told me my father back in the day. He said that superstitions were there for a reason. There were truths being buried in the magical appearance so just as to make sure you should subscribe to honouring the rules which they impose as to keep a peaceful and quiet life. Wow look at these she said while looking. i smiled blankly because i was satisfied and looked at what she meant which was a horde of reindeer moving in very strange ways, rather teleporting with very irregular animations past us above the green meadows. There's a big nice rainbow over the green meadows i noticed and made my girlfriend aware of it. She responded with quietness which caused an abyss of emptiness of opening up inside me. Had i perhaps said something wrong? Had i perhaps ruined the moment with my intervention of transforming the moment into language and pointing at it or was it perhaps some repressed anger from other situations which was no expressing itself? I said to her: Why are you being quiet right now, it makes me fearful that i may lose you and it makes me angry because i feel weak and impotent and as if you could betray me at any moment, just as if our feelings had never been there. You betrayed all of our feelings with all of these fucking lies you spout again and again, so how could i ever possibly trust you? And do you realize how much i suffer from it, to be disappointed so terribly by you

I spit hot fire

peterson
molyneux
harris
dawkins
sagan

why your father tho?

>>Tfw most of my biggest influences have been women
I think I've got a pretty crack team assembled here

I just assumed the men thing was a general statement, like he as a gender neutral pronoun

Me before I graduated highschool or finished a book. Anarchism is for babbies, not even joking.

Except one of those men is a woman and another one is a drawing

James Joyce
Franz Kafka
Osamu Dazai
Raymond Carver
Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky

Mencken's good
Good list

>Ovid
>Proust
>Shakespeare
>Montaigne
>Plato
>Seneca
>Schopenhauer

>Spinoza
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

it's pretty cold out here i must tell you. there are little to no cars out in the streets at the moment for it is night. it is as i estimate 3 AM. but here are some machines playing their games next o me. Wahooosh bha bhaaaaa weewoo weeeeee bawooosh bha deeeeeeeee deeeeeee weeee deeeeeeee whmmmmmwhmmmmmwhmmm tarararataratarataratara tatatatata weeeeeeeeem a lot of noises like these are echoing inside my skull and sometimes i can hear a voice from outer space throughout the noise telling me about secrets of the world. It stresses me a bit and it's cold i really need a place to sleep i believe because the coldness this god damn coldness makes me shrivel up like nothing else i feel like my body is withdrawing from my soul somewhat expanding outward even moving away from my being or perhaps it's my soul shriveling up and losing contact with the world outside me my thoughts growing ever more prominent and even now i am realizing that there is a distinct and articulated voice saying all of these words inside my head. I am witnessing my own monologue my own process of thinking, i am verbalizing it as if narrating through my thought and this is part of it and this is part of it and this is part of it and this is part of it and this is part of it it truly never ends and this is part of it too it's a neverending story so to say but it's cold i can do something about that even though i should not jump into that river as alluring as it may seem because the river is even colder inside and will make me die an unpleasant death not that death needs to be pleasant but i don't long for death AND I CERTAINLY DON'T CARE HOW YOU JUDGE ME MORALLY FOR ABSTAINING FROM SUICIDE IT'S NOT COWARDICE TO LIVE IT'S NOT MOVING AWAY FROM MY VALUES AND JUDGEMENTS OF THE WORLD. i am a life affirming person that is a fact and it is expressed in me clinging onto life with every last bit of power i can move to my nails cutting into the steel as my fingers bleed. I am a life affirming person and am sure that things will become better again. besides: This coldness is it not a testament to my enjoyment to my fulfillment when satisfied? And not much is needed you see, i may feel unhappy or dissatisfied but in truth i am merely struck by some absolute ignorance because never did this unhappyness feel the way the coldness does feel now now that i have no place to sleep and am not properly dressed for this time of the year. I must even acknowledge that i do not feel hunger but the terrible hunger inside me has become an expression of something diferent rather it has lost it's specialized appearance to confront me with my inner most natural life affirmation: My bOdy, and i am My bOdy wants to live. I want to live. The painful clenching inside my stomach is wantingtoliveness not any other kind of emotion. I just heard songs inside my head while thinking these things but i can not concentrate on them because of this constant humming of electricity and the ships in the dockyards and the pigeons

loool lololol XD

Oh I'm more of a minarchist than anarchist, I appreciate your point tho. These are just my influences. Do you have recs for me? I'm an open minded person.

Ill have you know 2 of those are drawings

His nose is hurting quite a bit, also his nose is running, drops running down his mouth and tasting satly perhaps. He's crying too but it's not tears of sadness rather some kind of neurochemological procastrination of the tearsystem letting it all run lose down his faceness onto the sheets on which he's laying deeply entangled into blankets and warmthproviding machineries of human origins as the sun has fallen off the earth and now dwells belows it as to warm the underlivers but not the overlivers in the north where we live.

Certainly he knows what he is to do and that is to push away the warmtproviding machineries and open the 3 windows as to let the coldness move into the room and lay still and awake and freeze, freeze in the night with his sickness expanding and his immune system breaking down being unable to maintain the body head without great excess, as such giving the bacteria and virae less of a beating but rather getting beaten itself and the infection spreading furtherly and the body heating up even more as to contain it as to maintain the hleath of the body. He knew that this was what he was supposed to do, it felt truly right. He reflected on this and acknowledged that there was no kind of natural life affirmation embedded into the human psyche, rather there was something much more supreme going on: An infinitely complex game of symbols, in which one's own life, one's own existance was not a price too high to pay. People died as to make their lifes or deaths a gesture, they suffered and grew ill in protest to reality, in protest to their unfulfilled desires. They would sacrifice everything, whole nations, in the process of signifying which could not be expressed properly through language. That is to me a noble thing noted the ill man and got up from his bed. He looked at the stars rushing down the highway in the distance in boring regularity for the past 50 years and for the last 5 years in which he had been able to observe them from his bed room. He opened the window, a world of noises opened itself up to him. There was something like the drop of water magnified a thousand times through the echo waves reaching to him but he could not identify it properly, assuming that the harbour in the distance there were still people and machines being worked as to not let any percentages of productivity suffer the least tiny bit. Lots of people were poor these days, he knew that. Lots of people lived really fucking atrocious existances "like me" he knew that even if the numbers told a different story. And like them he was willing to turn this atrocity of his life into a grand gesture even if there was no grand human being to witness his gesture he would do it just to prove a point, to deny all of this life affirming bullshit that is run through all the channles. He got all the blankets and threw them into a corner of the room without aiming properly. He laid down, rigid like a wooden board, his eyes nose skin shuddering and started to count fro

but Diogenes was actually real

Do you think johann kaspar schmidt didn't exist?Please explain, whose books have I been masturbating too?

it's 8 pm now so he got up from his chair and put on some clothes. Until now - well he had been in his underwears! His "Undergarments". This was a regular thing of his while he was working as a independent contractor or something like that doing IT Stuff for companies across the world as to earn a living. Safe to say he had no family so he got up from his chair and put on some black pants over his undergarments. Next up was to put on a shirt over his undershirt and then put on a sweatshirt and then a jacket. He exchanged his warm thick socks for less thick but mor eagreeable socks. He looked into the mirror. He was pretty much bald at this point but he didn't look too shabby either. He was a man who read 2 hours of books tonight as to stand on superior ground to others. He knew a lot of things, he was not uneducated, surely he was not, but truthfully he wasn't anything special either. Not a lot of ideas being spun in that head, mostly just archiving, filing information neatly into several categories and living a modest lonely life but now he would find himself some company would he not. He got his purse in which there was a folded 200 of dollars which he would take with himself. Night didn't look too badly. A surprisingly clear sky and some stars could be seen above earth, far away and not truly graspable just from a sensual point of view he thought, knowing that if he truly ever wanted to appreciate stars he would need a fundamental and scientific knowledge of what stars are. Only then could he allow himself to perhaps indulge in some poetic speculations on the nightsky, for now there was too much missing in this regard so he diplomatically denied making any poetic judgements on beauty. "nice night" or "sway nightos" was good enough to express some genuine satisfaction with the state of affairs on a meteological level and some other levels as well but not more than that. Being now fully dressed and looking like a man who albei tbeing overweight and pretty much bald and wearing glasses knew how to behave, had money to dress properly and was anything but uneducated, meaning that he was an agreeable fella for his age of 51 and despite being somewhat of an oddball who spent all of his days in front of the computer he was not in the slightest bit disagreeable, holding sensible and non-provocative small talk, pleasantly, even in the more difficult to steer through areales. But now he would have a good fuck as he had every friday and saturday night for one houndred euros with a prostitute he knew (on saturday he was experimental) and being taken care of and being pleasured in professional ways. A not too offensive way to spend one's time if you ask me. It's a fair transaction, it's a pretty natural reaction too. Trying to disassociate the carnal pleasures from the web of economy, of being purchasable is in the least delusional if not fully dangerous to society. Even in the departments of the absolute was money always a topic, even in less corrupt days

Schmitt
Heidegger
Spengler
Aristotle
Schopenhauer

>babbies

Augustine
Jesus
Luther
Dawkins
Aquinas

>Camus
Go for someone like Kirkegaard or Heidegger, who actually make better points about existentialism or "le absurd xD". Even Marquis De Sade is better at talking about absolute freedom - Camus talked about that in The Rebel. For fiction, you can always go for Dosto, who Camus loved anyway. I don't feel like Albert actually brought anything new to the table.
>Goldman
She's only cool for organising, otherwise go for better academics like Rosa Luxemburg
>Barrel man
Actually read an Ancient Greek. He didn't do anything of note. Anyone will do. Start with Plato if you need a starting point.
>Das Stirn
I don't mind Stirner so much, mostly because I talk to people who write about him. Online fans are the worst though. Always have to read Hegel and Kant to get him though. No one realises, but he writes a lot about epistemology and mind in Ego and His Own.
>Le Bread Man
Just read Marx or Marxist historians, their historiography is far more interesting. Georges Lefebvre turned me off anarchism by turning me to historical materialism, etc. His book, Coming of the French Revolution, is what I read.

Check pic.

Fuck me, forgot the picture!!!

Hermann Hesse

So my philosophical shopping list should be Kirkegaard, Heidegger, Luxemburg and Lefebvre.

I agree on Stirner's online cult, I like the memes a whole lot but I have seen some serious trash.

This Lefebvre guy's not gonna try to turn me tankie is he? Am i about to get tanked?

whats your fav work by dh lawrence

Lao Tsu
Nietzsche
David Friedman
Albert Camus
Max Stirner

I like his poetry best. His major novels (Sons and lovers, The rainbow, Women in love) and short stories are great.

What

Schopenhauer
Nietzsche
Spengler
Rosenberg
Hitler

Kek

this is good i’ll include rosenberg next time and drop ebola

I assume this is in terms of literary figures (or I am at least going to interpret it as such because its more interesting than saying MY DAD LOL)

Tolstoy
Plato/Socrates
Hemmingway (not by his merit)
Faulkner
HESSE

Machiavelli
Kissinger
John Green
Adam Smith
Locke

Plato
Lao Tzu
Marcus Aurelius
Hermann Hesse
Machiavelli

Carl Jung
Kant
Ted Kaczynski
David Foster Wallace
Scott adams

>René Guénon
>Plato
>Fernando Pessoa
>Julius Evola
>Carl Jung

0/5

5/5

3/5 (never read Ovid or Cioran, thanks for the recs)

0/5

AHAHAAHAAHAHAHHA

2.5/5

eh/5 kirkegaard is okay

lol

lol

not the worst comment so far

ok/5

Pretty nice list.

lol

lol

1/5

pretty cool

>heidegger

cringe

more cringe than >schopenhauer
0/5

interesting

0/5

0/5

hesse is both over and underrated

lol

you need to get deeper into metaphysics

>never read Ovid or Cioran

i hate cunts like you. hang yourself

My father, my grandfather, a school teacher, Camus and Goscinny.

If you haven't known personally at least 1 you're a stupid pedant fuck.

Shakespeare
Beethoven
Michelangelo
Buddha
Tolstoy (for his literature, not his philosophical essays and preaching)

You've got 5 random anons on your list, don't you?